Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Seems like 75% of the quests in this game boil down to ...

Go somewhere, and click on a computer terminal for something. Yeah, there are tons of different reasons why you are clicking on computer terminals, but geez, I wish these quests were a little more varied

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Go somewhere, and click on a computer terminal for something. Yeah, there are tons of different reasons why you are clicking on computer terminals, but geez, I wish these quests were a little more varied
    mmmmk, I especially like your suggestions.

I disagree, 75% of the quests are 'kill this many somethings'. If you think they are all click on a computer you either mean you clicking your mouse in RL or are playing a completely different game to the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by lenthe View Post
    mmmmk, I especially like your suggestions.
    Ok, hows this ... when you finally do reach that computer terminal, have us do something besides just right click?
    Maybe some kind of puzzle or something that represents what we're actually doing instead of just right clicking?

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    I disagree, 75% of the quests are 'kill this many somethings'. If you think they are all click on a computer you either mean you clicking your mouse in RL or are playing a completely different game to the rest of us.

Most of them are bonus quests though, so you don't have to do them.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The idea of doing a "Bonus Puzzle" would work if this were a regular RPG, but its not. Its an MMO. Sections that separate you from the game don't really fit that well. And I think the quests can be very, very interesting. Focus on the actual story...

So I guess the OP complains about these type of quests... well in every other game...

go play puzzle games, this aint the game you are looking for.

idiot, go troll on something else.

Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

Mod Edit: Yeah, no need to flame.
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-12-29 at 02:50 AM.

Ok, hows this ... when you finally do reach that computer terminal, have us do something besides just right click?
    Maybe some kind of puzzle or something that represents what we're actually doing instead of just right clicking?
    Because what you are actually doing is hitting a few buttons to bring up the TOR equivilent of Skype?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanni View Post
    Most of them are bonus quests though, so you don't have to do them.
    This is true! But I still -feel- like I have to do them ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Tekko View Post
    So I guess the OP complains about these type of quests... well in every other game...
    Well really, they are just fetch quests, the only difference is once you find the item, you don't pick it up, you destroy/download/whatever it.

At least with other games, the thing you are fetching is different. Instead of always find the terminal/download data/destroy computer ... It's like anytime I pass any kind of computer or terminal, if it isn't flashing blue for me yet, I know that probably just means I haven't got the quest for me to click on it yet.

Go to Balmorra, heroic area Traken-4. There you got just what you asked for.

However I agree with quests being extremely repetitive in this game, though this is commonplace and norm for almost any MMO. The dialogue in between is just an evermore fading shroud that tries to hide this fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    Go to Balmorra, heroic area Traken-4. There you got just what you asked for.

However I agree with quests being extremely repetitive in this game, though this is commonplace and norm for almost any MMO. The dialogue in between is just an evermore fading shroud that tries to hide this fact.
    Or maybe it's just voiced dialogue between repetitive quests. I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I don't really feel quests are repetitive. Maybe the objective, yeah, but not the dialogue. What is repetitive are your character's answers to bonus quest dialogue.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

This sounds like something you should post on the swtor feedback forums...

For a story driven MMO they SHOULD have tried new things in how quests are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidequests View Post
    For a story driven MMO they SHOULD have tried new things in how quests are done.
    But they did. What's different is the voice overs, the morality choices (which plays a big part) and the fact that your class story expands the whole leveling game. You can't change the fact that the core of objectives cannot be changed. There will always be "talk to X at point B", "deliver C item to D person", "explore A area". No matter how much you polish it, that's the core. Even in real life, that's all you do.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    The dialogue is pretty damn repetitive as well.

"Master Jedi, thank goodness you're here! As you well know, because 10 guys before me explained it to you, the Imperials are here and they did something bad and now you have to kill/collect/save my men/activate/deactivate after my exact specifications even though you only need to check your map for markers."

And after 25 levels I pretty much just stopped caring anymore and skipped over most of the dialogue that wasn't for my main quest. The dialogue's very well done, but they aren't making the quests feel less like a chore any more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    The dialogue is pretty damn repetitive as well.

"Master Jedi, thank goodness you're here! As you well know, because 10 guys before me explained it to you, the Imperials are here and they did something bad and now you have to kill/collect/save my men/activate/deactivate after my exact specifications even though you only need to check your map for markers."

And after 25 levels I pretty much just stopped caring anymore and skipped over most of the dialogue that wasn't for my main quest. The dialogue's very well done, but they aren't making the quests feel less like a chore any more.
    I love this game, don't get me wrong.

But there comes a point where hearing my Republic Trooper saying "Where do I come in?" for the seven thousandth time, that I just stop caring about what buttons I push when talking to people.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    But they did. What's different is the voice overs, the morality choices (which plays a big part)
    But there is really only 1 morality choice. You either go light or dark.
    The game expects you to commit, one way or the other. Otherwise they wouldn't have objects that require light 5 or dark 5.

Most of the time it's a false choice. "If I do this, my companion will stop liking me and fail more at missions. So I guess I'll take the other option "
    "If I pick this option, then I'll lose light points and won't be able to equip that new item, so I guess I'll take the other option "

But really, most choices boil down to:
    1) kill prisoner (dark points)
    2) set prisoner free (light points)

and most people have already made the decision if they want to be light or dark at the beginning of the game, so it's like they are asking you the same thing OVER and OVER and OVER

Deleted
    Quests in SWTOR are just like any other MMO: Go there, Kill X and gather those things. Still it made me want to keep questing, because I was interested in the story and I didn't need to read a wall of text every time a new quest popped up.

Also, sometimes you have interesting choices. That's what makes it the first MMO that made questing interesting for me.

And in the end...what do you do in single players games? Most of the times it's the same thing: Get here, kill the bad guys, steal the plans...

What makes these games feel less grindy is the fact that you're following a story...and SWTOR has that...x8
    Last edited by mmocf7632e0726; 2011-12-29 at 03:42 AM.

But there is really only 1 morality choice. You either go light or dark.
    The game expects you to commit, one way or the other. Otherwise they wouldn't have objects that require light 5 or dark 5.

Most of the time it's a false choice. "If I do this, my companion will stop liking me and fail more at missions. So I guess I'll take the other option "
    "If I pick this option, then I'll lose light points and won't be able to equip that new item, so I guess I'll take the other option "

But really, most choices boil down to:
    1) kill prisoner (dark points)
    2) set prisoner free (light points)

and most people have already made the decision if they want to be light or dark at the beginning of the game, so it's like they are asking you the same thing OVER and OVER and OVER
    That's your fault for thinking that way. I'm playing my character according to my personality. I've ended up being somewhat light, but not entirely. My choices are dependent on what I feel is right. Sometimes I won't tell Garza or the Ambassador that the Hutt is actually a crime lord, for the good of the Republic. Sometimes I choose to let the prisoners go, sometimes I don't. If you go into the game with a closed mind and just choose all the light side options, that's no one's fault other than your own.

And if you really don't want to lose affection with your companion and you know you're going to do something it won't like, just dismiss it. I honestly don't care though if Aric Jorgan or Elara disproves of my actions, I don't know why so many people do. Overall they generally like me, a few bad points won't kill that.