10+ Year Old Account

A good HDTV for exactly 300 dollars

Anyone know of a good HDTV that costs exactly 300 dollars? I don't care what size it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're going to spend that much money, why not bust out another 150$ and get something decent?

depends.. lcd or led? also will you be gaming on it at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leprocy View Post
    depends.. lcd or led? also will you be gaming on it at all?
    Yes, I plan on console gaming with said HDTV, and sorry this is probably going to piss you off but what's the difference between lcd and led? Really not good at this sort of thing. Basically I want the best possible image quality from my HDTV that is exactly 300 dollars.

---------- Post added 2011-12-28 at 06:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    If you're going to spend that much money, why not bust out another 150$ and get something decent?
    Because it's all I have to work with atm.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2011-12-28 at 06:29 AM.

LCD/LED is the method of picture generation/display (much like really old monitors/T.V's were CRT or cathode ray tube). LCD stands for Liquid Crystal Display where as L.E.D. is light emmiting Diode, they both have their strengths and weaknesses, in general LED's require less energy and have a crisper display however it obviously comes down to the T.V. itself. That said I haven't really looked at many displays in that price range recently so wont be able to give you a recommendation without doing some research first, hopefully others can get the ball rolling while I do.

Technically both types are LCD displays just with different light sources.
    Last edited by Zulandia; 2011-12-28 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    LCD/LED is the method of picture generation (much like really old monitors/T.V's were CRT or cathode ray tube). LCD stands for Liquid Crystal Display where as L.E.D. is light emmiting Diode, they both have their strengths and weaknesses, in general LED's require less energy and have a crisper display however it obviously comes down to the T.V. itself. That said I haven't really looked at many displays in that price range recently so wont be able to give you a recommendation without doing some research first, hopefully others can get the ball rolling while I do.
    yea what he said generally speaking, though, i believe LCD would be better for gaming since (as far as i know) they offer better refresh rates

but in response to the original question, i just bought an lcd tochiba for my mom 24" for around 200$, you'll most likely find a samsung 32-34" for 300$ so thats probably your best bet.
    Last edited by leprocy; 2011-12-28 at 06:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I guess I should run with LCD since I mainly want the TV for gaming, honestly don't give a fuck about what my tv shows look like as far as quality. Thank you for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    LCD/LED is the method of picture generation (much like really old monitors/T.V's were CRT or cathode ray tube). LCD stands for Liquid Crystal Display where as L.E.D. is light emmiting Diode, they both have their strengths and weaknesses, in general LED's require less energy and have a crisper display however it obviously comes down to the T.V. itself. That said I haven't really looked at many displays in that price range recently so wont be able to give you a recommendation without doing some research first, hopefully others can get the ball rolling while I do.
    Uhm...

LCD / LED only describes the difference of how the "LCD" is backlit.

Most TVs these days are either LCD or Plasma. I have not seen a single LED TV for sale yet.
    The problem is, what marketers call "LED TVs" really mean LED edgelit (ie, they have put LEDs beside and slightly behind the actual panel), despite being an LCD TV. LED backlit is better than LED, however, these are thicker, so that they can have an entire matrix of LEDs behind the panel.
    Those being branded as LCD are being lit up by CCFL. "LED" TVs give a more vibrant and perhaps pleasant colouration and less strain on the eye.
    "LCD" TVs in general will give a better (ie, more accurate, but perhaps not as enjoyable) colour representation, and a bit more strain on the eye.
    The "LED" TVs will have the advantage of being thinner and consume less energy.

Samsung and LG are said to be marketting 55" OLED in time for the Olympics 2012. These will be actual LED TVs.

If you can just kick in 65 more dollars and use the coupon code EMCJHHC76, you can get a halfway decent 40". $365 with coupon code. Free shipping.

Can't post url's yet, but google search "Westinghouse 40" 1080p 120Hz LED-LCD HDTV LD-4080" and you should be able to find it on newegg.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    If you can just kick in 65 more dollars and use the coupon code EMCJHHC76, you can get a halfway decent 40". $365 with coupon code. Free shipping.

Can't post url's yet, but google search "Westinghouse 40" 1080p 120Hz LED-LCD HDTV LD-4080" and you should be able to find it on newegg.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16889234047 link. Not offering an opinion or recommendation or recommending against it.

I'm not allowed to link yet either (how many post does i take till you can?) but I've always had really good luck is Vizio's, inexpensive and I find for the price, it offers the best dollar/performance ratio then most others

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Not offering an opinion or recommendation or recommending against it.
    But whyyyyyy?!