Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeshka View Post
    Nah not really. The lore isn't the biggest draw in these games; so you can easily play either.

But if you do care about the story or possible spoilers play them in order.
    Uh, what? What Assassin's Creed games have you been playing? The awesome story is one of the main reasons the games have done so well. X-play even admitted they'd have rated Revelations lower if the story didn't completely blow their minds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeshka View Post
    Nah not really. The lore isn't the biggest draw in these games; so you can easily play either.

But if you do care about the story or possible spoilers play them in order.
    What are you talking about? The story is awesome!

AC1 is a steaming pile of crap compared to AC2 and Brotherhood. As far as I am concerned, AC1 doesn't exist. And 4 sequences into Revelations, I am very disappointed with how they've handled the story after brotherhood.

Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    AC1 is a steaming pile of crap compared to AC2 and Brotherhood. As far as I am concerned, AC1 doesn't exist. And 4 sequences into Revelations, I am very disappointed with how they've handled the story after brotherhood.
    It gets better, the last 2 sequences are the best imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    Assassins Creed 1 has the handicap of being the first. The biggest reason the games after it are so good is because they've polished the hell out of it. AC1 is a bit of a "proof of concept", to show people that the game was worth investing in. And it's still a pretty good game, despite its flaws. But yeah, after playing Half Life 2, the first Half Life isn't really that good.

Edit: In the PS3 version of AC: Revelations, the first game is included. I'm not sure if it is in other versions, but if it is, there's no real reason for skipping it.
    Last edited by Ynna; 2011-12-29 at 03:30 PM.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to play the original to get the story of the second. But for Brotherhood and Revelations I think you need to play the second (Brotherhood isn't really that important in terms of story).

Quote Originally Posted by Scrabblet View Post
    You don't need to play the original to get the story of the second. But for Brotherhood and Revelations I think you need to play the second (Brotherhood isn't really that important in terms of story).
    Brotherhood is terribly important in terms of story... Not only concerning Ezio, but Desmond as well. I mean, the ending alone is bonkers, let alone everything else that happens with Monteriggioni, and the Truth. Not to mention Ezio's story, which is kind of significant.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you really need to play the first, don't, just wiki it. The first one has unplayable controls for me. I'll get the second one and actually start when it's under 10 bucks, which should be in a few weeks.

i don't know about AC 1 & 2, but as for brotherhood, the gameplay is just so boring i just wonder how the previous ones were.
    hold right click all the way + left click = **yawn**
    oh yeah, "use" button too once in a while (hopefully the only times i had to wake up)

Play all of them. i myself am i huge fan of the assassin creed games. and playing the first one will be better in the long run when you play revelations because you understand the story line a bit better when playing in the past.