Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Keilith View Post
    Aside from 1 potentially wasted GCD which I will concede, can you give me another reason not to cast it immediately and possibly 4 seconds later?
    Because of the course of a fight its wasting numerous GCDs that could have been used on higher priority spells. That adds up to a significant dps loss. I raid as AFF and never waste those 10 seconds of extra spellpower on a soulfire. I will cast one before the insta proc wears off so i can get the shard back I wait till the sp buff is over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Because if you immediately cast soul fire after soulburn you just potentially wasted up to 10 free seconds of ISF that didn't require a cast.

You want to cast soul fire as little as possible while maintaining maximum uptime on ISF, macroing soul fire into soul burn doesn't contribute towards that
    God i love being afflic, only casting soulfire every 45s instant to boot xD Not sure what the op really means but yeh i dont see the spell power change looking at my char pane open but i ofc get the buff it's abominations might tootip. tooltip means buff is on so he cant be thinking he's not getting it :S

Quote Originally Posted by Carcer View Post
    God i love being afflic, only casting soulfire every 45s instant to boot xD Not sure what the op really means but yeh i dont see the spell power change looking at my char pane open but i ofc get the buff it's abominations might tootip. tooltip means buff is on so he cant be thinking he's not getting it :S
    No I know im getting it. The point of the post is im keeping it for 20 seconds not 10. I loose the buff on my buff bar but my effective sp remains as long as ISF remains. It onyl changes at 10 seconds if I get another sp buff like lightweave or power torrent.

How ever after responses I am inclined to think its just a UI error.

Deleted
    Ok, I'm leaning more and more towards the OP trolling.
    In any case,

1) track the actual buff using any of the very sweet addons avaliable for doing so (satrina buff frames, power auras classic etc.) and you will see the actual duration of the buff. Or download an addon that keeps track of your spell power without requiring you to keep your character screen open.

2) what Penguin FTW is saying about not casting soul fire macroed to the soul burn is basically a fact. If you don't "agree" with it (don't really know how you couldn't it's such an obvious thing), just drop the discussion and save us all some headache.

aaaaand we're done.

Quote Originally Posted by shapow View Post
    Slightly off topic, but macro'ing it to soul fire is a really bad idea Keep it its own button, hit it on CD, and then use the soulfire when your ISF buff is getting low, and not right away, as other spells have higher priority than that.
    macroing it as demo ( without pet swapping that is ) and affi does help. Using it as destro only works if you use near the end of a ISF buff