Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutorial View Post
    Anything over 72 is ridiculous and not needed.
    People use to say the same thing about anything over 24. Just saying...

Your contempt is noted.

I love it on Ultraxion when he does his cast and the rest of the raid gets the heck out of dodge, and suddenly my frame rate skyrockets and I'm like... my god is THIS what I'm missing out on? :O

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. Anything over 120 is not needed, as there is (currently) no monitors that allow over 120hz.... Is there? /boggle.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    I disagree. Anything over 120 is not needed, as there is (currently) no monitors that allow over 120hz.... Is there? /boggle.
    None that I know of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    It's funny. People tend to epeen their FPS much like the frats around here epeen top speeds on their cars. Yet I never see any of them going over the speed limit on the roads. Sure, you can race a car just like you can benchmark a PC, but what's the point if it's not practical?
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Tehfred View Post
    Intel Pentium D 3.4GHz
    3GB DDR2 RAM
    ATI Radeon Sapphire 5770

Runs just fine with textures at high, draw distance at medium, and shadows turned off. I get an average of 20-30 FPS.
    20-30 fps god damn how do you play ......srly I am all maxed at 60 fps and in really hevay crowded area i drop at 35-40fps and it makes me cry.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    20-30 fps god damn how do you play ......srly I am all maxed at 60 fps and in really hevay crowded area i drop at 35-40fps and it makes me cry.....
    The same way I drive my grandmother's old car: I deal with it because I'm not currently blessed enough to afford better.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    20 fps is barely playable if you've ever experienced 60, or heck even 60-100. And yes, it is a noticeable difference between 60 and 100.
    There absolutely is not. There is very very little observable difference between 30 and 60 and most of that may be imaginary because you want to see it. At least 98% of the time, there is no difference.

---------- Post added 2011-12-29 at 10:09 AM ----------

You can go lower than that. If you can maintain a minimum of 20 in the most crowded areas or raids, you're fine.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    There absolutely is not. There is very very little observable difference between 30 and 60 and most of that may be imaginary because you want to see it. At least 98% of the time, there is no difference.
    There most certainly is a noticable difference. Spinning quickly while @ 30 fps will result in a bit of choppiness that is less noticable (or not at all) at higher rates. Also, you want to be able to average high numbers most of the time because intense parts will drop you to lower levels. I peg 60fps constantly in WoW, yet the start of 25 mans, and some other odd sections of the game will bring my fps way down. It's these parts of any video game that count when having this sort of discussion, IMO.

Really sry for bringing this discussion back. But would using DCU or champions online as a comparison be relivant? Im almost ready to get the game and found that they have the similer specs. I dont wanna get into too much gameplay amount detail. (Thats my problem) But would they be an accurate comparison. I was also able to play ME2 if that helps?
    thats all the questions i have left.
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2012-01-09 at 07:38 AM.

Your FPS is limited by your screen. Most go at 60, some go up to 120. If you have a 60hz screen, the only reason 80 or 100 FPS is better is because when you get a spike, you drop to 60-80 FPS and therefore take no hit on your performance. If you have 60 normally, your screen is performing just as fast as the guy next door with 200 FPS but capped at 60, with the exception that when you drop to 40 during a spike, he drops to 150.

Only time I really get sad about FPS is then it's below 20 for extended periods of time, I try to aim for at least a consistent 30.

This is knowing that I don't have the hardware nor the money to get the elitist numbers people like to flex their epeen about.

Thanks for any of the help ive received. Ill take all of it into consideration for my next pc and other games. Im picking the game up on Friday and i feel pretty confident. Especially after getting DCU to work on my crummy laptop. And I found the questing to be quite enjoyable. for me Maybe its just that im so used to playing on lower fps that I just cant understand PC spec discussions. Especially when I find 10-20 fps comfortable. anyway ive done alot of research and testing so i think every thing will work out!
    (And I hope to see some of you in Swtor)

2GB ram is not enough.
    PC rewriting textures when you discover new places.
    When i added +2GB. Smooth like baby skin.
    Play on laptop with mobile radeon not a speed demon. Works fine.