10+ Year Old Account

Colicoid War Games

So I tried CWG for the first time tonight, and decided to share my experience.

The first two sections are basically WTFturret minigame, in which you pewpew automatically and only have to rotate to select who all you want to pew. It was interesting, to say the least... One person in our group said they tried it 6-7 times before and failed every time, but we managed to 1shot both segments literally with 0 time to spare (I managed to survive until the last possible second both times), which brings up an interesting idea. Does it not register that you've killed enough Colicoids or whatever the threshold is until everyone dies? The mission says 'survive' but the numbers were massive even right in the end when we supposedly achieved victory.

Also, if you don't sabotage the team of the opposite faction with the computers near the end, do you fight them instead of the lame-ass droid with a 'whopping' 60k HP? (seriously, some non-boss mobs in there had more health)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment View Post
    Hakto: English is an evolving language. When I say "I am gay", some people choose to interpet that as "he defines himself as gay, gay, and nothing but the gay, so help him Robot Unicorn Attack".

I did my first run tonight too.

- A light side won the roll and did not sabotage the other team, but it didn't seem to make a difference. We went down, killed 2 elite mobs, and then some joke of a last boss droid.

- Our group had tremendous problems with the 1st turret game (6-7 wipes?) Then I suggested that we go 3 cannons and have our healer sit out and just heal us through it. That seemed to work ok, though it was still rough at the end.
    - The second turret game seemed way easier, and we 1 shot it with everyone at 90% health (with all 4 people on cannons the whole time)

So... iono why the first cannon game was ridiculously hard.

Edit: Our last boss was a droid, but I'm pretty sure he had more than 60k hp, so maybe that's what the sabotage does. He was still ridiculously easy though.
    Last edited by Windry; 2011-12-29 at 11:34 AM.

Deleted
    Turret-fights were no problem with a tactic involving shooting to the OPPOSITE side from which the turret originally points to give you more time, and with healer jumping off if necessary after some waves.

Deleted
    I liked the FP a lot. The first part was just there to mix things up....the second part....oh wow. I was a bit torn apart by the second part. I thought:"Wow, brilliant design" and "Fuck you Bioware" at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by K0ng View Post
    I was a bit torn apart by the second part. I thought:"Wow, brilliant design" and "Fuck you Bioware" at the same time.
    Agree with this comment 100%. Basically running this without people on vent is an exercise in patience. While I love the design the real issue I had was the pat CONSTANTLY respawning. Every time we'd make progress the pat would respawn and we'd either lose our place or have to start over again. Just added a bit of tedium to what is actually a pretty well designed instance. Honestly with vent and even a moderate amount of intelligence I could see moving through the whole second part very quickly. God help anyone who has to pug this place...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by callmeswarly View Post
    Agree with this comment 100%. Basically running this without people on vent is an exercise in patience. While I love the design the real issue I had was the pat CONSTANTLY respawning. Every time we'd make progress the pat would respawn and we'd either lose our place or have to start over again. Just added a bit of tedium to what is actually a pretty well designed instance. Honestly with vent and even a moderate amount of intelligence I could see moving through the whole second part very quickly. God help anyone who has to pug this place...
    Yep. I did that with a pug. No one knew what was coming. The worst part honestly, was the knocback from the Droids. As PT Tank i just rocket jumped back...but oh our healer fell off a bit too often.