Deleted

Level all the way to 50 before trying new class or not?

Hey!

The topic pretty much says it all, should one level all the way to 50 before trying out a new class to see if there's another class that's more fun than the current one, or should one re-roll a new character early on so you don't 'waste' time on the first character?

To put this into an example; I currently am lvl 20 on my Sith Warrior Juggernaut and I enjoy it, but I don't feel all that excited about the class. Yet I feel like I should finish it and go all the way to 50 before I create a new character and try it out. What do you think, is it a 'waste' of time going to 50, create a new character and then you find it more exciting than the main one?

/ Ala

I'd at least try a few others before you set your mind on leveling one to 50

Deleted
    Reroll sooner rather than later if you arent excited about it. I had the same feeling with my Jugg but waited, ended up goin to 31 with her before rerolling. That's a lot of time lost there

20 a is a good lvl to get a feel for your class if your not liking so far try something else to 16-20 and see which one you like best

it wont take more then a day to get to 16 so it should not put you back much

in beta i rolled a JUGG to lvl 18 then a IA to 8 now in live i liked the AI better now im at 34 Operative so yea just fill for it and try something else you may like it alot more. dont get me wrong i already made my Jugg that im going to tank on but i wanted to lvl IA first. it was much more fun the cover mechanic

As I did it, I leveled a JK to 20 in the Beta, and an Imperial Agent to 11. That gave me enough of a feel for the two, made me realize that I liked the JK and wasn't too keen on the Sniper gameplay, so I rolled a Sorcerer and my next toon will most likely be a Sith Juggernaut since I liked my Jedi Guardian.

You could also consider leveling until you get your first legacy then make a new one so that it gets legacy too?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinesun View Post
    You could also consider leveling until you get your first legacy then make a new one so that it gets legacy too?
    you get legacy by low 30s so it alot of wasted time if you dont like the class

Deleted
    I agree with Pyrotemplar, You can get the feel of a class level upto 20, try a couple out then decide which one you enjoy most

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    just level it to 10 and do pvp and you get to see other classes and how well they do

I've got a Sith Marauder at 18, a Jedi Sage to 19, and now I've gotten my Gunslinger to 11 and yea.. I love him.

Deleted
    I would definitely try different classes if you don't feel 100% about the one you are playing.

Initially I was convinced I would play a sniper but how restricted you feel when you get forced out of cover or have to move out of fire just didn't feel nice for me(I had no issues setting up well which I have seen others struggle with)

Personally I tried Sith Warrior and didn't really like the class at all. However 3 guys at work play them and are having a lot of fun so obviously it just comes down to preference

Suffice to say I tried Bounty hunter tank and instantly really enjoyed the class.

As other people are saying level ~20 should give you a fair idea if you like the playstyle of a given class.

15+ Year Old Account
    By about 20 or so for a class youll have a majority of the main skills aside from some of the talent or gimmicky higher level ones to decide if you like the playstyle.

I was all about a sage and I rerolled to Mercenary at about 20 and so far I havent even logged back on him.
    Thankfully im in a group that has a shared community on republic and imperial sides of things on the same server.
    It's pretty great.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would finish first act of class quests atleast. So you can start Legacy before rerolling. I reroll'd as soon as I got my Legacy Surname, but not because I didn't like my Sith Marauder. I just wanted to create his twin that is a Jedi Sentinel

Deleted
    I suggest level all the classes you are interested in to around level 20.
    It takes a bit of time (Not all that long) and gives you a good insight into the class' storyline, gameplay and general feel.

There's no reason to rush to 50 honestly. Most people are still leveling, it's nice being 50 sure.. but you won't fall behind if you spend another month getting there.

You could of course invest more time into them, like complete the first act (30-35), but that require a pretty hefty time investment you may not want to put into it. So I'd say 20 minimum, to get a feel for your class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled a few classes until 14-18 (depending on the class) and decided I liked playing a commando best. She is level34 right now and I don't plan on leveling another class until I am done with this one. I really like the play-style of commando and I am having too much fun to quit playing this to learn another class. My second best favorite class was a Jedi Knight, but even that wasn't nearly as exiting to play as a commando. I would say shelf your Sith Warrior a few hours/days and see if you like playing another class better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm leveling a JK tank and a JC healer at the same time. One's an artificer, one's a synthweaver. So they can craft gear for each other on the way up :-)

I level different characters for the storyline not combat mechanics.

So far 2 SW to 17 (Got the ships, male, and female). One is a gatherer, the other Biochem.

Male Bounty Hunter to 16 or 17 (Got his ship). Cybertech and maxed out Slicing.

Finished starting area for a Level 12 Male SI, a 5 level Female SI, still in starting area. Artificer

Finished starting area for a Level 13 Male IA. Armstech

Finished starting area for a Level 13 Male Scoundrel, gatherer.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alataria View Post
    Hey!

The topic pretty much says it all, should one level all the way to 50 before trying out a new class to see if there's another class that's more fun than the current one, or should one re-roll a new character early on so you don't 'waste' time on the first character?

To put this into an example; I currently am lvl 20 on my Sith Warrior Juggernaut and I enjoy it, but I don't feel all that excited about the class. Yet I feel like I should finish it and go all the way to 50 before I create a new character and try it out. What do you think, is it a 'waste' of time going to 50, create a new character and then you find it more exciting than the main one?

/ Ala
    I'd highly recommend getting a couple different classes to 15-16 (finishing up the second planet) to get a good feel for the basic mechanics instead of pushing one to 50 and then looking to reroll. It actually took me a few tries to finally find something I REALLY enjoy...not only for the gameplay but also for the story.

Tried a Shadow tank/dps...thought it was going to be my only class in TOR thanks to my misconceptions of the game and the story...got him to 25 before realizing it just wasn't what I was looking for atm.

Tried Trooper CM/dps...like the play style a little more and got him to 23...but for some reason the story didn't grab me in the least so I end up space-barring through most of his VA which isn't what I want to do in the game...also the droid tank you get feels really squishy and can't even get hit as much as Aric while he is in Sniper Mode (I think that's something they need to fix).

BH Powertech:
    ...it just takes the cake. I love the playstyle. The story is completely badass. My companion (Mako) rocks. I was also smart enough this time around to take Biochem as a tank so I always have +Aim/+Power or +Endurance/+Defense whenever I want it and depending on what I am doing in the game.

There are a few other classes I never even got to 10 and a few that I think will be good once I get a hang of their mechanics (Smug/IA).