Deleted

Choosing parts for my pc...how well do they fit together?

It's finally time to update my old system which was
    Intel Core2Duo E8400 3Ghz
    Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3
    Gainward Bliss Geforce 8500 GT SilentFX
    4GB RAM
    Vista 64-bit

Wow still works, but SWTOR is pretty crappy on it.

My planned setup for now (planning to go to order soon, hopefully tomorrow...I'm really tired of the low FPS, my game experience in SWTOR is not exactly great)

i5-2500k ~200 €
    Thermalright HR-02 Macho ~ 39 €
    EVGA Geforce GTX 560 Ti FPB ~ 220 €
    8 GB DDR3-1333 RAM, whatever comes cheap
    SSD: ADATA S510 120GB ~ 139 €
    Aerocool Vx-E Pro ~ 53 €
    harddrive: probably Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB ~ 130 € (a bunch of Hitachi Deskstars are cheaper but I'm not sure about them...can you recommend one or is the Samsung one clearly better?)

I'm not sure about the mainboard, I tend towards
    GA-P67A-D3-B3 ~ 90 € which is the cheapest (I also considered GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (132 €) and Asrock Z68X Pro3 (102 €), but both are more expensive and I'm not sure I need a Z68 board)....What do you think?

I've also considered EVGA Geforce GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores (300 €) and MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr III PE/OC (360 €) for graphics, but I think I'm going with the cheaper 560 Ti because I'm not sure the considerable extra cost is really worth it for SWTOR and WOW which I mainly play. Any opinions on that?

Any good power supply units you can recommend? I'd rather not spend more than 50€ on it, as cheap as possible without having bad quality.

Thanks a lot. I'm probably going to install Vista 64-bit because I already have a license and haven't had any problems with it, works like a charm for me.

edited for prices. I realise these are not the most competitive ones, but I'm buying at a store and having it built there, so I've used their prices. I know it would be cheaper on the internet.
    Last edited by mmoc9a5a6d9750; 2011-12-28 at 04:27 AM.

- Rather get 1600MHz RAM instead of 1333MHz. Same price, will overclock better
    - Samsung spinpoint F3's are better than Deskstars, no doubt about it, but if the price difference is ridiculous it might not be worth it.
    - Cheaper Gigabyte board works, but lacks SLI support and might be weaker for overclocking
    - Absolutely no point going over GTX560ti for MMOs right now.
    - Corsair (anything above CX), Antec and Seasonic will all be decent choices for a PSU. Corsair TX or Antec High Current Gamer series are probably the most affordable good quality PSUs in EU.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    - Rather get 1600MHz RAM instead of 1333MHz. Same price, will overclock better
    - Samsung spinpoint F3's are better than Deskstars, no doubt about it, but if the price difference is ridiculous it might not be worth it.
    - Cheaper Gigabyte board works, but lacks SLI support and might be weaker for overclocking
    - Absolutely no point going over GTX560ti for MMOs right now.
    - Corsair (anything above CX), Antec and Seasonic will all be decent choices for a PSU. Corsair TX or Antec High Current Gamer series are probably the most affordable good quality PSUs in EU.
    Thanks a lot, I'll take your advice on the RAM a Corsair XMS3 kit with 1600 MHz is only 5€ more than the cheapest 1333.
    I'll probably take the cheap board because I don't really plan to use SLI and I want to save money where I can and skip those extra features.
    The Corsair TX650V2 is the cheapest of the ones you've mentioned but still kind of expensive at 80€ (I think 650 should be enough, maybe even less would be enough, but I'll ask them that), but I don't want to be stingy on the important parts either, so I'll think about that one.
    Thanks, now I feel better about my built because I'm really a pc noob and not a system builder at all.

---------- Post added 2011-12-28 at 11:08 PM ----------

Just ordered today, they didn't have the case (Aerocool Vx-e Pro) I had planned on so I bought
    Xigmatek Midgard

I also bought the Corsair Vengeance RAM instead of the XMS2 because they recommended it and it was only 2€ more
    and actually ended up getting the Corsair TX650V2 PSU.
    everything else I bought as planned

i5-2500k ~200 €
    Thermalright HR-02 Macho ~ 39 €
    EVGA Geforce GTX 560 Ti FPB ~ 220 €
    SSD: ADATA S510 120GB ~ 139 €
    harddrive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB ~ 130 €
    GA-P67A-D3-B3
    + 8 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz (instead of XMS2)
    + Corsair TX650V2
    + Xigmatek Midgard (instead of Aerocool Vx-e Pro)

I hope it runs well, I was surprised when my list went through pretty much unchallenged (I told them I was open to suggestions but they told me it seemed fine basically, only suggested the other RAM) considering I haven't ever done this before.
    Last edited by mmoc9a5a6d9750; 2011-12-28 at 10:09 PM.