Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aeser View Post
    i find in bg's as well as arenas healers make more of a difference to the outcome of the game generally than dps do. warrior main here too.
    Yea, pretty much this is how it is. But it's pain in the ass to que as healer, alone. That's why I usually go as retri instead of holy. Healing in random BG is only fun when you que with a competent DPS friend.

Considering when you win you get more honor. Healing wins BGs so healing in BGs gets you gear faster.

SO HEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Most people I know play normal battlegrounds just to grind gear. I feel I am an exception that I queue with my warrior even though I don't need the honor just to have fun.
    For me it is amusing to dominate bots, afkers, fresh 85s, alts and top the damage meters.

My question is, can the same apply to a healer? Can healers find fun in a BG other than grinding the necessary gear? If yes describe what exactly is fun for you.
    ye, it's hilarious.

if people don't have the burst to kill you instantly, then they won't kill you at all. i can taste the frustration oozing through my monitor... it's delicious.

Yeah, I regularly play them as fully geared Disc Priest.
    It's fun because I often get to be in top 3 healing as well as top 5 kills. Plus, as a healer it feels like you make the most difference in a fight.
    And being able to burst and finish off enemies on top of that, and have abilities like Mind Control, Mass Dispel, Mana Burn and Life Grip (especially offensively) is always amazing.

Random bgs aren't made for enjoyment. They are made for poor soles who don't have a lot of friends to tediously grind honor gear at the beginning of new seasons enduring countless bads, bots, and morons with each increasingly frustrating que.

I hate healing in PvE, but I absolutely love it in PvP. Good healers can provide so much support to the team.

I'm leveling up a hpal just because I'm sick and tired of losing. I almost always have 0-1 healers while the other team has 2-4. Its annoying.

I found healing random battlegrounds fun up to a point. I liked that I could make such an enormous difference to any game's outcome. This expansion seemed to make it really tedious, though. When every team is full of derps that wouldn't attempt to peel or CC to save their lives, you often end up zerged whenever you pop up and can't do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Naix View Post
    Considering when you win you get more honor. Healing wins BGs so healing in BGs gets you gear faster.

SO HEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah people like you are the reason I prefer to dps.

"HEAL ME, HEAL ME!!!! FFS!"" runs into 10 horde, promptly dies - no resiliance to speak of.

"WTF WHY DIDN@T YOU HEAL ME!!1!"

Or even if you team is doing well and you can heal, people just expect you to run after them and heal, even when your tanking like 3 of the opposing team, trying desperatly to survive.

If DPS will peal, i'll heal otherwise I'm logging my warrior.

---------- Post added 2011-12-29 at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Naix View Post

SO HEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

"HEAL ME, HEAL ME!!!! FFS!"" runs into 10 horde, promptly dies - no resiliance to speak of.

Or even if you team is doing well and you can heal, people just expect you to run after them and heal, even when your tanking like 3 of the opposing team, trying desperatly to survive.

I do and find it enjoyable. I certainly share the frustrations others have listed. Still it's a great way to help your team and help make a difference in the BG. Besides, it's awesome fun watching my teammates take down pursuers one by one as they try to catch up with puppy form.

It can get old though, especially if no one is helping you in return. If no one will try to peel or CC, ugh, then I spend more time in the graveyard and my healing numbers are quite low. Sometimes I miss the feeling of freedom I get with my warlock. Being a healer means I can't really go anywhere by myself (not that it's always advisable anyway, but being caught alone as a healer kind of stinks) so it's a little annoying in that regard.

Still love it though, but I've taken a shine to healing in general, so I'm probably biased.

Deleted
    No it is horrible to heal randoms
    noobs, afkers, bots, odd specs, horrid gear, clueless people
    rather do it organized, else i dps

I fookin love healing in BGs, I tend to run into the biggest group i can find and keep myself alive. Very rarely do i come across people who cc me properly, and when i do i feel a little proud. SO yes, i do BGs for fun when i heal

i used to have a great time healing bgs on my resto druid. id just pocket heal the top dps and for some reason i found it rewarding. flag carrying is also fun as a healer imo

It's shit compared to playing a dps spec'd char but even as a healer, playing bgs is the most enjoyable thing to do in the game for me right now

Deleted
    I love healing BGs on my priest (:

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I do, I love having 3-4 guys hackin' at me, and I still survive for some time! It's great fun to top the meters there aswell, since I'm the only one healing I mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Dear Bahumut5 and other moderators trying to make users think I'm a girl, please have a giant cup of go fuck yourself.

I much prefer healing in random battlegrounds than DPSing. You make your own fun really, whatever floats your boat. I love going on massive runs getting loads of enemies to chase me and as a healer I can usually keep going for quite some time. It's so funny the tunnel vision mentality a lot of people have. You can lead people miles away from objectives and all they care about is killing you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Combat healing is way different than PvE healing.. It's a lot harder, and I think healers like that.. As far as skill.. As long as gear, team comp, and a few other things, aren't an issue, it can define you as a competent healer or not. I mean, almost anyone can just stand in back and heal a tank taking maybe 1/15th of his HP every 2 minutes.. But it takes skill, and a lot of luck (lol), to keep 9 or 14 other people alive, while half are getting killed, and 2 people (or more lol) are beating on you, all while running. I find it challenging and I think a lot of other healers do too.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Lao_tzu View Post

---------- Post added 2011-12-29 at 08:07 PM ----------

*facepalm*

I don't mean it like that. I mean heal like a boss and have fun. If someone dies with you healing then they are not using any CCs. Get your heal on and win more BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Most people I know play normal battlegrounds just to grind gear. I feel I am an exception that I queue with my warrior even though I don't need the honor just to have fun.
    For me it is amusing to dominate bots, afkers, fresh 85s, alts and top the damage meters.

My question is, can the same apply to a healer? Can healers find fun in a BG other than grinding the necessary gear? If yes describe what exactly is fun for you.
    I love keeping people alive in situations when they should have lost. For example. Imagine you are on your warrior pwning some nubs, but i keep them alive and kill you and your teammates.