Page 1 of 14
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1
    not good with computers
    chaud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,485

    Scarlet Monastery - Dungeon Preview

    Scarlet Monastery - Dungeon Preview

    Scarlet Monastery, too big to return as one dungeon, is being split up into two wings. The Graveyard and Cathedral are being combined into one level-90 Heroic dungeon, and the Library and Armory into another. Whitemane's Chapeau for everyone! The old lower level version will remain accessible for lower level characters.

    Graveyard and Cathedral Bosses


    Library and Armory Bosses


    Dungeon Maps





  2. #2
    looking good they made it into 2 dungeons/wings!

  3. #3
    Waiting for me H Herod
    I will not say that I am guilty, for that denotes shame. Nor will I protest innocence, for I claim no such. Let the comedy begin.

  4. #4
    Immortal Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Just outside of Wigan, England.
    Posts
    7,782
    yey for stale cake re-wrapped as fresh cake.

    I can understand the reuse of naxx in WOTLK as it fit the story line, I can understand to a degree the re-use of Deadmines and SFK as it gave more time on the old zones.

    What possible justification can they come up with for the reuse of SM. Really am getting tired of old content being repackaged as "all new"
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Sigma : Super Intelligent Giant Moldy Anchovy

  5. #5
    Just imagine all the people standing in the whirlwind.

    Oh god, nightmares inc.

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,505
    hmm, perhaps theyre going to bring the ebon blade back into the fold? kinda curious if the story is going to play out any differently with mograine, perhaps darion will show up?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    yey for stale cake re-wrapped as fresh cake.

    I can understand the reuse of naxx in WOTLK as it fit the story line, I can understand to a degree the re-use of Deadmines and SFK as it gave more time on the old zones.

    What possible justification can they come up with for the reuse of SM. Really am getting tired of old content being repackaged as "all new"
    Don't like it, go elsewhere. Cause your exact logic behind Deadmines and SFK, is the same for SM and Scholo's re-tooling for Heroic-level.

    And frankly, why shouldn't they reuse some of this content, instead of it sitting dead most of the time?

    I'd suggest SW:TOR to ya, but you'd complain that there is no new flashpoints at level 50, cause they just made Heroic modes for all of them instead.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    yey for stale cake re-wrapped as fresh cake.

    I can understand the reuse of naxx in WOTLK as it fit the story line, I can understand to a degree the re-use of Deadmines and SFK as it gave more time on the old zones.

    What possible justification can they come up with for the reuse of SM. Really am getting tired of old content being repackaged as "all new"
    Really you can't see any link that the Scarlet MONASTERY could possibly have with the new expansion being the only place currently in game with some scarlet MONKS. Just throwing it out there is all.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome Boogieknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    679
    So how long until we see complaint threads of people Ninja-lotting the Scarlet Crusade tabard?
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

  10. #10
    Immortal Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Just outside of Wigan, England.
    Posts
    7,782
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Don't like it, go elsewhere. Cause your exact logic behind Deadmines and SFK, is the same for SM and Scholo's re-tooling for Heroic-level.
    How is it ? Cata redone all of the zones and mop has 5 new ones. so they have plenty of time to develop new dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    And frankly, why shouldn't they reuse some of this content, instead of it sitting dead most of the time?
    im not saying that they should not reuse it, but to turn it into a heroic 7 years after its release and expect people to be happy about it being called "new content" is a disgrace.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    I'd suggest SW:TOR to ya, but you'd complain that there is no new flashpoints at level 50, cause they just made Heroic modes for all of them instead.
    that maybe the case that they have just made all existing Flash points heroic at max level, but they done it at the start of the game. Not several years later. I would expect the same disgust from SWTOR players in a couple of years time if they reused a flash point from the vanilla version of the game in an expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Sigma : Super Intelligent Giant Moldy Anchovy

  11. #11
    I am Murloc! Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    5,001
    Here we go again -_-

  12. #12
    Okay, I hate to be a Negative Nancy but I really am SICK of this.
    I play this game for a fun experience and for me that comes out from new and varied visuals, sounds and ambiance. I was alright with SFK and VC; especially VC because of the story. But that said, the layouts of those dungeons were painfully Vanilla, tired and underwhelming - and I don't blame the instances for that.

    Then when they brought ZG/ZA back - that just raped the sanctity of the originals. But I shouldn't be selfish; it was probably good for people who had never seen the instances in their glory days. Still, as someone who never ran ZG back in Vanilla, I still got a feel of how fun it might have been when I solo'd it time and time again on my druid.

    And now this? Bloody hell, why?

    And before some smartass responds with, "The fights are different!!" Please.
    I am an accomplished PvEer and a long time WoW player. At this point, PvE to me is same - all it is a mixture of elements - running your rotation optimally, moving here, moving there, DPSing, not DPSing, taunting, moving out of fire, interrupting, etc.

    TLDR: I play for environments, the feel of a second, fantasy world NOT some PvE fights in a vacuum. The fights don't make the experience; the encounters do.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

  13. #13
    You do know the reason they're remaking these instances is because lots and lots and lots of people kept saying "Hey we'd love to see a max level version of (Instance I really liked)!"

    So they made said max level version of the instance you liked. And then all you do is bitch and moan about it.

    The proper response on their end is to never do anything the playerbase wants ever again.

  14. #14
    Herald of the Titans -Ethos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    yey for stale cake re-wrapped as fresh cake.

    I can understand the reuse of naxx in WOTLK as it fit the story line, I can understand to a degree the re-use of Deadmines and SFK as it gave more time on the old zones.
    Try not to act too entitled before we get more info.

    Naxx, DM and SFK were all tied to the new lore;
    Kelthuzads revival, Edwin Van Cleef's daughter and Godfrey.

    Instances featuring the Scarlets and the Undead should if anything be considerably more interesting than the lore behind Naxx 2.0.

  15. #15
    The fact of the matter is the community have been crying out really really loud over the past couple of years to make blizzard use their lovely old dungeons again
    at maximum level.
    Such a vast majority have such a nostalgic love for these dungeons, and scarlet monestary is one of the most loved ones.

    This is blizzard listening to the community. So take your whining somewhere else. It's getting old.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    You do know the reason they're remaking these instances is because lots and lots and lots of people kept saying "Hey we'd love to see a max level version of (Instance I really liked)!"

    So they made said max level version of the instance you liked. And then all you do is bitch and moan about it.

    The proper response on their end is to never do anything the playerbase wants ever again.
    In the last few years (particularly after Naxx 25), NO ONE has asked for heroic versions of these instances.
    Asking for heroic versions of instances seemed to be a TBC thing mostly. Then we saw how awful it felt to have a zombie version of an instance buffed up with Naxx. Then we saw ZG/ZA. I don't think ANYONE is wanting this.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

  17. #17
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    I can understand the reuse of naxx in WOTLK as it fit the story line, I can understand to a degree the re-use of Deadmines and SFK as it gave more time on the old zones.

    What possible justification can they come up with for the reuse of SM. Really am getting tired of old content being repackaged as "all new"
    It depends on the story they use here.

    I don't see much benefit in simply keeping everything the same except harder. I would hope that BOTH SM and Scholomance will be used in some way to progress the story.

    For example....what is Sylvanas is tring to recruit the Scourge at Scholomance? What if the Alliance is trying to recruit the SC at the Monastery?

    EJL

  18. #18
    Brewmaster zozobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Storm Peaks
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    hmm, perhaps theyre going to bring the ebon blade back into the fold? kinda curious if the story is going to play out any differently with mograine, perhaps darion will show up?

    I highly doubt it will have any relevance to the expansions plot. Did Deadmines or Shadowfang really have anything to do with Deathwing, or the Twilight's Hammer? Naawwwp.
    Dear forum users,
    I'm sorry the internet hurt your feelings.
    Love,
    -Zozobra

  19. #19
    like i said on my other post stop bitching about it if u dont wanna do the new version just do the original in my opinion they should do it with more i would love to see a Heroic version of Strat and not the COT one the one we farm to get the horse also its a cool way to visit old content in a refresh way, also i rather have that they do this than with that they did to ZG cause they eliminated the original form of the place atleast this way they keep the original for those that like doing them for fun to remember the times of past and a new version to have new fun

  20. #20
    Personally, I'm definitely looking forward to this. I loved the fights, loved the weapons, loved the zones. I can't wait to see how it plays out with my actual max level characters doing it, and going for achieves. (Kill Whitemane before the guy? Kill them simultaneously?) It'll be a blast.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

    Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •