10+ Year Old Account

[RET] 4 piece T12 or use double 2 piece T12+T13

Should i wait till i get the rest of my tier pieces to break my tier 12 4-piece or use both 2-sets?

i really like the new T-13 2 set it makes the rotation feel a lil lesss RNG.

on the other side will the holy power from judgment make up for the extra 15 from zealotry.

in the end am i gonna put out the same,less, or more TVs with the double set or the T12 4 set.

Im retarded and didnt read op correctly.
    Last edited by silverhatred; 2011-12-29 at 11:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    I disagree with this.
    I disagree with you, sir...I made the switch as soon as I could, going from 391 -> 384 chest and legs, and the ability to pump out those TV's throughout the fight is so much more valuable in most Dragon Soul encounters than an extended cooldown phase with Zealotry.

There's more sockets on these pieces and the stats are at least remotely similar in going from H T12 to LFR T13...unless you have something different to offer.

It has been simmed that breaking 4P T12H for 2P T13 LFR / 2P T12H is a DPS gain.

Even if you're not Heroic pieces, it's still going to be a big DPS increase just because of Ilvl and the ability to generate extra Holy Power.

That 2pc T13 is a retardedly crazy bonus. It is nothing but pure win, when you are generating an extra holy power every 8 seconds. IIRC, Judgement bumped ahead of Exorcism with this bonus (and the new scaling Truth got), so using it on cooldown is almost mandatory now.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I replaced my 4pc 391 T12 with 2 pieces of 384 LFR T13 (and then 4pc 384 LFR). Both steps were noticable increases in dps. The stat loss is minimal - T13 often has extra sockets and better itemization - and the bonuses are amazing.

People are entitled to disagree, but only because they're entitled to be wrong. 2pc/2pc is undeniably an upgrade over 4pcT12.

10+ Year Old Account
    The extra holy power completely outweighs any bonus stats and the bonus of 4pc H t12

Does anyone have some links to the theorycrafting behind this? I was just trying to figure out the data behind this last night.

10+ Year Old Account
    There shouldn't really be a need for all the math that went into it. No one has actually legitimately disputed it simply because that extra holy power gives you so much more holy power, and thus so many more TVs. There is absolutely no doubt about which is better.

I don't understand why people don't check their old gear in SimCraft then just put on the new gear with some reforging and simulate again. I ALWAYS do this on all my characters whenever I'm in doubt or have gotten a significant upgrade. You will learn more about the mechanics of your class and spec and its gear options. If you really want to know why would you ask people for the information you can get by yourself and with that be sure it's correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Directly quoting this from the elitistjerks post, made before 4.3 was even released:

Rough analysis on 4pT12 vs 2pT13:

15s extra seconds of Zealotry means at best 15 extra HP every 2 min, which averages to 1HP every 8 seconds, provided you have a 3-second CS, which isn't true most of the time, and that you have very low latency. A more realistic approach would be 12 extra HP every 2 min, averaging to 1 HP every 10 seconds.

Considering Judgement has a 8-second CD and that you should be using that as often as possible, I think it's pretty safe to say that 384 + 397 T13 will be superior to 2x391 T12 breaking 4pT12. Even if you consider that Judgement will sometimes be pushed for higher priority spells, it should stay below 1 Judgement every 10 seconds. This doesn't take secondary stats or socket bonuses into account, so replacing items with different itemizations could be a further DPS gain or even a DPS loss. Fight length also plays a role here.
    Basically:

4pc T12 = ~1HP per 10 seconds (realistic amount of HP gained rate)
    2pc/2pc = ~1HP per 8 seconds (using Judgement as often as possible)

That's pretty much the theorycrafting behind the reasoning of 2pc/2pc > 4pc T12.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantoms View Post
    Directly quoting this from the elitistjerks post, made before 4.3 was even released:

Basically:

4pc T12 = ~1HP per 10 seconds (realistic amount of HP gained rate)
    2pc/2pc = ~1HP per 8 seconds (using Judgement as often as possible)

That's pretty much the theorycrafting behind the reasoning of 2pc/2pc > 4pc T12.
    It isn't realistic to say that you'll get 1HP every 8 seconds because of the GCD, and fight mechanics and stuff. The bonuses are very close in what they do overall. However, something else to note is during that 15 seconds of extra Zealotry, you aren't gaining exactly what it says because of Divine Purpose procs. And you'll probably use Judgement more around every 9-10 seconds.

The bonus smooths out the rotation a shit ton. And it lets us generate HP during stuff like Morchocks Black Blood.

Quick question, I'm using 2pc tier13 397 with 2pc tier12 378. Is it worth to replace my legs which are 378 tier12 w/ 384 tier13 legs (to get 3pc tier13)?
    In other words, is it worth to break 2pc tier12 378 for (1) 384 upgrade?
    Last edited by Zathan666; 2012-02-07 at 02:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathan666 View Post
    Quick question, I'm using 2pc tier13 397 with 2pc tier12 378. Is it worth to replace my legs which are 378 tier12 w/ 384 tier13 legs (to get 3pc tier13)?
    In other words, is it worth to break 2pc tier12 378 for (1) 384 upgrade?
    no

stupid character minimum