Thread: [TV] Merlin

10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Merlin

Who's excited for the new season? If you guys don't watch it you should check it out. The concept is neat it takes the idea behind smallville but applies it to the Arthurian legend. Merlin is a young man born with the gift of magic in the kingdom of camelot where king Uther Pendragon has forbidden its use by punishment of death. Prince Arthur is young and spoiled but retains a core of goodness and young Merlins destiny is to see to it that Arthur becomes the once and future king of camelot.

I assume you're talking about the fourth season, the one soon beginning in the US? It was great. Overall an incredibly solid season with few low points. But to be honest, I'm more looking forward to the fifth one. I think it holds great potential in terms of the Arthurian legend, including one aspect that most people won't necessarily be familiar with.

It's kind of a corny show but it's still good. There were some slow parts in the middle but it ended pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoy it our trans-Atlantic brethren. I didn't realise it'd even made it over there, but I'm glad it has. Colin Morgan (Merlin) is strangely cute, and imo much hotter than Bradley James (Arthur) :P

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn Katie McGrath is fine...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Damn Katie McGrath is fine...
    She's got a beard though.. or a lot of facial hair:P At least in S2 and S3

10+ Year Old Account
    oh right, didn't know it was getting aired in the US. A forewarning then to any of our UK viewers; don't discuss any spoilers without giving a heads-up first.

All I will say is that I liked it a lot more than the previous series. Hopefully we're really going somewhere. It's also become a lot darker, but still funny as ever. Heck, the humour alone is worth watching in this show.

Deleted
    They certainly went for a slightly darker tone in season 4, especially in the first 2 episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Morgana is hot and gwen has nice tits. I love the comradarie betwen merlin and arthur....I wish they didn't kill off some of the cooler characters, who i guess I wont name. Show was a little corny in the beginning but matures with each season, the end of the 3rd season was pretty kick ass with the sword in stone bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it is nice to see that they focus now on the main plot a lot more. A big gripe I have with most of these TV series is they worry too much about sub-plots which have no relevance whatsoever in future episodes. Think of them as side quests in video games - they have their own sub-stories but in the grand scheme of things they are just a distraction. Now we have a lot more focus on development of the main characters and the kingdom. (Part of reason why game of thrones is so good - yet I know it is based on books)

I also find myself getting frustrated at Merlin because if I were in his boots I would have told Arthur what really happened with... Go figure.

I watched the first few seasons on netflix and eagerly awaiting the arrival of the next.

Of course I can happily say the same thing about Sanctuary and warehouse13

I still find it dumb that Gwen is black. Or Hispanic, whatever she is. Gwen is white. End of story.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I found that, from season 1-3, like someone above said, they focused wayy too much on subplots with no real relevance. IIRC, at the end of S1, nothing significant had really changed at all. It got better with the S3 ending, however.

S4 is something else, from the very first few episodes, really huge things happen and it finally seems like the story is getting somewhere. I've seen the entire season and I won't spoil it, but the last 2 episodes are pretty good (hint: something really huge happens, like, a pivotal point to the entire Arthurian legend. Have fun guessing what it is XD)

Although, I really hate how, you see people getting impaled with swords etc (it happens a lot in the last episode), yet you never see any blood. Not on the swords, not on the victim. I guess that is because a lot of young people watch the show and they don't want any gore.

Also, perhaps the wizards in the show should learn to cast a spell besides that knockback thing, it's pretty much the only spell used in the entire season XD
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail