Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    How about pick a Role, and play it through?

I'm yet to Respec, as there is no need to. my friend has already hit 50 on Live leveling 10-50 as a healer, it is actually pretty much the same time taken as doing it DPS or Tank.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwuman View Post
    your lv 20 and respeced like 5 times already? stop respecing and level up a bit. 24k isnt that much when u get past 30. use ur companion to tank/dps if you wanan heal.

i allmost never respec but i think there should be a cap. but not 5k. i can sell half my invintory of trash items at like 33 and get 4k.
    I like to vary the experience as much as possible. It keeps things fresh and exciting. Again I'm not sure why we should punish people for exploring the game and going out of their way to heal and tank or to experiment and try other dps specs.

I have been leveling as a BH healer and have not really noticed any issues with slow kills. Elites are starting to get long but at level 42 I expect it to be. In fact I am leveling the fastest of everyone in my guild. Even with a lower /played then those a few levels lower then me. This is skipping random quest dialogue but listening to world/class questlines.

i dont think your are being punished, you are just paying a small fee. just dont abuse it. and it resets in a week

im speced tank and feel i level fine, i hardly ever use my healer companion, unless i try to kill a champion mob. i never felt that i had to switch specs.

i can understand you wanna mix it up a bit but try to stick to one spec for a day or 2, would probable help you out with the money problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    I on occasion take a dump in the shower so I don't have to wipe but never pee in there. That is just gross!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarFalcon1 View Post
    I have been leveling as a BH healer and have not really noticed any issues with slow kills. Elites are starting to get long but at level 42 I expect it to be. In fact I am leveling the fastest of everyone in my guild. Even with a lower /played then those a few levels lower then me. This is skipping random quest dialogue but listening to world/class questlines.
    This is how I am, I actually found leveling in Bodyguard spec to be quite enjoyable. With the Gas buff I can plow through an elite pretty quickly, I'll stick a Kolto Shield on my ally and proceed to Rapid Shot either the ally or the enemy depending on my companions health and once I activate my Gas buff I absolutely unleash on the enemy with Charged Shots, Unleash, Missiles, etc. It's almost cruel how mean that can be in my healing spec.

I think 15k would be a decent credit sink but still doable for people like me who like being dps, but see a group looking for heals for 30 mins and want to help them out. Sure I could stay heals and level, but I don't want to, I rolled dps spec. I just want to help out people that can't find healers too.

I don't pretend to know what is going on because I don't play the game but from what I hear people at level 50 have somewhere in the 100s of thousands of credits, so 24k on a respec is a drop in the bucket, so my advise to you is to stop flip flopping and just keep leveling where credits won't be problem.
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

[QUOTE=Tuqui-tuqui;14845349]Don't respec costs go back to 0 if you do not use the service for a week?
    QUOTE]

This is what I dont understand.....it resets every week.....i mean how many times are u respecing?!?

Not trolling here but does the # climb that fast?
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Seriously?

This game is just out and you lot are ragging on someone that's respeccing?

What happened to trying things out?

Perhaps the OP likes to test all things on his character, it is HIS character after all.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    Seriously?

This game is just out and you lot are ragging on someone that's respeccing?

What happened to trying things out?

Perhaps the OP likes to test all things on his character, it is HIS character after all.....

And I think that is a good thing...but dang how many times each week is this person respecing?! I am fine with it resetting each week. Hell in WoW it would take months for it to go down.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    And I think that is a good thing...but dang how many times each week is this person respecing?! I am fine with it resetting each week. Hell in WoW it would take months for it to go down.
    Its only if you dont use the respec service. So I literally have to be stuck as X Y or Z for then entire week.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xMarek View Post
    Dual Specs need to be a minimum of 2.5 Million to unlock. Right now respeccing is doing it's job as a large credit sink.

And to the people saying 10k as the cap, no, that's far too cheap. 10k is what you get from a level 45+ quest and that would just make a respec something trivial. Respecing should be a thoughtful decision, not a "Oh, well let me respec for this one quest" decision.
    IMO, Respeccing cost should be a flat price based on your level, not the number of times you respec. I really don't understand why people think "that would just make a respec something trivial. Respecing should be a thoughtful decision, not a "Oh, well let me respec for this one quest" decision."

In this day and age of MMO's and developers constantly tweaking talents every other week, respeccing should be trivial and not some great financial burden. Considering that you would have to go to your capital city to respec, it's not like you are going switch between pulls. What does it matter whether I want to heal today and dps tomorrow? If my AC can tank or heal, and on a particular day their is a shortage of tanks or healers, why should I be increasingly penalized with exponentially increasing respec costs because I want to switch my spec to fill a needed role. Yet people support dual speccing, which after paying a one time fee, you can freely flip flop between specs. The game has plenty of gold sinks already they really don't need one that increases every time you change your talents, where a level based flat fee would suffice as a gold sink.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I understand wanted to try different roles, but at such a low level you don't have half your unique abilities yet. Best to wait it our til 30ish, that's when all the classes really shine.

Pick healing, deal with it.

I am sure leveling as a healer is not as bad as wasting money on constantly respeccing, you'll also find dungeons and such easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwuman View Post
    your lv 20 and respeced like 5 times already? stop respecing and level up a bit. 24k isnt that much when u get past 30. use ur companion to tank/dps if you wanan heal.

i allmost never respec but i think there should be a cap. but not 5k. i can sell half my invintory of trash items at like 33 and get 4k.
    5 times is not much if you solo with pve dps spec, and dungeon on healer spec, you often go back and forth.

base spec is dps

1 respect to heal for a dungeon or 2 (black talon for exemple)
    2 respect back to dps clear out a planet (dromund Kaas)
    3 respect to heal (hammerstation maybe athis)
    4 respect back to dps for w/e planet your class is goign on the fifth tiem whenever you feel liek healign in a dungeon 5 time is plausible imo and achievable really fast, need a cap based on level AND/or dual spec srly

and see advance class as wow class thats it. the first 10 lvl are just a good preview of the abilities you are gonna use.
    Last edited by McFrotton; 2011-12-29 at 06:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    ehhhh its painful to quest like this to be honest. It takes so god damned long for anything to die. Guess ill just group up for dungeons.
    What? I'm levelling up fully healing specced and everything dies easy between my companion and me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker View Post
    Pick healing, deal with it.

I am sure leveling as a healer is not as bad as wasting money on constantly respeccing, you'll also find dungeons and such easier.
    Healing for questing is just a pain it takes ages to kill anything seriously.

---------- Post added 2011-12-29 at 01:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
    What? I'm levelling up fully healing specced and everything dies easy between my companion and me.....
    Try dps leveling its much faster, concealement ops is really good at killing stuff after lvl 20

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
    Same here. I went Sage healer, and I am not having an issue at all with leveling. Qyzen tanks extremely well, I can heal/bubble him, DPS when I need to, and move on.

I think it might even be debatable that leveling as a healer in this game is easier or at very most right on par with leveling as DPS. I myself am leveling as a healer and it isn't really that painful. Companions make it easy because they seem a little more stable then your average 'pet' in other MMOs and can fill the gap in DPS and/or tanking that your 'real' character is lacking in.

I also think there should be a cap in respecing. Without a doubt it is important to be able to explore your character while leveling without handicapping it BUT you should also do a little research and thought up front to keep the number of times you have to restart as low as possible. If any. So while Bioware might be a little to ridge in its launch release but I think you could have prevented some of those respecs as well. Meet in the middle bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathlar View Post
    But do you really need to respec? leveling as a healer is completely viable.
    Viable, yes. As fast? Not even close after you get past 30 or so. As you level, the gap between a DPS spec and Heal spec becomes larger. Heck, for a Sage/Sorcerer, your only AoE has a long cooldown unless you go at least 11 points into one of the DPS trees, and this game has a LOT of pack pulls. Not as bad for the other healers, they get AoEs before they even get the chance to pick an advanced class, and they tend to have shorter cooldowns as well.

I find I don't miss heals on my DPS speced toons, because everything dies before I need them. Except for elite and up, that's even true for my healing speced toons. The only thing that's easier on a healing speced toon is soloing HEROIC2+ stuff. Still isn't impossible with the DPS speced toons, I just need another level or so.

I wish we had dual spec already, so I can heal flashpoints and level as DPS without feeling like I'm gimping one role or the other