Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Dragon Soul is easiest raid tier of Cataclysm

I just pugged 8/8 normal mode... The mechanics of all bosses are much more simple compared to previous two tiers...
    Last edited by mmoc9a5cba61fb; 2011-12-29 at 08:49 PM.

That's why you compare heroic modes....

Deleted
    Heroic modes were cleared in 2 resets. t11 took longer and FL even longer than that. So it's a fair comparisson. DS is the easiest.

Deleted
    DS was esey, we did it 8/8 with zul aman/garub gear

Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    That's why you compare heroic modes....
    While normal mode doesn't count for much, pugging it this early in a patch is pretty indicative of just how fail the patch is.

Heroic modes are nice and all, but they can't be the only redeeming factor for a game like this.

I think it stems more from the fact that people have seen some of the base mechanics of the encounters from LFR (albeit in a very 'rounded corner' approach) as well as that FL was nerfed down to the point that everyone was basically 6/7HM and likely outgeared DS NM from the get go. But yea, give HMs a shot, if people (aside from a small amount) were pugging those, then perhaps it might be too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by owenz View Post
    Heroic modes were cleared in 2 resets. t11 took longer and FL even longer than that. So it's a fair comparisson. DS is the easiest.
    FL didnt take longer than T11 D:

t11 took longer
    You can't really compare t11 in the mix because you didn't have a previous tier before it that you could have heroic gear for. Basically people either went in lower geared for t11 raids or waited longer in order to get gear farmed in relative terms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    While normal mode doesn't count for much, pugging it this early in a patch is pretty indicative of just how fail the patch is.
    Indeed, the only raid tier I was able to fully pug in this expansion was BoT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    DS was esey, we did it 8/8 with zul aman/garub gear
    How's 1/8 normal treating you?

Also, reported

i would compare the speed of clear and easyness to toc 10/25
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

Maybe I'm an optimist, but maybe the playerbase is getting better.

Yeah!
    ....Right?

Deleted
    Im sorry, but who are you to judge if its easy or not? If you arnt part of the ~3% that have completed the tier in heroic.

I think the only reason why people are finding it 'Easier' is with the addition of the LFR difficulty people get more practice at some of the core mechanics, as well as filler gear and set bonuses. This makes it much easier to go into normal modes with a leg up.

As for heroics... well if you've read what KIN Raiders had to do to stack their team the best they could they worked exceptionally hard to clear the content so fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk I thought DS normal mode bosses do not have many mechanics to them at all compared to many other raid tiers.

Correction, 0.3%.

I remember watching the strat vids before Cata and going "hmm, some of these look pretty complex with timing and positioning and such", then proceeded to blow through the first 4 the first week with very little issue. It was a bit off-putting for sure.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Took 13.5 days after FL heroics opened up for Paragon to kill Heroic Ragnaros. Took 12 days after DS heroics opened up for KIN to kill Heroic Madness. Pretty close to the same, really, on those two.

However, you're obviously completely wrong when saying FL took longer than T11.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggasson View Post
    Im sorry, but who are you to judge if its easy or not? If you arnt part of the ~3% that have completed the tier in heroic.
    It's a lot less, lol.

Also I think the main reason people are pugging 8/8 is because they are having SO much better gear in comparison to the past because of LFR. People running around in 384 gear with tons of red sockets and very powerful 2-4 set bonuses. Imagine if all these half bad players who are pugging the start of normal mode were wearing 5man heroic gear + justice point gear.. yeah.. less than 378 ilvl with much worse Ilvl.
    Also, getting to know tactics from LFR is also very helpful too.

And by the way, I also agree that this tier have been quite easy so far in comparison to the last few tiers. Madness and Spine are both very simple and easy fights (obviously talking normal mode). And so are most of the heroic modes. Mainly gear, healer and dps checks.
    I've done 5/8 heroic mode, and only Blackhorn so far have actually been challenging when it comes to coordination, tactics, reaction and pushing dps. It's a huge step up in difficulty in 10man mode.

Didn't most major guilds clear rag on normal like 4 days into 4.2 and it took 3 -4 weeks to finish dragon soul on heroic. FL was gated for a week as well on hard mode so that time doesn't count ds had no gating.