Deleted

LFR and ninja - why?

So, i've just played a bit LFR this very evening. On about, well, every drop someone is needing on a item they actually don't need, because they either got 397 of the same item, or the items just doesn't fit their role. Lemme give you an example: Boomkin needing on agi trinket, still get bonus roll. Since when did agi benefit boomkin? A rogue joins up for LFR first boss, already have ilvl 397 of the exact same shoulders which drops on this boss. This rogue didn't get healing because he stood in the black ooze, and decides to press 'need' on the item, and wins. So, now the rogue has shoulders with an ilvl 397 equippted, but wins 384 with the exact same stats, just lower. A'right, here is my question. Why don't blizzard fix their bonus roll? I mean, a Moonkin needing on agi, rogue needing on item he cannot use, prot warrior wants some str, so he 'just' need on the trinket which drops - and benefit from the bonus roll. Hmm, is it time for blizzard to fix their system, or shall we just start need on everything?

It's time these threads stop popping up. Read Blizzards statement or post your whine on Blizzard forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Selonthyx View Post
    So, i've just played a bit LFR this very evening. On about, well, every drop someone is needing on a item they actually don't need, because they either got 397 of the same item, or the items just doesn't fit their role. Lemme give you an example: Boomkin needing on agi trinket, still get bonus roll. Since when did agi benefit boomkin? A rogue joins up for LFR first boss, already have ilvl 397 of the exact same shoulders which drops on this boss. This rogue didn't get healing because he stood in the black ooze, and decides to press 'need' on the item, and wins. So, now the rogue has shoulders with an ilvl 397 equippted, but wins 384 with the exact same stats, just lower. A'right, here is my question. Why don't blizzard fix their bonus roll? I mean, a Moonkin needing on agi, rogue needing on item he cannot use, prot warrior wants some str, so he 'just' need on the trinket which drops - and benefit from the bonus roll. Hmm, is it time for blizzard to fix their system, or shall we just start need on everything?
    Rogue needs to l2feint and cloak. You shouldn't even come close to dying to black ooze in LFR. The boomkin needing agi type of deal is one of the problems they still have to work out, but you can't expect the system to be perfect from the get go.

Tanks and healers seem to get it a lot better though. I needed a hit ring while on my holy priest so I could use it for shadow, and I was actually surprised that I got the roll bonus. I didn't win, but I thought it was a bit silly that a healer could potentially win a hit ring.

Deleted
    Anonymity + power = total dickwad.

I agree that loot distribution in LFR can be frustrating. There's no accountability, so why not need on an item even if all you're going to do is sell it for gold? That aspect of LFR can never be fixed.

However, I don't think that killing bosses in LFR actually constitutes an achievement of any kind. You have done nothing difficult, or valuable, or more costly than an hour or two of your time. If by some miracle you get a 384 epic item - after accomplishing nothing, you should feel extremely fortunate, not screwed out of something that no one really deserved in the first place.

How about rolling for a friend or something?

Deleted
    Because they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Tanks and healers seem to get it a lot better though. I needed a hit ring while on my holy priest so I could use it for shadow, and I was actually surprised that I got the roll bonus. I didn't win, but I thought it was a bit silly that a healer could potentially win a hit ring.
    Also dps not getting a roll bonus on the spirit ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangaza View Post
    How about rolling for a friend or something?
    Which is honestly the same thing in a sense....

Why do people have a fucked up sense of self-entitlement?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva View Post
    Why do people have a fucked up sense of self-entitlement?
    Because I am a unique and beautiful snowflake.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dont do LFR solo.. do it with a few friends / guildies. Thats what everyone else is doing to increase their chance at loot, you might as well too!

10+ Year Old Account
    The loot system was done hastily to push out LFR DS for this patch, they stated they didn't even intend to have LFR until the MoP raids.

Obviously they crapped this out to try to stop the bleeding of subs in between now and MoP to SWToR and GW2, and the flaws in many aspects of this tier, and the raid finder's loot system, show it.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.