Preparing for raids.

I love World of Warcraft, and its many Raids and Dungeons. But whenever i attempt to join a raid group, they say i can't join because A. I don't have the correct gear for my class (which is Rogue or Death Knight) or B. I have no experience in the Raid. Now i know what you're going to say, "Start your own Raid LFG without so many restrictions". Well, that doesn't work either. If you start a LFG for a Raid, they assume that you know exactly what to do at the right moment! Plus people won't join if you say "LFG *Raid name here* need help on raid *any other info needed*" You'll get people, but very slowly. Could someone help me with this?

15+ Year Old Account
    www.elitistjerks.com

Read the forum, get a general idea on how to min/max your class for a raid.

Get as much 5 man gear as you can.

Profit in LFR.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Try to find a guild that is willingly to help you. It's far easier and less frustrating than having to deal with PuG's. They also tend to be less forgiving. It's important that you state from start that you are new to the raid scene.

Gear should be no problem. If you do the new heroics and LFR you'll be geared in two weeks for it. Make sure you know the basics of your class (elitistjerks) and boss tactics.

There is this thing called LFR. It will give you experience and gear. And you can just sign up for it, no need to fulfill all those weird ideas people have when they form random raid groups.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    There is this thing called LFR. It will give you experience and gear. And you can just sign up for it, no need to fulfill all those weird ideas people have when they form random raid groups.
    Yeah all those weird ideas. Like asking someone to gem and enchant their gear. Wear agility gear if they're on a rogue or strength gear that doesn't have defensive stats if they're dpsing on a DK. Or the even more weird idea of asking for experience beforehand so that you have a greater chance to succeed when you've just grouped with people you aren't used to playing with. Crazy weird ideas.

if your serious about raiding, you should gear up as much as possible thru dungeons/LFR/firelands raid(since its puggable and nerfed you get some practice). Make sure u have all your enhants and gems, make sure its the right ones. Also try to do World of Logs, so when u apply to a guild you can have it ready. Make sure you have recount or skada, to see how much dps u do. Lots of guild and even pugs if your not pulling the DPS they will boot u or replace u. Make sure your rotation is proper n such.