Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I hope graphics arent too ''realistic''

As i said in the title, i hope the graphics arent going to be too realistic, i quite like the cartoon and colourful look on wow, when playing rift and aion the game just felt so dull because of the bland colors and very realistic look.

Not saying that the game looking real is a bad thing, but i hope GW2 has a bright, colorful yet still detailed graphics.. kind of like a updated version of wow.

Anyone else agree?

gameplay videos have already been released and it isn't cartoony looking in the slightest

Go to youtube and type GW 2 GC 2011, and see the graphics for yourself. They look amazing.

The animations are very smooth, and the amount of detail in the gear is astounding. Best looking mmo to date imo.

We already know how the graphics will look. Take a peak at one of the various GW2 videos on the official website or Youtube.

So far, they're phenomenal. Looking forward to seeing the world for myself, though. It's always better when you're experiencing it than watching videos.

Deleted
    They aren't too realistic but not too cartoonish either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Judge for yourself:

(No particular reason for the Divinity's Reach exploration video choice, I'm just in that kinda mood)

is there a HD video...thats not a cam?
    Xilë - Affixed - Frostmourne

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Guild+Wars+2+Youtube+videos&l=1

Seriously, just go straight to youtube and search for Guild Wars 2 gameplay to see for yourself.

Deleted

These are just showing cities but it's ingame footage, gives you a basic idea.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2011-12-28 at 05:24 AM. Reason: misspell + added video + removed one

Realistic and highly detailed aren't the same thing. Guild Wars 2 has a lot of detail in their graphics, but they also have a specific artistic style that doesn't make it realistic when compared to say, RIFT. Realistic graphics don't age well, but detailed games with their own style do. And I certainly wouldn't worry about a lack of color, because there seems to be a lot of it. (;

10+ Year Old Account
    These are direct feed, although the quality is killed by youtube even in HD

10+ Year Old Account
    Graphics are fine imo, bastards just better fucking have anti aliasing at launch or I will throw a nasty bitch fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the look of GW2. It's not cartoony but it's not *gags* Battlefield 3.

...now you have me all excited again for it! D:

WTB GW2!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Graphics are fine imo, bastards just better fucking have anti aliasing at launch
    Of course it will, GW2 is a next-gen triple A MMO made by a quality company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well we've already seen the graphics and they look nothing short of amazing. More importantly, the animations look very smooth and fluid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melfeth View Post
    Of course it will! It's a quality studio with a less-greedy-than-EA producer funding them. Closed beta is apparently even this Friday.
    I wouldn't call NCsoft less greedy than EA, I think they're on the same level of greediness. But I digress, I do really love the graphics of GW2, perfect mix of realism and cartoonish.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2011-12-28 at 05:26 AM.

I wouldn't call NCsoft less greedy than EA, I think they're on the same level of greediness. But I digress, I do really love the graphics of GW2, perfect mix of realism and cartoonish.
    It seems to me like ANet is almost entirely independent of NCsoft when it comes to development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0wn3d View Post
    It seems to me like ANet is almost entirely independent of NCsoft when it comes to development.
    Including funding?

Including funding?
    Trust me on this, NCsoft doesn't have a whole lot of say in what's going on with GW2 right now, and hasn't so far. Thankfully they're letting Anet handle this one on their own (they support them when needed).