Poll: Which prize would you pick?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely the computer for me. I'm satisfied with my current car and don't see the need for a new one for a long while, but right now my computer is crap and a new one is the best way to go at this point. As for clothes, I don't really care much about how fancy it is.

Car

computer will drop in price heavily every year. 20k next year is 5k.

The clothes might be cool too if I had a good car already.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather just have the $20,000; I don't want nor need any of those things and I'd only end up selling them. I'd go for the car; I imagine it's an easier sale than the niche market of super computers and less hassle than selling loads of individual clothing items.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    #1 Hands down

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrolepsy View Post
    Car

computer will drop in price heavily every year. 20k next year is 5k.

The clothes might be cool too if I had a good car already.
    Hardly, it will be more like 15-18k next year. I mean the prices don't drop that much any more.. and the same is true for the car (but probably not true for the clothes).

Gold rings seem to be the only option with any intrinsic value. ie. the gold is worth something even if the rings are not. And, the value of gold continues to increase. It would depend on the purity of the gold, the relative value of the gold vs. the value of the ring, etc.

Truth is, I'd much rather have the money.

Ironically, though, a $20,000 car is the only item on the list that really isn't a "luxury." It's "designer" clothes, a "super"computer and an average new car.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    Gold rings seem to be the only option with any intrinsic value. ie. the gold is worth something even if the rings are not. And, the value of gold continues to increase. It would depend on the purity of the gold, the relative value of the gold vs. the value of the ring, etc.

Truth is, I'd much rather have the money.

Ironically, though, a $20,000 car is the only item on the list that really isn't a "luxury." It's "designer" clothes, a "super"computer and an average new car.
    Have you ever watched any of those game shows by the way?:P They're mostly "useless" rewards like a luxury trip that will leave only a memory or a kitchen furniture set. But in reality, none of them are really useless.. only one should be a right choice for everyone though

To clarify there is no right answer, but one of them should feel right and a no-brainer and two not so much for every person but not a single item for everyone.

Computer of course. Skelington could put a super one to good use.

10+ Year Old Account
    20,000 is no awesome car. A 20k car is a new cheap car. I would still take the car as it would be the easiest to resell for cash.

$20,000 car- Average car nothing special
    $20,000 clothes- If your into this it could be awesome
    $20,000 comptuer- Would have to be a amazing machine with no much overkill and pointless stuff it would blow your mind

Computer please

computah ftw
    gives me more entertainment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Have you ever watched any of those game shows by the way?:P They're mostly "useless" rewards like a luxury trip that will leave only a memory or a kitchen furniture set. But in reality, none of them are really useless.. only one should be a right choice for everyone though

To clarify there is no right answer, but one of them should feel right and a no-brainer and two not so much for every person but not a single item for everyone.
    Only 20000 and a kitchen furniture set? Um...you wouldn't happen to be watching Let's make a deal from the 70's are you?

As for the choices I take the womens.

Deleted
    probably no.1, would have gone for 2, if i had a drivers licence :\

I would go with prize number 3, if i could get that 20,000 in just pure gold bricks. I would then hold onto it for a few years and flip it for mad profits, then buy the computer (Which will be even more new age then the gameshow one) and a nice car.

Gold commercials dont lie, the price of gold is going up up up up =D
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

probably the computer

as long as it comes with
    -a case of turtle wax
    -and a lifetime supply of rice-a-roni!
    from "I lost on jeopardy" by weird al. love that song
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    The car only if it was one that worked with electricity or some other form of non-gasoline engine since prices for that are horrible.

Computer... well computers are outdated in a few years these days, a car you could use for 20 years, a computer no chance. And designer clothes? They're crap, rather wear something pleasant and nice that fits me then some crappy clothes that are overrated.

---------- Post added 2011-12-29 at 12:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    I would go with prize number 3, if i could get that 20,000 in just pure gold bricks. I would then hold onto it for a few years and flip it for mad profits, then buy the computer (Which will be even more new age then the gameshow one) and a nice car.

Gold commercials dont lie, the price of gold is going up up up up =D
    You know, I didn't think of that, but well said... gold is a commodity that keeps rising in price, so screw clothes but gold would be ok. or platinum or palladinum, I like those more.

Car, because the computer wont be great anymore after a few years and will need to be replaced while the car will still be ok.

Deleted
    get the car
    sell the car
    pay my rent

I would definitly want to go with the car. I could get more use out of it than a spiffy computer since im not much into high tech equipment.

Lets see a top of the line PC that's obsolete in 1 year or a car that I can use for 10-15 years+ depending on how I take care of it. Can't decide can't decide

oh yeah the car.. by a long shot.

I could sell the car 4 years down the road for at least 5times what i would get for the PC