Poll: Do you think we should have a LFG system?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gybano View Post
    Who seriously gives a flipping turd about that? Oh no, I'm accountable for my actions in a videogame from other nameless losers who think they're right in some pitiful way. I only care about how fast I can get in a dungeon and get it done all at my own time and not at the dispense of others around me. I have no time to wait on people like I did in WoW back in 2005-2009 and the faster BioWare implements this system the happier I'll sooner be.

Can't wait until the cross-server PVP matches happen too, as I don't care about killing people on my own server. I just want to kill people in the game, period, and as many times as possible in a single setting.

Regardless of what you people seem to think, the queuing systems that Blizzard added into their games helped revolutionize the genre that much more, so don't expect other studios to just ignore it.
    Well this is one nameless looser who is sick and tired of rude and angry little people running around and demanding imediate satisfaction. Server communities keep the game more civil and enjoyable, if not for you, then for most other people.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

10+ Year Old Account
    BioWare understands this and recently addressed the idea of a "LFG system" in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

"Improving our LFG system is high on the list of features that Systems Design wants to add to the game," said BioWare's Damion Schubert. "We want this to be good not just for helping people find Flashpoints and Operations to run, but also other multiplayer content like heroic missions."

Schubert explained, " A key emphasis will be on advertising for specific role needs (healer, tank, DPS). This feature is currently in the design stage, and once this feature has moved beyond this to a development stage and has a firm ETA, I'll be coming back to you guys to give more details."

source......http://www.gamezone.com/news/swtor-l...e-says-bioware

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    which is why my awful awful formerly high pop server (Arthas-US) became relatively barren of pugs during cataclysm right? Good bye gdkp runs, Good bye consistent weekend runs. Your subjective experience is exactly that entirely subjective.
    I just created a level 1 Orc and ran him to Org. Between 1:30am and 1:45am server time, I saw these pugs being formed:

LF ranged dps for FL achieve PuG
    BH LF tank - already have DK
    BH25 LF dps
    CoC LF tank
    Twilight heroics wtb tank
    Druid tank LF specific dps for twilight heroics, wanted to vet DPS in tells
    Mage started up new BH25 raid
    LF 1 dps fresh Firelands
    BH class run LF disc/holy priest
    BH10 LF tank and healer (preferably warrior and priest)
    Fresh FL LF 2 heals, 1 dps(posted by diff person, so I think it was a different PuG than the FL that was looking for 1 dps)

I can check back on Tuesday to see how many DS pugs are forming then. Arthas-US seems to be quite an active server for PuGs. I'm surprised people are still running Firelands PuGs since LFR is better loot quicker.
    Last edited by SamR; 2012-01-14 at 06:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    I just created a level 1 Orc and ran him to Org. Between 1:30am and 1:45am server time, I saw these pugs being formed:

LF ranged dps for FL achieve PuG
    BH LF tank - already have DK
    BH25 LF dps
    CoC LF tank
    Twilight heroics wtb tank
    Druid tank LF specific dps for twilight heroics, wanted to vet DPS in tells
    Mage started up new BH25 raid
    LF 1 dps fresh Firelands
    BH class run LF disc/holy priest
    BH10 LF tank and healer (preferably warrior and priest)
    Fresh FL LF 2 heals, 1 dps(posted by diff person, so I think it was a different PuG than the FL that was looking for 1 dps)

I can check back on Tuesday to see how many DS pugs are forming then. Arthas-US seems to be quite an active server for PuGs. I'm surprised people are still running Firelands PuGs since LFR is better loot quicker.
    First of all somehow at 1:35 am on a friday night I doubt you actually did that and saw those groups going down. You can make up shit all you like and argue and debate all you like, Pugging raids today is a far cry from what it was in WOTLK.

Second of all even if what you say is true. Half of those groups pugging BH is a joke. Where is current content being pugged? Pro Tip: It's not.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-01-14 at 07:30 AM.

Somehow at 1:35 am on a friday night I doubt you actually did that and saw those groups going down. You can make up shit all you like and argue and debate all you like, Pugging raids today is a far cry from what it was in WOTLK.
    Yeah, I was surprised that there was that much activity at 1:30am server time. The server was still showing up as heavy, though. Want me to screenshot everything next time? It's not hard for anyone who still has a WoW account to run a level 1 to Org on Arthas-US to verify what I'm saying.

I specifically did this on your server which you claimed to be dead for PuGs because I knew if I listed what I saw on any other server you would dismiss it as more anecdotal evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I was surprised that there was that much activity at 1:30am server time. The server was still showing up as heavy, though. Want me to screenshot everything next time? It's not hard for anyone who still has a WoW account to run a level 1 to Org on Arthas-US to verify what I'm saying.

I specifically did this on your server which you claimed to be dead for PuGs because I knew if I listed what I saw on any other server you would dismiss it as more anecdotal evidence.
    I could frankly care less. The pug content does not happen like it did in WOTLK and single raid lockouts are partly to blame. Didn't see a single DS run in your little list their and DS is faceroll.

Didn't see a single DS run in your little list their and DS is faceroll.
    You realize today is Friday and not Tuesday, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    You realize today is Friday and not Tuesday, right?
    Yea that didn't matter through most of WOTLK. Friday Sat and Sunday I could get a group together cause ya know... people had two lock outs. Congratulations you've just inadvertently proven my point.

YES: A sub-window in the group section of the ui, which is a LFG tool in that it lists all the people who are currently LFG (in a specified level range, flashpoint/ops range etc.) , ability to invite/whisper directly via button.

NO: WoW's piece of shit teleportation system, which emptied the whole god damn world. (Doing this to TOR would be a fucking disgrace, it completely doesnt fit in there at all).

Yea that didn't matter through most of WOTLK. Friday Sat and Sunday I could get a group together cause ya know... people had two lock outs. Congratulations you've just inadvertently proven my point.
    I thought your point was that PuG raids on Arthas were killed? Seems even with their DS lockout, plenty of people are still PuGing other stuff and at 1:30am, no less!

Oh, and don't Hard and Nightmare share a lockout?