Class Quests: Designed to be completed Solo + One Companion, right?

I have just had my ass kicked about five times in a row on a Jedi Knight class quest. I won't give details for spoiler reasons, but I am level 25 (one level above the 'given' range for Nar Shadda where I got the quest), and I thought I had decent gear.

Are there class quests designed where you need to bring a friend in addition to your companion? It does not say "Heroic +x" or anything in the mission log. It looks like the majority of the other quests I've completed, but holy crap, this guy hits like a truck.

All class quests are soloable
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes

Deleted
    Just find something that you can run around in circles for 10 mins, that's my usual plan B

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    At level 34, I have been able to solo all class quests thus far (with a companion of course). What I have discovered about beating a hard boss in those quests is that it really is all about locking down their abilities.

I see that you are a guardian. What companion are you using? What is the name of the quest and I can look it up to see if I remember how I did it.

You and your companion should be able to solo anything in your class quest. However, if you are under level (which you said you are not) or if you or your companion's gear is lacking (which is likely the case if you're having trouble), then yes, it could present a heck of a challenge.

That said, you can't just stand there and brainlessly dps the guy down. Use your abilities. Stun it. Reduce your damage, use medpacs. A great thing to do is if you are using a tanking companion is to taunt off him while your companion's health is low and yours is high - it gives you the effect of another full health bar to work with, before your companion taunts back. Also, make sure your companion is using the correct abilities. If it's only one mob, turn off the AoE abilities so the companion can focus on the single-target ones, which will do more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Meqq View Post
    All class quests are soloable
    Basically, yes.

The only problematic one will be the Jedi Knight final quest. I won't get any further, but you can only use one specific companion you'll probably not use after lvl 30 or so, which then will be undergeared for this quest. And even if he's fully geared, it's still the hardest class quest.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Basically, yes.

The only problematic one will be the Jedi Knight final quest. I won't get any further, but you can only use one specific companion you'll probably not use after lvl 30 or so, which then will be undergeared for this quest. And even if he's fully geared, it's still the hardest class quest.
    Is that the one where you Need to have T7?

I ended up using Kira for the fight, but switched to T7 for the trigger.

10+ Year Old Account
    All class quests are soloable, but that doesn't mean they can't be done in a party. If you are really having an issue than you might try requesting help in General or through your guild if you have one.

Sometimes it just takes coming at the encounter from a different perspective and with a different strategy. I know as a Sith Sorcerer in beta I had an issue around that same level with a class quest on Nar Shaddaa but I just changed my strategy up until I figured out a way that worked. I've had to do that as a Mercenary as well, if a problem comes up that I can't outheal the damage coming at my tank/melee DPS (I'm Bodyguard specced) then I'll try a new strategy where maybe I just nuke the guy or kite him around or even swap agro with my companion by using the companion taunts or my drop agro moves.

Also, have you tried looking to see if there is anything in the environment that can help you? Sometimes exploding barrels, something to hide behind for certain moves. Not sure how much this applies in story mission, but definitely applies in some FPs and Heroics.

Thanks for the insight, gang.

I suspect part of the problem is companion gearing. I much prefer T7, so I have not done much with Kira, but I have to take Kira on this mission; she is mandatory. Problem is, she gets smoked so fast that I wonder if better gear is really going to do much. The other problem is a knockback that this guy is using. I literally spend half the battle running back to him with Force Jump on CD. I wasted 1000cr on a Str stim that helped me little, if any. I don't remember any environmental advantages, but will look again tonight.

Deleted
    Is it the Darth Angral one ? I usually use T7.Call of the Force,alot of interrupts and the odd taunting back and forth usually does the trick.I was usually left with around 10% hp and T7 dead

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obiwannknowlton View Post
    Thanks for the insight, gang.

I suspect part of the problem is companion gearing. I much prefer T7, so I have not done much with Kira, but I have to take Kira on this mission; she is mandatory. Problem is, she gets smoked so fast that I wonder if better gear is really going to do much. The other problem is a knockback that this guy is using. I literally spend half the battle running back to him with Force Jump on CD. I wasted 1000cr on a Str stim that helped me little, if any. I don't remember any environmental advantages, but will look again tonight.
    I'm full defense specced and my preference in companions has been, thus far, Kira. I tried using T7 for a while, but the double tank thing just meant that mobs died really, really slow. This limits what you can do since you need to space and time your cooldowns and interrupts. Lengthening a fight by not having a DPS companion just means that you need to spread those cooldowns farther than you should be.