Side quests different for Empire vs. Republic?

The idea of playing an alt went out the window for me when I realized that the side quests would all be repeats if I played another Republic class.

Does the Empire have entirely different side quests? Obviously they would on the first couple of Empire-only worlds, but after that?

the side quest are the same for the same faction, and are different from the other faction if you will.

since you are working for the empire for one and working for the republic for the other.

so yea they have different side quest. for each side

They have similar side quests but you're killing different mobs, granted my empire toon isn't close to my republic one so it might be diff at higher levels.

You act like the side quests are bad and you can't stomach the idea of doing them again...

The quests aren't even the same if you make different choices, some quests can be pretty different if you choose DS or LS.

Besides, even if you really are serious, its not like you HAVE to do the side quests. Just do your main story and do space combat/FPs/WZs to stay the appropriate level and skip the side quests if you really hate them that much.

Not a single quest is shared between empire and republic. There are some flashpoints that are shared, but quite a few that are unique. All the big story ones are unique anyway. But yeah, quests are totally different.

On a side note, I highly recommend the agent for your empire character, the story is just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by torftw View Post
    Not a single quest is shared between empire and republic. There are some flashpoints that are shared, but quite a few that are unique. All the big story ones are unique anyway. But yeah, quests are totally different.

On a side note, I highly recommend the agent for your empire character, the story is just amazing.
    Was 100% planning to play an Agent (if I do make an Empire alt) for exactly that reason.

Cant say about the endgame world yet, but before that theyre different. Even neutral planets like Nar Shadaa. But really even if the quests are the "same" thats no reason to not roll an alt of the same faction, there are some vastly different outcomes and dialog choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Achromatis View Post
    Cant say about the endgame world yet, but before that theyre different. Even neutral planets like Nar Shadaa. But really even if the quests are the "same" thats no reason to not roll an alt of the same faction, there are some vastly different outcomes and dialog choices.
    Ilum does indeed have different quests depending on your faction.

Not to mention depending on your class, the dialogue and how NPC's address you is different.