Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    To all of those who think raid lockouts resetting on transfer/faction change is intended:

IT IS NOT

It was fixed many times before, but it seems Blizzard developers are quite forgetful.
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

Quote Originally Posted by calibro View Post
    And may i add, STARS were the case then. They exploited the transfer bug to get WF Shannox (shame the boss was loleasy) and their achievements + loot were deleted.
    This time Blizz is not so fast, don't know why.
    Completely different situations. STARS did it to get into heroic the FIRST WEEK of FL release, hence why Heroic DS was held back a week to avoid this.

I do not agree with transferring to clear raid lockouts, however you cannot compare these situations as they are vastly different.

I heard that russians pay much less than eu and us players do. It costs them just 9.5 euro to transfer. Also there were several free transfer services opened, so they were able to do additional transfers for free. 4 raid lockout resets just for 19euro. Good bargain!
    Looks like xploiting for russians was not expensive at all.

And if people call it LEGIT, I see no reason why it should not be widely used by world top guilds. Actually they will HAVE to do it in order to have fair competition with guilds that use this exploit.

Whats next? Raid lockdown reset for 20 euros purchaseable from blizzard web site? Is it kind of the game we want to play?

They didn't exploit it, they won the achievement. DONE.
    FFing DONE.

---------- Post added 2011-12-28 at 01:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    I heard that russians pay much less than eu and us players do. It costs them just 9.5 euro to transfer. Also there were several free transfer services opened, so they were able to do additional transfers for free. 4 raid lockout resets just for 19euro. Good bargain!
    Looks like xploiting for russians was not expensive at all.

And if people call it LEGIT, I see no reason why it should not be widely used by world top guilds. Actually they will HAVE to do it in order to have fair competition with guilds that use this exploit.

Whats next? Raid lockdown reset for 20 euros purchaseable from blizzard web site? Is it kind of the game we want to play?
    This is the kind of game you are already playing.
    Blizzard has been greedy since 3.3 when they merged with Activision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

so these guys literally paid to get a mount and a WF that will be forgotten by this time next month?

you paid money to get an achievement before others?

lol.

Clever use of Battle.net mechanics imo.

Oh, Russian WoW community will NEVER change. Exploits are involved in almost every race to world first - 4.3. content wasn't an exception with LFR exploiting and mass-bans. Since Wrath there were 2 top guilds in Russia, Karfagen and Exorsus, Karfagen being 1st and Exorsus being 2nd. AS you know, for progress gains 2 top guilds usually merge - like it was with Ensidia and Paragon (as I know it was created from 2 top finnish guilds). But not in the case of Russia. These 2 guilds were always hating each other, mostly Karfagen members scolding Exorsus by being always 2nd. Now Karfagen has lost the race and... and one jealous kid from that guild, Calibro, appears and blaming Exorsus for cheating. More than that of cheating which was know long ago and could easily be fixed by Blizzard if they consider it as serious issue.
    Let's see if Karfagen is clear from cheating as well.

Patch 4.3. is released. Both guilds are going into LFR-abuse, both guilds are banned.
    Exorsus: Checking their alts/ban-free mains, creating a 10 man raid, clearing 6/8 hc.
    Karfagen: Spreading advertisements all over the wow-related Russian web "WTB casters with legendaries". They have bought about 10-15 characters (check their guild roster at wowprogress about 6th-10th of December when bans were placed. All invited characters there are bought.) to keep their 25 raid. Clearing 6/8 hc.
    2 weeks later: Soulflayer is like Outland. Gigantic queues, laggy, LAGGY Orgrimmar (check faction ratio of that server, 99% are hordies), at raid time queues are about 2k ppl and you cannot reforge. Exorsus is transferring to another server (free transfer was opened). Yes, raid lockouts were removed and they have cleared DS again. When queue has fallen to about 600 ppl at raid time, they have transferred back due to better economics (there were almost no epic gems on that server).
    Now they have killed MoD, they have got wf Glory of DS raider - and Karfagen members appeared of nowhere to blame them for "buying the gear". What about you guys, buying characters in gear for your kills? I don't think this is legit.

More than that, there is a fishy story about Karfagen members selling their characters to get money from a client and then claiming the return of "hacked" characters from Blizzard, being fraudsters - that's how they got their money to buy characters after their ban - but this is the whole different story.
    You shouldn't accuse someone of cheating being cheaters yourselves, that's all.

When raid lockouts will be purchaseable from blizzard web site it will not be an exploit.
    Right now, it is. Simple as that.

The last two HM bosses are trivialized by getting 2 additional loot resets. 8/8 means "all right guys, time for achievement run!". They got the advantage in heroic progression race by exploiting and then did WF glory.
    Bring back ArP rating!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva View Post
    so these guys literally paid to get a mount and a WF that will be forgotten by this time next month?

you paid money to get an achievement before others?

lol.
    It's not like they went to the shop and bought it, they earned it.

Deleted
    This is getting intresting...

Quote Originally Posted by calibro View Post
    When raid lockouts will be purchaseable from blizzard web site it will not be an exploit.
    Right now, it is. Simple as that.

The last two HM bosses are trivialized by getting 2 additional loot resets. 8/8 means "all right guys, time for achievement run!". They got the advantage in heroic progression race by exploiting and then did WF glory.
    Lol.....I don't think there is much that "trivialises" the death wing heroic encounters. All the gear in the world won't trivialise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazcakeforu View Post
    Lol.....I don't think there is much that "trivialises" the death wing heroic encounters. All the gear in the world won't trivialise it.
    Paragon were wiping on last % of Spine encounter a week ago. Then, a new raid lockout, they kill it.
    You "don't think" and top guild raiders know it - last two bosses of T13 are LARGELY dependant on gear. Ask them if you want As anyone can see in videos, tactics aren't the difficult part of those encounters.
    Bring back ArP rating!

Exploit or no, they have the world first and the whiny guilds dont. To me, this seems like a victory! Gz to the winners with their pretty new birdie!
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

lolwut? more gear on dps = more damage to kill adds faster, more gear on tanks = tanks take less damage, more gear on healers = more healing output on raid. you dumb bro?

140% Lockouts!

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrrayzor View Post
    ur jelly, brah?
    anyways, nobody in the world cares about your region. Why don't you go spread your lies in cyrillic elsewhere, comrade
    You, sir, are an idiot. Go spread your racism and ignorance somewhere else. And no, i'm not a Russian, nor do i like or dislike them, i'm just not foolish enough to let an elitist like you to not go insulted.

Quote Originally Posted by mnzahra View Post
    lolwut? more gear on dps = more damage to kill adds faster, more gear on tanks = tanks take less damage, more gear on healers = more healing output on raid. you dumb bro?
    There is an enormous difference between having more dps/heals and "trivialising" a heroic encounter, if you are wiping at 10% and get a few gear upgrades you don't waltz through the encounter like a hot knife through butter....

In fact, Spine HC is just a plain gear check. 99% of time you're just standing still and performing your rotation. If your healers are geared enough you don't even need to kite slimes, they are tankable. From the tactics side it is one of the simplest bosses we got in Cataclysm.

There is an enormous difference between having more dps/heals and "trivialising" a heroic encounter, if you are wiping at 10% and get a few gear upgrades you don't waltz through the encounter like a hot knife through butter....
    Pretty much every "world first" is done on the bleeding edge of skill/gear. Extra lockouts make this edge not as "bleeding" as it is for non-exploiters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xab3r View Post
    In fact, Spine HC is just a plain gear check. 99% of time you're just standing still and performing your rotation. If your healers are geared enough you don't even need to kite slimes, they are tankable. From the tactics side it is one of the simplest bosses we got in Cataclysm.
    Exactly.
    Bring back ArP rating!

Deleted
    In soviet Russia battle.net exploits you.
    And yea don't report them otherwise Karfagen wont have any competitors in a ru community.
    Anyway gz.