Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Server Xfer/Raid ID no longer resets?

Just some information from my personal experience:

(when I talk about "visually saved" meaning in the raid info tab)

• I server transferred in Firelands and when on my new server I was not saved to anything at all.
    I did a Firelands after clearing it before.

• I server transferred in Dragon Soul and when on my new server I was visually saved to all the same raids.

However I COULD do Karazhan however it prompted me that it would save me to a 0/12 (or what have you) instance and I could rekill Attumen again in that week. In raid info it said I was saved.

I could also do a new LFR and was able to roll on items.

I also got a reset on VP.

I TRIED to do a BH and I was saved and it would not let me kill Alizabal again. I invited some random to raid and checked for myself that I was saved.

I DID NOT attempt to do a Dragon Soul after seeing I was saved to BH.

I may have just had a freak occurrence however I am tempted to believe after all the hype about guild's server xfering for more gear etc they changed it, at least for T13 raids/bosses.

Any other info on the matter?
    Last edited by thegoodrogue; 2011-12-31 at 12:54 AM.

Deleted
    When you Xfer to a server you're randomly assigned a completed raid-ID to prevent you from accessing a 2nd lockout.

Gonna let someone else provide the blue post though, raiding atm

I thought you had to faction change as well to get the new lock outs

Pretty sure they fixed that when stars got world first on shannox using that method.

Keep in mind I am talking about server transferring and that I transferred towards the end of Firelands and everything was reset, however in Dragon Soul last week or so that was not the case and I could only enter a BC raid and do LFR but could not do new BH boss.

It got fixed like last week, after Exodus transferred and theirs reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Transferred servers 2 weeks ago from Lightninghoof to Mal'Ganis and it reset my Raid ID but not VP. It finally got fixed 'again' a week ago or so. (Not in all cases)

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Transfered character 8 hours ago.

All raid lockouts reset properly. I can get loot from LFR and can clear DS/FL from the beginning(got both cleared before transfer, as well as onyxia, malygos and kel'tas for mounts)

Working as intended - its "legal" way to buy yourself additional raid lockout for 20 euro from blizzard.

In means of loot - its pretty cheap way to buy yourself 410 loot. 2 items for 20 euro? 20k gold for 410 epic item? Its cheaper than boe items from AH!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our guild server transfered on the 23rd, we got everything except VP reseted. So we could do DS, FL and such again. And our warlock was kinda happy, as the quest for the staff didn't reset either (He's on the last stage)

Deleted
    Since when did xfer`ing reset your raid lock outs? It only ever worked with a faction change for me :/ and as far as I know that still works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiboyslol View Post
    I thought you had to faction change as well to get the new lock outs
    I can confirm this works, done it on my DK :P

Are there any players from US realms that have recently realm transferred (in this reset/last 3 days) that can please post if their raid ID reset or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Transferred servers on 19th September 11 (with faction change) and it didn't reset back than.

Deleted
    Wow, confusing at the least... Some of you are reporting a complete reset 8 hours ago and a week ago and working, and for others it didn't? That was transfer or faction change?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Wow, confusing at the least... Some of you are reporting a complete reset 8 hours ago and a week ago and working, and for others it didn't? That was transfer or faction change?
    We did a guild migration to an other server and battlegroup, and we got everything reseted except Valor Points and Conquest Points. So we could do LFR (And get loot), FL HC, DS HC on the same reset twice. We did the transfer the 23rd this month. This was from the server Executus EU to Sylvanas EU. So it might be a US/EU thing if you get it reseted or not?

Deleted
    Mayhaps it's that... don't know if the OP is EU or US. Sinnermighty for example it's from US. We are going to do it next week (obviously not for the raid lockout, but it's a nice bonus), so we will see... EU too.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Mayhaps it's that... don't know if the OP is EU or US. Sinnermighty for example it's from US. We are going to do it next week (obviously not for the raid lockout, but it's a nice bonus), so we will see... EU too.
    Yeah we saw it as a small bonus aswell. And if you have someone in your guild on the last stage of the staff from Firelands, make sure that person dosn't race change aswell, then they will lose it, but if they just transfer their toon, it wont be a problem.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chalmerz View Post
    Since when did xfer`ing reset your raid lock outs? It only ever worked with a faction change for me :/ and as far as I know that still works.
    A simple transfer to a different a BATTLEGROUP will cause a reset in your raid lockouts and VP/CP.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolflame View Post
    A simple transfer to a different a BATTLEGROUP will cause a reset in your raid lockouts and VP/CP.
    It will NOT reset you VP/CP, your raid lockouts will be reseted and such, but not VP/CP, you need to faction change for that.

Deleted
    Oh, so... it's to a different battlegroup, not only a server transfer? That's were the difference came?