Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't really like realistic graphics. If I wanted realism, I'd go outside and get mauled by a bear or whatever it is people who go outside do.

Realistic: Depends.
    cartoony: no
    Stylistic: absolutely.
    Diablo IV is the best MMORPG Blizzard has ever made!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Trust me on this, NCsoft doesn't have a whole lot of say in what's going on with GW2 right now, and hasn't so far. Thankfully they're letting Anet handle this one on their own (they support them when needed).
    Well that's good hear... not a huge fan of NCsoft.

The only cartoonish in this game are the Asura, darned Looney Tunes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Realism isn't really the issue here. Most so-called realistic games, just fail to choose an aesthetic style. By going just the realistic route, a game will not age well, since better realistic games will show up and be compared. But if you pick a distinct visual style, you're more likely stand to the test of time.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Realism isn't really the issue here. Most so-called realistic games, just fail to choose an aesthetic style. By going just the realistic route, a game will not age well, since better realistic games will show up and be compared. But if you pick a distinct visual style, you're more likely stand to the test of time.
    Exactly this, I bought the original Worms from Steam 2 days ago. Felt like old times. perfect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melfeth View Post
    You think Rift and Aion looks realistic? wat.

- This is realistic.

- About as far from realism as you can get.
    I wouldn't mix FPS games with RPG's. FPS with awwsocolorful-graphics would be stupid right?

OT: Agree with u OP. So far GW2 looks great tho.
    Last edited by mmoce3e7da83dc; 2011-12-28 at 10:27 AM. Reason: meh soz for those video links... got no idea how to get rid of em :P

Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    As i said in the title, i hope the graphics arent going to be too realistic, i quite like the cartoon and colourful look on wow, when playing rift and aion the game just felt so dull because of the bland colors and very realistic look.

Not saying that the game looking real is a bad thing, but i hope GW2 has a bright, colorful yet still detailed graphics.. kind of like a updated version of wow.

Anyone else agree?
    Can't tell if serious.... With all the footage around the net these days that you'd seriously ask that. If you like cartoony WoW shit than stick to WoW cause you won't find that kiddy shit with GW2.

---------- Post added 2011-12-28 at 10:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lotice View Post
    I don't really like realistic graphics. If I wanted realism, I'd go outside and get mauled by a bear or whatever it is people who go outside do.
    grats then dont play gw2. Hello Kitty Island Adventure ----> That Way. WoW is just around the corner from that. Enjoy.

There's no need to be rude to people with different opinions. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2011-12-28 at 05:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubbs View Post
    I wouldn't mix FPS games with RPG's. FPS with awwsocolorful-graphics would be stupid right?
    Actually, it might be a nice change of pace. A fantasy FPS might just be what the FPS-genre needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    Can't tell if serious.... With all the footage around the net these days that you'd seriously ask that. If you like cartoony WoW shit than stick to WoW cause you won't find that kiddy shit with GW2.

---------- Post added 2011-12-28 at 10:43 AM ----------

grats then dont play gw2. Hello Kitty Island Adventure ----> That Way. WoW is just around the corner from that. Enjoy.
    You talk about "kiddy shit", and yet you give the most immature response in the thread. People have different opinions, no need to flame them for that. Seriously.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Actually, it might be a nice change of pace. A fantasy FPS might just be what the FPS-genre needs.

You talk about "kiddy shit", and yet you give the most immature response in the thread. People have different opinions, no need to flame them for that. Seriously.
    *cough Halo *cough

Deleted
    It`s like Age of Conan but less realistic, with some shiney lightning and anime sparkles here and there
    But not as goofy as warhammer or eon

Deleted
    It looks stunning, but a large part of WoW's success is down to how accessible it is. Not everyone can afford to shell out for a new gaming rig or the latest fancy graphics card when almost every country is undergoing financial issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taldred View Post
    It looks stunning, but a large part of WoW's success is down to how accessible it is. Not everyone can afford to shell out for a new gaming rig or the latest fancy graphics card when almost every country is undergoing financial issues.
    It will run on an 8800GT, which isn't what anyone would call fancy in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbs View Post

OT: Agree with u OP. So far GW2 looks great tho.
    sarcasm? TF2 is the most popular FPS on Steam ATM and firefall is looking okay... and then there is planetside 2 graphics...

Xilë - Affixed - Frostmourne

10+ Year Old Account
    That Planetside 2 video...
    TRON: Legacy music rip off.
    Let's just say I'm a Daft Punk enthusiast.

OT: If by graphics you mean "art style", then GW2 is far from realistic. It's got cat people and midget gremlins who build robots. Doesn't get anymore silly than that...unless...pandas.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    That Planetside 2 video...
    TRON: Legacy music rip off.
    Let's just say I'm a Daft Punk enthusiast.

OT: If by graphics you mean "art style", then GW2 is far from realistic. It's got cat people and midget gremlins who build robots. Doesn't get anymore silly than that...unless...pandas.
    You do know who has to kill you now do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    *cough Halo *cough
    Halo is hardly fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post

Well (and I know I'm nitpicking), the presence of unrealistic creatures doesn't really mean the graphics can't be realistic. You can have highly stylized mundane situations, and you can have very realistic fantasy.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry, GW2 graphics are far from realistic and has a nice art style that makes it pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    Don't worry, GW2 graphics are far from realistic and has a nice art style that makes it pleasant.
    Realistic as in comparable with the real life I'd say yes.

Realistic as in detailed of how a flower/mountains would look like I would say, it's realistic.

Edit; It's a fantasy game so it should look like one, but the graphics/design on some stuff in the world is looking insanely good.

Deleted
    I don't what the reason was but I found Rift was giving me very bad headaches and eyestrain. I had to stop playing it which was a shame. Never have that problem with wow although i find it a bit overly cartoony. I'm hoping GW2 is somewhere between the 2.