Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Christwire.org 's thoughts on SWTOR.

I thought it was very funny read.

http://christwire.org/2011/12/star-w...nile-handlers/

Even though the site is satire it is still funny to read.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Personally, an article based mostly on lightsaber/penis jokes isn't too funny. Spaceballs did this 20 years ago.

A more articulate version of trade chat is all it is. The targeted demographic of a satirical article such as this is low, as people who are too immature to enjoy "gay" "anal" "penis" "dick" jokes don't really read much. Not being a hardass, but making those jokes are easy punches, and really shows no talent in comedy or writing.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Yeah, i guess something done 20 years ago can only be funny once, right? Hence why comedians use the same material for years and their shows still sell out.
    There's not a lot that will make me laugh every time I see it. Being popular doesn't mean it's any good, people are stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even swtor haters and (dare i say it..)wow fanboys will call that article lame...

Are those Jedi/Sith acronyms actually meant to be humourous?

OH HE SAID PENIS.
    TEE HEE
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2011-12-28 at 06:00 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The site is a troll site to the extreme.
    The comments in particular are absolutely hilarious.

This site makes me giggle every time I read it. I bet some people are taking it seriously, however.

Already done with Skyrim. Old joke. Next.

15+ Year Old Account
    Terrible article. Zero input. 0/10.

More spam for an already spam filled forum. Just because you saw a random SWTOR thing doesn't qualify it as it's own thread.

Deleted
    That was so unfunny it made me sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really find that funny. Seems like the writer is trying to be a Stephen Colbert wannabe and failing at it... which isn't really suprising since most comedy article writers are trying to mimic him nowadays.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2011-12-28 at 09:08 AM.

It was much funnier when they didnt go this much overboard on everything. When they wrote things so that you could almost believe it to be "weird religious people" (even though you would know that it was a satirical site)

Now, even people that dont know its satire will think its way too much, hence losing (in my oppinion) the funny side about it

Oh well

They are trying way too hard to be funny, and it's coming off as moronic, really. A little subtlety goes a long way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Deleted
    Meh, it got boring after the third sentence or so. I can appreciate any sort of crude humour, but it seems like that article's just trying too hard.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was funny earlier tonight, now it just makes me cringe.

Edit: I think what happened I went and looked at stuff that is actually funny.

eh, they got some popularity with the "skyrim makes your kids gay" and are now trying to ride the same joke
    quite sad, should have come up with something original for TOR

15+ Year Old Account
    wtf is that crap.. and gay interaction last i checked there was none in the game, i dont know if its a joke but its a bit going too far.

End words: not funny and that remind me of a very cheap south park joke (didn't think that was possible).
    Last edited by DaGhostDS; 2011-12-28 at 12:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I very much enjoy those ultra-Christian satire sites, as they are crazily true from some people I have met at churches, but that was the weakest attempt I have seen in a long, long time. They could have at least tried to be more subtle about it. Satire works best when you think they could be a nutter and be serious about what they are saying. This didn't feel like that at all.

came expecting legit review, instantly dissapointed soon as I read the title on the page.

Isn't it just another example of Christians and their love for children? Is that religious slur? I don't know, proof is out there :P