Survival haste plateau's.

Hey, I have been thinking of going back to survival, but I cant get my haste down to the level I need (757)
    are the plateau's from 4.0 still followed or is there a new way of doing it?
    My armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Mella/advanced
    Any help would be appreciated as I really want to go back to survival.

Deleted
    I would not worry about haste levels if I were you. It is still unclear if mastery bests haste or not. I've found myself doing roughly the same Ultraxion DPS going for haste and mastery (about ~200 DPS difference in favor of mastery with only 878 haste).

there's only two plateaus which are reachable now:

757 and 2340

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hippo View Post
    I would not worry about haste levels if I were you. It is still unclear if mastery bests haste or not. I've found myself doing roughly the same Ultraxion DPS going for haste and mastery (about ~200 DPS difference in favor of mastery with only 878 haste).
    i agree here, I have spent alot of time on dummies and several ultrax fights in both mastery builds and haste builds. the end result is that they are pretty much the same. i recently did a build that was a good mix of the two and had slightly better results (like 800-900dps).
    mastery build - 1650 mastery, 1250 haste (this build hit hard, but just felt slow with focus regen)
    haste build - 670 mastery, 2110 haste (this was very fast and constantly had use of AS, regen was very high too, but loss of mastery boost)
    combo - 940 mastery, 1510 haste (this was the momma bear of the builds imo, did better sustaining dmg, had plenty of regen)

did alot of reforging in the process with hit cap ranging from 7.85%-7.98% And crit is always #1 for secondary stats, crit stayed at 36% throughout (2095)
    I think with mastery benefiting so many of the hunter trinkets for survival spec this tier, a decent amount is needed. And getting cobra down as close to 1.5 secs puts it in range for t13 4pcs procs and rapid fire to bring it down to Cd timer (1second).

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    i agree here, I have spent alot of time on dummies and several ultrax fights in both mastery builds and haste builds. the end result is that they are pretty much the same. i recently did a build that was a good mix of the two and had slightly better results (like 800-900dps).
    mastery build - 1650 mastery, 1250 haste (this build hit hard, but just felt slow with focus regen)
    haste build - 670 mastery, 2110 haste (this was very fast and constantly had use of AS, regen was very high too, but loss of mastery boost)
    combo - 940 mastery, 1510 haste (this was the momma bear of the builds imo, did better sustaining dmg, had plenty of regen)

did alot of reforging in the process with hit cap ranging from 7.85%-7.98% And crit is always #1 for secondary stats, crit stayed at 36% throughout (2095)
    I think with mastery benefiting so many of the hunter trinkets for survival spec this tier, a decent amount is needed. And getting cobra down as close to 1.5 secs puts it in range for t13 4pcs procs and rapid fire to bring it down to Cd timer (1second).
    I assume the rotation is the same? Three cobra's to one explosive?
    Last edited by Aired; 2011-12-31 at 10:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aired View Post
    I assume the rotation is the same? Three cobra's to one explosive?
    2 Cobras and a Arcane or if you have enough haste you can fire 2 or each.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post

this exactly, the haste build has a much greater use of AS with 2x's playing into rotation much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    ah so this is why you swap out SrS glyph for AS, I assumed it was for 4 piece

I don't think you used the Serpent Sting glyph at any point anyway.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

i think there are viable haste plateus but you also have to factor in latency during combat to get a better idea of how much haste would actually be needed to get the proper shot rotation.