Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I have 2 questions about this game

Hi, I was thinking about playing this but I have 2 questions first.

1. How is it for leveling solo? Do you find yourself grinding for XP or is it tuned well?
    2. What is the end game like? I know you might not be there but have you heard what the gameplay is like a higher levels?

Thanks.

Leveling solo is really easy, as is getting into dungeon groups via the dungeon finder(especially if you are a tank or healer)

End game right now is fairly hard, but it's probably gonna get nerfed soon like everything else.

Deleted
    Lvling is very smooth, and there is crowded with people willing to group up for the harder quests.

I can only recommend it!

I've always left planets with tons of quests left. I'm the A.D.D-type who doesn't like staying on on planet for more than the required 4-ish levels.

If a planet says its range is 20-24, you could conceivably be there 20-28 with the quests/H2s/H4s

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

1. Leveling solo for me has been great so far. I don't feel like i'm grinding my face off for hours on end. I'm having a great time with leveling via pvp and class quests.
    2. No idea on endgame. Not too many people on my server that are at 50 yet. Think actually only one person at 50. This MAY be an indication of how long it takes to get to max level, but personally i'm in no rush to get their.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheamus View Post
    Hi, I was thinking about playing this but I have 2 questions first.

1. How is it for leveling solo? Do you find yourself grinding for XP or is it tuned well?
    2. What is the end game like? I know you might not be there but have you heard what the gameplay is like a higher levels?
    Thanks.
    1.) I haven't found myself having to grind at all. If anything, you can over level a zone before you even get to it by completing all the quests in the prior zone and doing some warzones.

2.) End-game is a little under tuned right now, but the lack of addons and BW's lack of experience makes that so. I believe that it will get harder as we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxhp View Post
    End game right now is fairly hard, but it's probably gonna get nerfed soon like everything else.
    Are you SURE about that? I keep hearing the exact opposite, that it is far too easy, and didn't the game get cleared in nightmare in two days?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxhp View Post
    Leveling solo is really easy, as is getting into dungeon groups via the dungeon finder(especially if you are a tank or healer)

WRONG GAME DUDE.

people do not see the SUB forums do they.

OT
    1: lvling is really fun you can do the whole class story line solo. and if you would like there are daily heroic quest for each zone that you can do if you would like to group(they are not needed to lvl, are there for fun).

2: have not done endgame but i have heard that is the normal difficulty (there are 3, normal, hard, nightmare) is very trivial while hard and nightmare are really hard and fun. also BIOWARE has said that they are adding more endgame bosses come Jan/feb

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    Are you SURE about that? I keep hearing the exact opposite, that it is far too easy, and didn't the game get cleared in nightmare in two days?
    Ahem...nope?
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

How is it for leveling solo? Do you find yourself grinding for XP or is it tuned well?
    There's absolutely no grinding required to level. In fact, Bioware did a great job making sure that there's significantly more xp and options to gain xp than necessary to ensure you can level up in whatever way you find most enjoyable. For solo content, there's the main storyline (class) quests which you pretty much have to do, as well as a main sidequest for each planet and a number of side-sidequests, there's bonus objectives for most quests (like kill 15 guys on the way to your objective, which you usually complete without having to go out of your way), there's extra quests on each planet AFTER you've "completed" it, and there's space battles (which give surprisingly great xp).
    Assuming you don't mind working with other people, there's group quests for each planet, there's pvp, there's flashpoints (group dungeons). I actually recommend doing these, even if you typically like soloing stuff. The community that I've experienced so far has actually been really great, and the group content is really well done.
    I'm probably forgetting some stuff, but the point is you will never be lacking in the kinds of stuff you want to do (assuming you like the type of game to begin with).

EDIT:
    The nightmare mode was definitely NOT cleared in two days. Most of the guilds did hard mode first, which shares the lockout with nightmare. I'm not sure the VERY first-- although they might be-- but one of the top WoW guilds that did swtor progression (Irae AoD), just finished clearing nightmare this week, a full three lockouts after the game became available. Considering the number of bosses and quality of the players, this puts it roughly at the difficulty of WoW's heroics. For players outside the top, say 5%, this means it will be hard enough that you won't be beating it any time soon.
    Last edited by pewpewinface; 2011-12-30 at 12:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    well.. i wasnt going to buy this game but despite some of the bad stuff im reading (mostly wow fanboys) i think im picking up a copy tomorrow (if i can find one?) i need something to do between raid resets on wow

Quote Originally Posted by Biggayshammy View Post
    well.. i wasnt going to buy this game but despite some of the bad stuff im reading (mostly wow fanboys) i think im picking up a copy tomorrow (if i can find one?) i need something to do between raid resets on wow
    watch out your guild may get mad at you when you start missing raids casuse of SWTOR lol

good luck

I dont know why but im extremely amazed when I see new players in this game. It makes me feel happy . It sort of... gives me hope that this game is not dead yet...

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it for leveling solo? Do you find yourself grinding for XP or is it tuned well?
    - Very fun the first time, when you are new to the game. Still most fun with a friend

What is the end game like? I know you might not be there but have you heard what the gameplay is like a higher levels?
    - It's fun. With gear. The more gear you get in PvP the more fun you are able to have. It sucks having no gear and being oneshot by a frost mage.
    This applies to PvE as well, even though these days you can get into the new raids in a new feature called Looking For Raid. 25 random people killing bosses together.
    Most fun in PvE comes when you get in a guild and start progressing on harder bosses. For this you need both skill and gear

Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    - Very fun the first time, when you are new to the game. Still most fun with a friend

What is the end game like? I know you might not be there but have you heard what the gameplay is like a higher levels?
    - It's fun. With gear. The more gear you get in PvP the more fun you are able to have. It sucks having no gear and being oneshot by a frost mage.
    This applies to PvE as well, even though these days you can get into the new raids in a new feature called Looking For Raid. 25 random people killing bosses together.
    Most fun in PvE comes when you get in a guild and start progressing on harder bosses. For this you need both skill and gear
    again WRONG GAME BRO

L2READ subforums

Thats 2 already.

anyone want to take bets on how many people will post about WOW?

Quote Originally Posted by Biggayshammy View Post
    I essentially got the game for the same reason but then it made me realize how bored I am of WoW and how I was just going through the motions in WoW, the only reason I was staying was because of my friends which is a stupid reason. I informed my guild leader a week ago that I was resigning my raiding position because of my lack of fun in WoW.

So beware, this game is loads more interesting than raiding in WoW is currently, in fact I think most of my guild is now going to be playing SWTOR soooooo.. I guess I don't feel so bad now about quitting raiding

---------- Post added 2011-12-30 at 12:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pyrotemplar View Post
    again WRONG GAME BRO

L2READ subforums

Thats 2 already.

anyone want to take bets on how many people will post about WOW?
    Stupid people are always going to be stupid.. hopefully OP is smarter than the 2 posters that thought he was asking about WoW.

Leveling is a breeze. I did zero Flashpoints and maybe 10 warzones on my way to 50. Took me 4 days, 23 hours.
    Just make sure you do the bonus quests that mesh with the major quests pretty well.

Endgame is only limited by your ability to get enough level 50's together to do them. Heroics are pretty challenging, like TBC challenging. Not the trash, which is easy, but the bosses. Average run in a 50 FP is about an hour with chain pulls. Doing Hutt Hospitality tonight, will post back about it after.

Leveling is quite interesting.. It actually does get a bit tricky at lvl 30... In some story area you actually have to know how to kite things around and remember to interrupt the story boss.

I wouldn't' say it's overwhelming difficult.. but it's definitely not your typical stick to one rotation and use that to kill everything in your way

So you're telling all of us you can clear it on nightmare in 2 days just like a guild thats ranked 11th in the world? That also had roughly 2 months of beta invite times to smooth out their tactics and what not?

Thanks for the responses. Think I'm going to pick this game up, no harm in trying!