10+ Year Old Account

PSU making odd sound. Need assistance asap please

Hi guys, my PSU is Corsair HX1050

I've had no issues with my PSU, but just today its started making high-pitched humming sound. It's not loud, but it is still audible with the TV on.

It occurs when I plug in the power cord, I dont even have to turn the PSU on, and will continue to occur until turned off (the PSU, not the computer.)

I've cleaned the dust filter on the bottom of the case (Corsair 650D) to see if dust was the cause, but there is no change its still making the sound.

It honestly sounds to me like its the AC cord, when I put my ear right next to the Cord going into the PSU, it's as loud as It can be.
    It also gets louder when the Computer is turned on, from a bearable state when the computer is off.

Anyone had this issue, or have any ideas on what to do to fix it?
    Thnx
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a Corsair PSU and what you are experiencing is coil whine... It sucks and I have to turn off the PSU to sleep... Its a corsair thing... Furthermore your PSU is ok just annoying...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 2r4w View Post
    I have a Corsair PSU and what you are experiencing is coil whine... It sucks and I have to turn off the PSU to sleep... Its a corsair thing... Furthermore your PSU is ok just annoying...
    It sure as hell is. I've completely loved this new build for the month i've had it. Now I just want to throw the PSU at the wall. It's strange to me that its occuring from the AC cord -> PSU socket. I've opened up the case when the PC is on, put my head as close to the PSU as possible without killing myself, and its about 50x quieter than when I put my ear on the back of the case, where the AC cord enters the PSU.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins