Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Any change to Scholo can only be a change for the better. Seriously, that place was a pain from day 1. Half of the people complaining here never ran it 10man... Not sure where all that nostalgia is coming from, because that place does not deserve it.

So where are people pulling this fact out of their asses that the Scholomance/Scarlet Monastery stories are NOT being updated and are exactly the same? I see a lot of people claiming it with absolutely no facts/source to back it up.

The nostalgia glasses in this thread are absolutely ridiculous. Scholomance was not fun, it was long, tedious, with too much trash, and incredibly boring bosses outside of Gandling, whose "Teleport you into a room with undead monsters" was almost revolutionarily novel for its time.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Dear god, why can't they just add new hallways with bosses and loot if they like them so much? Why the fuck do they keep butchering all the good old instances? Don't try to fix what isn't broken. Damn you Blizzard!
    The low level instance will still be there. You can access either the new "heroic" version or the old version.

---------- Post added 2012-01-01 at 02:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    So where are people pulling this fact out of their asses that the Scholomance/Scarlet Monastery stories are NOT being updated and are exactly the same? I see a lot of people claiming it with absolutely no facts/source to back it up.

The nostalgia glasses in this thread are absolutely ridiculous. Scholomance was not fun, it was long, tedious, with too much trash, and incredibly boring bosses outside of Gandling, whose "Teleport you into a room with undead monsters" was almost revolutionarily novel for its time.
    I agree, coming from a low pop server near the end of classic...it was nearly impossible to find a group for scholo, and ones that did hardly ever made it through. I think the only dungeon that I had a longer 1 run time in was a full BRD run.

But I loved my barov trinket lol.

Identical weapon models with bigger numbers tagged on?

Dear god, why can't they just add new hallways with bosses and loot if they like them so much? Why the fuck do they keep butchering all the good old instances? Don't try to fix what isn't broken. Damn you Blizzard!
    this + ^^

Blizz is getting way too lazy and I will have to go back to the exciting days of chess and checkers.
    You can't have Manslaughter without the Laughter

Quote Originally Posted by LichslayerX View Post
    I remember when you had to 10 or 15 man it because it was End game. I also remember Original Andorhal.
    You never *had* to. It was long and tedious, and required a commitment of most normal people's entire evening playtime prior to people getting raid gear, but it was perfectly doable if you had a group of 5 intelligent people who worked together on target prioritization and crowd control.

I did it as part of a normal 5 man group, along with both sides of Strath, in 5 mans way back in Vanilla when most raid groups were wiping on Magmadar and Onyxia. I found some dedicated people that wanted to complete the quests that required doing it outside of a raid, and we made it happen. It was one of the most enjoyable times of my time playing WoW, and we continued together as a regular group right up until the middle of Burning Crusade

Deleted
    Blizzard why?
    Scholomance was a great dungeon even if it was by far the longest in Vanilla. It was considered ''end-game'' but if you have 5 intelligent people it was doable. Yeah as people said it might be a pain for new players, but isn't that what the new dungeon map system is for? Also it will be good for them to experience a dungeon made in Vanilla so why change it

Quote Originally Posted by Magellanmini View Post
    Blizzard why?
    Scholomance was a great dungeon even if it was by far the longest in Vanilla. It was considered ''end-game'' but if you have 5 intelligent people it was doable. Yeah as people said it might be a pain for new players, but isn't that what the new dungeon map system is for? Also it will be good for them to experience a dungeon made in Vanilla so why change it
    Scholomance was one of the longest in vanilla? I have to disagree with you here, UBRS/LBRS are much, much, much, longer. Upper black rock spire used to take 3-5 hours to complete.

Scholomance was not a great dungeon. It was not laid out well at all, it required significant back tracking, PUGs tended to skip as many bosses as possible, etc.

Changing it for heroic is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nafan View Post
    The old lower level version will remain accessible for lower level characters.

Guys. You don't need to flip out about the new dungeon. Seriously. -_-
    LOL new???

Quote Originally Posted by macnuke View Post
    this + ^^

Blizz is getting way too lazy and I will have to go back to the exciting days of chess and checkers.
    Too late. MoP has already ruined checkers. But at least chess has never been recycled...

NOOOO!!!

i dont like when they revamp old content, but since they do it anyway i hope they keep the original challenge it was,not another naxx 2.0 cus that dont show the real pain in the ass that was scholomance in classic

Quote Originally Posted by Iblis824 View Post

Scholomance was not a great dungeon. It was not laid out well at all, it required significant back tracking, PUGs tended to skip as many bosses as possible, etc.
    Significant backtracking? Wut wut wut? O.o

30 second walk back from the pit with that skeleton dude is signifigant? Or similiar from Ras and if someone happend to go to bottom to kill that multiplying lady, from there too. Total 90 seconds of backtracking. Damn. Fucking signifigant waste of time right there.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

It will be awesome people just QQing now

10+ Year Old Account
    IF DM, SFK and ZG are anything to go off of this is going to be great!

I love the revamped dungeons. More, I say, MORE!

Deleted
    I know right, bring back old Strat/Scholo/UBRS/LBRS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nafan View Post
    The old lower level version will remain accessible for lower level characters.

Guys. You don't need to flip out about the new dungeon. Seriously. -_-
    You're right, people don't know how to read they act like the instance is getting completely redone for BOTH high and low level versions

Scholomance had nothing on Sunken Temple if you want to talk confusing dungeon layout and objectives. Up the stairs, down the stairs, around the same looking corridors and rooms and trying to click on the statues in the necessary order to proceed. Ugh

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how all the blizzard fanboys are come out of the woodwork to defend cheap, lazy reuse of old content. Many of the same people would likely defend blizzard if they were to add an instance that was a square white room with a square black cube in the middle that you hit until it exploded and dropped loot.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I love how all the blizzard fanboys are come out of the woodwork to defend cheap, lazy reuse of old content. Many of the same people would likely defend blizzard if they were to add an instance that was a square white room with a square black cube in the middle that you hit until it exploded and dropped loot.
    If they were to make a white room with a black cube in it, it would be 100% new, non-reused content. So then by your logic, you would enjoy Wrath of the Black Cube immensely, wouldn't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Why do we have to be blizzard fanboys? Can't we just like the revamped content? I defend it because I'd like to see more
    Last edited by Porimlys; 2012-01-10 at 11:31 AM.