Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    This seems to be a very common issue. A few things that I realized included heavy flight mini-game playing breaks things up... some pvp helps out, and both of these serve to assist you in clearing content faster by building your level up. A good guild makes it really easy as well.

Maybe if they added Pazaak to the game it would help to break things up further!

I was having a bit of a race with some friends, and within 8 days played for over 4 (we all had time off and I'm not with my family atm, just for flamers.) I hit level 50 by constantly changing things up. I did the bg daily each day, I did every space mission, some multiple times, and I would often leave planets early after finishing class quests, only to come back to them when I was a bit higher level, just for a change of pace. At around 40 is when it really hit me hard, but I think Bioware must have noticed this, because I discovered a bonus series back on Alderaan(I got the quest in the Imperial Fleet) that took me back and leveled me a level and a half. It made moving on a lot easier to handle.

After getting level 50 I was relieved. My advice to you -- slow down, break up your leveling blocks into different types of leveling and different planets, and don't race like I did. It wasn't fun, even for the winner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really just sounds more like your burnt on MMO's. Myself, like many others, took a break from other MMO's in anticipation of SWTOR. It felt really good to get back into an MMO after a 6 month break so the issues you have dont bother me or other people and they really dont sound like game issues as much as genre issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Maybe if they added Pazaak to the game it would help to break things up further!
    I'd love some Pazaak and other side games. I really hope Bioware doesn't just give us raiding content and think we'll be happy with it like WoW.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm burned out on MMO's so I'm countering that by not playing very much and not rushing to the end. I'm almost to level 20 and not in any hurry to get to 50.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Patience is important. Along with pacing.

I find myself hating most games if I really try to grind it out 24/7 because then it becomes me playing numbers on the screen and not playing lets say.. a Jedi instead. I love SWTOR but like any MMO or lengthy RPG I find myself having to take breaks to keep in the grove -- usually when I hit a new hub I get up and grab a drink or snack -- or maybe even go do something else for 30 mins to veg out. Every MMO, every RPG, and all in between of them eventually will feel repetitive and dry because in essence you are doing the same thing over, and over, and over again with the rewards being story and character progression. Not to mention if you do it right build muscle memory in your fingers and class knowledge in your brain. Of course the more creative you get with it the more enjoyable the repetition can get but creativity isn't really the quick and easy path to 50 in most cases. But that is just between each player and their personal play style / game goals or just flat out how good they are at the game or games in general.

But make no mistake of it MMO's are VERY easy to get burned out on. Because you have personal baggage that keeps you playing it long after you would have dropped any other game in your collection. If you just got out of a "why the hell am I still playing (insert mmo name here) relationship" then those feelings are still going to exists and it is close enough of a game to your previous MMO to allow it to pester. It is part of the reason I took a couple of weeks of no WoW before SWTOR release. I didn't want any of that soap opera on my mind and I think it worked. But I still take breaks and take my time. I doubt I will be the first 50 in my guild and its way to late to be the first on my server but I will certainly be within the pack and that honestly is the best place to be. First and last sucks. Pack is really were the fun and most game play is found. So just roll with it.

If in a week or few days you still feel burnt out then you need to just step back and maybe consider a break from MMOs for a minute. It isn't shameful and the feeling of "getting left behind" is all bull anyway. Trust me if you are feeling better the game will be fun again. If your unsure or depressed from previous games its will just continue unless you walk away for a while. It doesn't mean you have to never see an MMO again or that it has to be weeks, months, or years -- just take a break. Maybe just a weekend will do in a lot of cases. I know one weekend off from WoW, back when I was pounding my head against that desk, would keep me 2-3 weeks of reprieve from the burning feeling and I was a raging fire of burnt out (and why I always planned a weekend trip once a month to just get out and away). Just give it a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I'd love some Pazaak and other side games. I really hope Bioware doesn't just give us raiding content and think we'll be happy with it like WoW.
    I honestly believe that Pazaak is in the game, they just need to activate it. There's a Pazaak table on Esseles that you can click on. It gives you back a message that there are no players right now or some such nonsense. Who wouldn't play Pazaak while their vessel is being attacked by Imps???

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of you are right in saying that it is some kind of burnout. I think I might take a few weeks off from the game and come back to it later...go read a book or three...and then decide what I want to do.

I left WoW back when 4.2 had first come out and played Rift for only a month after that (I had been playing both at the same time) so I figured between the start of August and mid-December whatever apathy/burnout I was having for MMOs would wear off. Usually I'll take 1+ month off from an MMO and feel completely rejuvenated for the next 6-12 months so this happening so fast was more than a little unexpected.

Deleted
    I've learnt a similar and rather expensive lesson, am fully burnt out on mmo's and rpgs at the moment, even after pretty much a 1 year break from wow. Playing age of empires online now, which is a nice diversion, but think i'm just going to go though a phase of not much gaming for the next few years.