Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melpo View Post
    Personally, I don't know why this hasn't been done ages ago. Levelling seems so pointless. Make an MMO 100% about achievements and cosmetic loot, mounts, pets. Work only on end-game - never have to do level cap again.
    While I agree that leveling in MMOs like WoW is kinda pointless, it should just be done differently.

Oh and by the way, a game where the rewards are cosmetic seems pointless to me. It's already gone too far in WoW and made me lose all interest in it (couldn't care less if the reward isn't practical). Sure, there might be some people who like it but it can't be the majority.. or are people really so taken in by virtual pets and such?:O

Honestly, since it seems the hardcore really want a level-cap pvp and raiding experience - why not have a game with a level cap of only perhaps 5, and make the bulk of the 4 progress levels as essentially an ability-tutorial only, with perhaps the first 2 levels as simple PvE, 1:1 PvP, graduating to more complex and powerful instances of both?

The bulk of the game is immediately 'endgame' and final-level gear acquisition.

Or just dispense with levels entirely, and make it FPS-like in the sense that you start the game with all your abilities and tools, and it's pure character-skill driven?
    -Styopa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styopa View Post
    Honestly, since it seems the hardcore really want a level-cap pvp and raiding experience - why not have a game with a level cap of only perhaps 5, and make the bulk of the 4 progress levels as essentially an ability-tutorial only, with perhaps the first 2 levels as simple PvE, 1:1 PvP, graduating to more complex and powerful instances of both?

The bulk of the game is immediately 'endgame' and final-level gear acquisition.

Or just dispense with levels entirely, and make it FPS-like in the sense that you start the game with all your abilities and tools, and it's pure character-skill driven?
    That is a type of system I would enjoy, I was theorizing on how leveling could be shortened or avoided and came with with something similar.

Essentially I would make it where your leveling is not based on quests, but dungeons.

Example:

You start off at a generic level (let's use numbers although I would make it a rank, like peasant)
    Level 1 - you choose your class, faction, etc and have to defeat a number of mobs that progressively hit harder and survive, automatic level up at the end.

Level 2 - same thing, except the dungeon gets a bit harder, teaching you more complex mechanics but still being fun. Level up automatically when the final boss is defeated by you and your party.

Level 3 - changes things up and you have to complete a PvP "starter zone" where you basically have to complete a task and defeat enemy players, this would be a "free for all" zone so server population imbalance would not matter, and it would only be open to the new players (so no high geared ganking)

Level 4 - something

Level 5 - you complete a final dungeon that is medium difficulty and choose your professions, gear set and what-not.

After this you would enter the "real world", after having spent only around 2-4 hours "leveling". The ENTIRE rest of the game would be raids with lore inside them, massive world pvp and battlefields, etc.
    Watch the weather change...

PvP, lore, secrets and environment traversing. I'm a little bit sick of passive stats on passive gear. Beautiful environments with no interaction besides walking on ground and clicking on things. I want some moving platforms, traps, conveyor belts, trampolines, etc.

They need to take LoZ:OOT, Kirby Super Star, Smash Bros., Star Fox, classic mario games (SMW, Mario 64 etc) Donkey Kong country and smash them all together into an MMO. Honestly, I'd rather play a "World of Nintendo" or "Nintendo Universe" based off of it's games. Super Smash Melee/Brawl did a decent job trying to reinforce the idea that the nintendo's universe contains all of these game's stories.

DO EET NINTENDO!
    Do not underestimate us.