Thinking about making a Dark side councilar...

Does anyone know if this will end up hindering me in my storyline? So far I have lvled my trooper to 32 as full light side and it has been easy to keep my companions happy and to stay on track with my story. I was just curious if I was to go full dark side on a jedi class it would hold me back in any way.

Deleted
    Nope, your Storyline may change but you will not get hold back, in ANY way lvling or at Endgame. Its just gonna define your Character while you are questing

I imagine it'd be harder for you to gain your companion's affection if they're light-side (have to buy more gifts basically), which does affect the rate of success/timing of your crew skill missions.

I don't like doing this because I really like how into your characters you can get in this game but you can balance your companion affections by always picking options that will give you bonuses with them (nice stuff) but then always pick options that give you dark side points and take the -1 hit with them for those singular decisions. Also you could always do dark sided stuff and take Diplomacy and do Dark Sided missions that reward companion gifts.

Ok! Thank you all for the quick and helpful responces.