Poll: Would you like this type of system implemented?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anybody else remember BG tokens?

Nostalgia Thread inc!!!!

Anyways... I kinda liked the token system better. It gave you reason to que up for a certain bg, at any given time.

Would you guys like this kind of system in todays wow?

it got kind of ridiculous once there was more than 3 bgs. and then you just turned em in for honor anyways.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    it got kind of ridiculous once there was more than 3 bgs. and then you just turned em in for honor anyways.
    this pretty much. wouldnt want it back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I turned them in for honor, nothing else. I only used them once to buy my PvP mounts. I think the current system beats the mark one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

I remember when getting WSG rep was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier.
    Atm its slowest by rep gain BG out there.
    AB goes almost twice as fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was fun for the time but, much like dungeon and raid tokens, it got really out of hand and is very dated now.

I don't think tokens would be a good idea, but definitely an option to narrow your choice of BGs, given how many there already are, and how many more there'll be in MoP.

Deleted
    It indeed got pretty annoying when they added more Battlegrounds and you had to get a certain token. Still, I prefer the token system more than what we got now.

''I need 6 of this token now, let's queue for Alterac Valley, and 1 more from Warsong Gulch, and I got my legs.''

To me this felt a lot better, but it will be too ridiculous if they add tokens now to all the Battlegrounds we have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes and it was terrible... If you had 100+ of them you'd get them in your mail and then your mail was full and you had to delete those tokens to get the tokens from the mail to get your regular mail.

I think it works better now.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it was fun but it got to cluttered after a while.

Deleted
    Nah,the system made us feel forced to do certain BG's which admittedly,not all of them appeal to everyone.
    I for once didn't enjoy having to farm 30 WSG marks for a piece of gloves.And with 3 marks per win and 1 per loss,at the time being it felt like ages.

They were great when they could be turned in for rep. Other than that I'm glad they're gone from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    I remember when getting WSG rep was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier.
    Atm its slowest by rep gain BG out there.
    AB goes almost twice as fast.
    And AV rep goes about 100x as fast. If you get a rep-farming team, you can go Neutral to Exalted in one, maybe two games.

I think each system had benefits. Didn't like SotA? You still had a reason to try to win, instead of gripe the whole time. However, you also only queued for what you needed. So... meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

vanilla grand marshal reporting in... Although my memory is horrible.. I vaguely remember WSG tokens.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

They would be fine if there was just 1 kind you got from any BG.

Edit: Just realized that's exactly what honor is ><

15+ Year Old Account
    While I don't necessarily "<3" random BG's, the old purchasing system was horrid. I am so glad it's dead and buried. may it stay that way forever.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

I remember mailbox being full of tokens.

Queue times are lower with randoms, and I usually don't care which one I get.

Deleted
    They were always fing capped. God I hated that.

Deleted
    Yes, getting the AB ones, which i needed the most of, and the horde always won so i only got 1 as opposed to 3, was hell.