Help with a few adjustments to gaming build

I got the original build from Fuzzykins, and while I like his quite a bit, I made a few modifications. Here is the list.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor $179.99
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $29.44
    Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard $122.86
    Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $46.76
    Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $104.99
    Hard Drive: Crucial M4 64GB 2.5" Solid State Disk $105.00
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB Video Card $267.86
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi Tower ATX Mid Tower Case $109.98
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply $75.98
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer $24.98
    Monitor: Asus PA238Q 23.0" Monitor $263.02
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) $99.99
    Keyboard: Logitech G110 Wired Standard Keyboard $69.99
    Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Wired Optical Mouse $52.94
    Total: $1553.79

I don't really want to go too much higher in terms of price, but I do have a few questions. To start, I don't intend to over clock, nor do I intend to add another video card. With that in mind. I feel like the current Power Supply of 620 is a little too high, and I could bring that down to get a better deal for what I am going to use. What would be a good Power Supply to replace the one in the build above, or, is that one good and I am just missing something?

Next question is about the keyboard. I selected just because it seemed pretty decent at the time, but looking back, I don't know if it what I want. I'm looking for a quiet and easy to press keyboard, and hopefully not too expensive. Any ideas?

Next, I only intend to use the SSD for the OS and if possible a few games. Will that SSD be functional for that?

At excellent fps, how high could I go graphics wise in:WoW, TOR, Skyrim, and BF3?

Last question, from reading reviews of that monitor there appears to be several complaints of bleeding in the monitor. If this is true, is there a better monitor someone could recommend? 1920x1080 resolution if it helps.

Thank you very much, and if there are any other parts that just jump off at you as being terrible or something-or-other, just say it, because I really am looking to get as much feedback on this as possible. If I've left any info out or anything like that just let me know.
    Last edited by Khaaaaaaaan; 2011-12-29 at 10:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Deep Yawn*
    Ohai. So if you're not going to overclock, a 2500k, Z68, and 212 EVO CPU cooler are pretty much going to waste. It's really not that hard, but to each their own. If that's the case, drop down to an H61 motherboard, get a 2500 (No k) and stick with the stock heatsink. The FD Arc Midi will have plenty of airflow to keep from overheating. Drop the power supply down to a 500W+, maybe from corsair or something.

The SSD will hold your OS and a few games, but nothing big like SWTOR or WoW.

The monitor was recommended to me by tetrisGOAT, so you'd have to PM her about that one.

Keyboard wise, I absolutely hate Logitech's keyboards in terms of price range.
    If you want a good membrane keyboard, go for the Microsoft Sidewinder X4, or consider upping your budget a bit and going for a nice mechanical keyboard. I've heard Rosewill, NewEgg's in house brand, aren't bad.

Good choice on the mouse, just make sure you get the optical version and not the laser version. It's probably the only decent product Razer makes.

How easy is it to over clock? Its just I'd never done it before and heard that there was risk to parts and stuff like that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Pff, hardly anymore. Intel dumbed it down pretty hard, so if you follow some pretty standard rules, you'll be fine.

Deleted
    First off:
    PSU: Under heavy overclock and in Furemark (stress test) 6850 had a peak of 250ish W consumption. CPU if not overclocked is 100ish, with some decet 4-4.5ghz OC you get to around 150ish W, And all the other components can squeeze in 100ish w. All these numbers are maximum power consumption which will happen at peaks. Meaning in reality while gaming you will sit around 70-90% of that while your playin games. In your place I'd leave psu you currently have just because you cant save more that 10-20$ getting a lower wattage one.

Keyboard: Skipping that as I dont care about the,

SSD: Try getting bigger one if you want OS+Games on it. Check the size of tor and wow, and your current windows folders my win partition with programmes takes around 40ish gb, add 20 tor and 20 wow...

Monitors: Technology has gun up quite a bit. I'm sitting on "crap TN" lg w2246 while my brother has at HP ZR2740w (sick pervert). When watching movies, playing games there is little to no difference we as layman can detect, except for the size ofc. Going away from IPS panel will take some viewing angle but in reality its not that noticeable. In your place i'd take few bucks from monitor and invest in bigger ssd. For the backlight bleeding, even on monitors that lets say "dont have it" you will have people sayin' it bothers them.

Ok, so if I do overclock will that PSU be good? It saves around 100$

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely.

Final Build

If I get the OK on all of this I'll buy all this tomorrow. Tell me what you think. I intend to play Skyrim, and TOR mostly at high-ish graphics.

Part list permalink: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3m0X
    Part price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3m0X/by_merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.44 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($122.86 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg)
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($119.95 @ Mac Connection)
    Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($169.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB Video Card ($267.86 @ Newegg)
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi Tower ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($75.98 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($24.98 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus PA238Q 23.0" Monitor ($262.23 @ Amazon)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Keyboard: Rosewill RK-9000BR Wired Slim Keyboard ($109.99 @ Amazon)
    Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Wired Optical Mouse ($52.94 @ Wolf Camera)
    Total: $1671.17

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks brilliant. I have no problems with it. Enjoy. ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Merging this thread into your other thread.