Build a new PC or upgrade?

Hello I am currentlly running a Dell Deminsion E521 upgraded to 3gb DDR2 AMD 5800+ dual core cpu rocketfish 800w psu and ATI HD4850 gpu. I am playing Old Republic and think I need to do something to improve my gameplay. The only thing I think I could change with current setup is add 1gb ram and swap graphics cards. It this going to improve my performamce or should I look into a new build? Also could I re use any of my parts like graphics card, power supply, hard drive or anything like that to save money on the build?

10+ Year Old Account
    You need a new Rig , considering the current prizes you should either do it now with top end stuff or wait for around february when the new ati stuff is said to be coming out !

Do you think anything from my old pc is re useable like my power supply or hard drive?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ew, not really. That PSU is a ticking time bomb. Never heard of that brand before, and you never want a fishy PSU in your system, seasonic, corsair, antec make the best PSU's. You could reuse your old 4850 I suppose, but you won't get DX11, and it would still be pretty slow. 4850 = 5750ish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

10+ Year Old Account
    build a new one is always best to avoid other problems that might arise from your old pc

Rocketfish is best buys brand for computer parts. Got it awhile back for a really good deal cause my friend worked there.

Think it is something like this one here. http://www.rocketfishproducts.com/pr...RF-900WPS.html

I want something pretty nice in the end but I would like to stay around $600ish cause thats what I had planned to spend on a laptop. Only reason I even want a laptop is I am going to need dialysis sometime in the future and would like something to play games on for the 3 to 4 hours I will have to spend there. But I could prob wait a month or two and get the lappy after I get my desktop taken care of. Know my graphics card is lacking and my old system in general is. Any tips or good ideas on what to start with to end up with a decent mid range gaming pc for a fair price. I will most likely be playing alot of Old Republic on it so maybe keep that in mind.