SSD question: 64gb vs ~128bg

I am planning to pick up a Crucial m4 SSD for my new (and first) computer build. One decision I am trying to make is the size of the SSD I am planning to put it. I will be using it as a boot drive for Windows and WoW, but likely not too much else. Is there a noticeable performance benefit in getting the larger size SSD?

Alternately, if you have a SSD yourself, what do you use it for? What do you put on it?

Thanks!

Deleted
    Tomshardware tested it - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ison,2957.html The M4's read speeds are identical, you get higher write speeds on the larger version. If you need them or not is another issue (in order to write at x MB/s, you need something else to read at that speed or higher...)

SSD's do like to have a bit more room for garbage collection / wear leveling / etc. (I have about 10 - 15% undercommitment on my Samsung PM830 256 GB). When space gets tight, you might face a performance loss, so in that sense, bigger would be better unless you plan on not putting much on it. Also, don't forget, manufacturures calculate space on disks with base 10 and not base 2 (1 MB = 1,000,000 bytes and not 1,048,576) meaning you get less in Windows than they offer. In addition NTFS's master file table also takes up some space. Basically you're not going to get 64 GB usable space on a 64 GB SSD (rough guess would be 55 - 58 GB)

As for what you install on it, ideally you want to put everything that should be quick on it... The things you use most should have prio - Windows, games or applications you use frequently, etc. You won't notice a difference playing .mp3s on it or viewing image files, so you can keep those on your mechanical disk.

Also, you're building a new computer to last a while (guessing 2-3 years), games and applications aren't going to get smaller, and your usage might change over the years, etc. Getting the smaller drive might mean you need to modify your configuration sooner than planned and therefore might incur hidden costs.

To sum things up, I would get the bigger drive to allow a bit of headroom, and put Windows and all programs on it as drive c: while leaving multimedia on your mechanical drive as drive d:
    Last edited by mmocaa32d79adc; 2011-12-29 at 08:36 AM.

Deleted
    Don't buy 64GB unless you REALLY can't afford the 128GB. Trust me I speak from experience, you will regret it. 64GB is fine for WoW and Windows, will fit fine but you'll start running out of space when you add more games, programs etc. Save the extra cash if you can and get a 128GB.

I've heard from friends that 64 GB is just enough for Windows 7 and WoW. With MoP, we'll probably get an additional 5 to 10 GB so 64 GB seems extremely risky. I personnally ordered a 128 GB which will give me all the room I need for Windows 7, SWTOR, WoW, HoN and D3 hopefully. Worst case I'll send the MMOs I don't play to my HHD when D3 comes out.