10+ Year Old Account

Opinions on an OC

I'm using a XFX HD 6850 BE right now, factory clock is at 820/1100. My case has decent cooling, but with the stock cooler on the card what are safe numbers that I can OC this card to? At least until I can get the money to upgrade to a xfire system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, technically as long as you don't raise voltages you won't damage the card, just do a quick google search and see what you can find.

I'd basically edge them up slowly with something like OCCT running and checking for artifacts.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Basing this purely off of a rough memory but the temperature cut off point for that video card should be right around 100c. Now obviously the lower the constant temperature the better.

As for what you can set your clocks/voltage too that is entirely dependent on each card. You just have to scale it up bit by bit. Here is a decent video card overclocking guide for beginners. Guide utilizes an HD6790 but the steps are the same for any card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    Well, technically as long as you don't raise voltages you won't damage the card, just do a quick google search and see what you can find.

I'd basically edge them up slowly with something like OCCT running and checking for artifacts.
    Ya, that's what I've been doing. I just was askin here to see if I could get the answers I needed quicker.

Looks like i can go up to about 950/1200 w/o raising voltages. Thanks for the replies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy