Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Rated BGs are superb! These are such biased claims!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
    yeah wrath was an extension on wc3 not cataclysm
    Frozen throne was extension to wc3, WoW classic was extension to wc3: frozen throne, tbc was extension to classic, wrath was extension to tbc.

Thats how the story goes....

i wasn't aware that Blizzard was trying to hide this fact.

on a similar note did you know that Warhammer cared more for pvp than pve?
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Frozen throne was extension to wc3, WoW classic was extension to wc3: frozen throne, tbc was extension to classic, wrath was extension to tbc.

Thats how the story goes....
    Exactly, the game was about story and their goal was to bring it even more alive within World of Warcraft, PvP was not on their mind at the time, it was only added in as a side feature. The OP expects more than what is given from Blizzard, despite PvP being the side feature of the game.. Get used to it DragonSoul, they're not going to change it anytime soon, not while Metzen is around and I support their decision.

I suggest you try taking your self-entitlement elsewhere, because PvP has changed tenfold since Vanilla, back then you never got the luxuries you have now, remember the "High Warlord" title? Back then only that title granted you access to epic PvP weapons and guess what? It only applied to the top contributor, these days it's different so be grateful.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2011-12-30 at 03:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah wrath was an extension on wc3 not cataclysm
    Yeah, guy, get your stories straight, Deathwing is from WC2, not WC3... even though that was a game telling a story.

If Blizzard cared more about PvP than PvE, Their sub base wouldn't be anywhere close to where it is atm.

Go ahead and look at large decline in Arena Teams

http://www.arenajunkies.com/tools/ti...ator/?season=3
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/tools/ti...tor/?season=10

first off the return key is your friend second im not a casual PVPer since i have 5 items of cataclysmic PVP gear and i cant be bothered to read the rest of what you said cos it hurts my eyes
    Quick question: what's your highest arena rating

---------- Post added 2011-12-30 at 03:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Cynical- View Post
    If Blizzard cared more about PvP than PvE, Their sub base wouldn't be anywhere close to where it is atm.

Go ahead and look at large decline in Arena Teams

http://www.arenajunkies.com/tools/ti...ator/?season=3
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/tools/ti...tor/?season=10
    Back in season 3 you had to PAY to make teams too!

but that is a pretty startling decline.
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

PVE:
    1. great looking gear with flash shoulders etc
    2.earn lots of money
    3.LFR exploit fixed within days
    4. lots of content in a expansion

PVP:
    1. arena gear seems to just be re coloured versions of its older version (s11 cataclysmic starting a new look for it tho)
    2. you earn 0 money in PVP and dnt say loot players they give u like 20 silver
    3.LFR was fixed fast yet botters still run wild in PVP and its exactly the same ppl exploiting the game for gear and now botters can get arena gear
    4.2 new battlegrounds, 1 arena season im not including rated bg's there fail.
    1. In PvP you don't want to be noticed from 10 miles away and have the enemy say " AH! RANDOM CLASS INC KEEELL!!! (/facepalm for wanting flashy shoulders)

2. Doing 1-2 85 lvl dailies will last you for a whole day of deaths in PvP. Come back when you have 150g repairs after a few deaths.

3. Raids are server-sided which means they can be fixed with hotfixes. PvP is Client vs. Client and most software can go unnoticed.

4. PvE does not change with time and gear. Bosses remain the same so new content is mandatory. In PvP you always get new enemies, with new strategies and continuously better gear. And anyway I thought that was a major positive that PvPers use against PvEers : "PvP is more fun because it always changes" isn't this what they say?

4.5 Because your team fails in RBGs it doesn't mean they're fail.

Also want me to remind you of the Starsurge nerf (and I'm sure of many other nerfs) because of PvP, that changed the whole priority system of Boomkins?

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Okay when you say it like this, it makes more sense. But keep in mind that this is different depending on whether you're in a 10 or a 25 man guild. You couldn't really afford to bring an Enhancement Shaman for progress fights and bench your Hunter last Tier. Simply because (assuming gear level is roughly the same) that you're loosing out on dps. On a boss like Baleroc HM (pre nerf), you really needed every bit of dps possible, thus bringing in the best classes/specs and not the player.

So yeah, with this post you just made, I'll agree to some extend. But what keeps PvP'ers from re-rolling to another toon or to change their spec if they're a Hybrid class? My point is that having people change their spec/re-roll in a PvE scenario can and will affect a whole raid, possibly forcing someone else to do the same just to have a proper setup.
    Yeah I'm not saying there wouldn't be some bumps along the road nor am I saying blizzard shouldn't do their best to balance both aspects of this game... I'm just of the oppionion that the implications on PvP is harsher then in PvE. That being said making a spec useless in PvE or PvP at casual-semi hardcore level isn't acceptable, most times you can get by using specs that isn't ultimate in PvE though and I know the same could be said about PvP but that really depends on what you aim for.

Also when a boss is basicly unbeatable because you got the wrong classes(even if they are close to BiS geared) there is something wrong with the encounter itself imo, sometimes you might need to spend an extra week or two getting more gear etc but sometimes a boss might need a slight tweak/nerf.

I get what you are saying though.
    It's complicated, PvEers blame PvP for anything thats wrong with the game lol... and PvPers despise PvE. :P
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

first off the return key is your friend second im not a casual PVPer since i have 5 items of cataclysmic PVP gear and i cant be bothered to read the rest of what you said cos it hurts my eyes

---------- Post added 2011-12-30 at 02:44 PM ----------

what i dnt get is that PVE players think that PVP players deserve nothing and no updates or anything i pay the same montly fee as your parents do for you so why should i get half assed content its like me going to a store and buying a pair of shoes with no laces or insoles
    When you can't be fucked to use punctuation of any form, I'd refrain from telling others how to type.

OT:

Like many others have said, WoW was designed as a PvE game with PvP options to do on the side for the individuals that enjoy that sort of thing. Regardless of how popular PvP has gotten since (mostly due to turning it into an e-sport with the arena) PvE will always be the main focus of the game. The original battle grounds, as well as world pvp and dueling, were there for shits n' giggles, nothing more. It was in no way important to the main story of the game, and, being that this is a Role-playing game, was and always will be lower in priority to the actual story-driven aspect of the game, PvE. After it became more popular later on, Blizzard realized, "Oh shit, we could really make some money off this PvP stuff." and created the Arena to draw in more players, only interested in competitive PvP, who would never have played WoW otherwise. But the fact remains that the entire foundations, and mechanics, and all systems in the game were designed around PvE. Fully balanced PvP is impossible in a system created specifically for PvE.
    Last edited by Khaowdruid; 2011-12-30 at 03:38 PM.

if there was no interest of making WoW a pvp game, then story should of just continued where it left off at the end of warcraft 3, with the horde and alliance as allies in a truce with the night elves, and Wotlk would of happened right after Vanilla (meaning there would be no TBC)

anyway, that developer is more ignorant then the people who hate pvp, pvp design was always there and im assuming he always hated it, so he decides "yeah lets get EVERYONE to switch to pve in cataclysm" that didnt work..... 2 million subscribers lost over silly easy to fix issues that where ignored because "there was no effect on the pve game" this isnt a developer who wants to make a game, this is a developer who wants his own live internet sandbox full of people paying him to mess with them

mind you, blizzard lead devs have never been quite with it in modern game design, indeed last time i checked there where 2 developers who firmly believed in pure class dps dominance (meaning if your not a warlock/mage/rogue/hunter your not supposed to do dps) which is another example of "lets mess with people by making a bunch of classes that explode people and another bunch of classes that basically wait on them)

because in all honesty, if you where never given the illusion of a dps option then would u play a hybrid? the answer is no, because leveling up a resto shaman before the invention of dungeon finder is nearly impossible

that comes right back to pvp, they make pvp utility, they update pvp utilliy, they call WoW a pve game, this is wrong if pve was ment to dominate this game, enhancement shamans mw5 would not of been fixed, mechanics like ring of frost wouldn't be made

you understand that... when you say this isnt a pvp game but you want to keep the pvp crowd, that means its a pvp game
    Last edited by madatom; 2011-12-30 at 03:40 PM. Reason: i have to bold and enlarge a section

Quote Originally Posted by madatom View Post
    WORDS
    So, because LoL has a system where you can fight on a team against bots, it's a PvE game? And therefore, they should strive to balance the game around playing vs. Bots just as much or more than playing against human summoners?

No. It's a PvP game, with a PvE element added for those that enjoy it and choose to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaowdruid View Post
    So, because LoL has a system where you can fight on a team against bots, it's a PvE game? And therefore, they should strive to balance the game around playing vs. Bots just as much or more than playing against human summoners?

No. It's a PvP game, with a PvE element added for those that enjoy it and choose to play it.
    LoL with bots, is still a pvp game
    its the same as unreal tournament with bots or counter strike with bots

that's... a really silly thing to say knaowdruid

PVE:
    1. great looking gear with flash shoulders etc
    2.earn lots of money
    3.LFR exploit fixed within days
    4. lots of content in a expansion

PVP:
    1. arena gear seems to just be re coloured versions of its older version (s11 cataclysmic starting a new look for it tho)
    2. you earn 0 money in PVP and dnt say loot players they give u like 20 silver
    3.LFR was fixed fast yet botters still run wild in PVP and its exactly the same ppl exploiting the game for gear and now botters can get arena gear
    4.2 new battlegrounds, 1 arena season im not including rated bg's there fail.

so blizzard obviously are always gonna give the middle finger to PVP players, botting will continue even tho blizzard filed a lawsuit on piroxbot to stop maintaining it in january but that doesnt mean anything there will just be some other chinese dude who makes another bot program and the cycle will repeat, the need to make some specific software for bots that must be installed for wow or you cant login so it can protect us like a wow firewall if you will.
    How many times have classes been nerfed because of pvp? Maybe you just care about PVP more.

Quote Originally Posted by madatom View Post
    LoL with bots, is still a pvp game
    its the same as unreal tournament with bots or counter strike with bots

that's... a really silly thing to say knaowdruid
    Head...

...desk

PCs (player characters) fighting against NPCs (non-player characters) is defined as Player VS Environment (PvE). LoL has PvE options, in that you can play as a team against Bots (NPCs).

You said basically that, because WoW has PvP options, it's a PvP game.

By that definition, LoL is a PvE game.

Which is wrong.
    Last edited by Khaowdruid; 2011-12-30 at 04:31 PM.

Whats funny, Blizzard realized what a mistake it was to their game by adding arena to WoW. It has done nothing but ruined the PVE aspect of the game, with all these dumbass nerfs and such.

So PvP fans (or rather arena fans) this game is solely based for PVE, has been since beginning, will be for the rest of the games existence. PvP will always be on the side. Always. End of story.

and whats with this hooplah that PvP gear looks terrible this season. That paladin set looks fucking way more badass than the PvE set. Hell I like them all. They have that, "come at me, I'll rip your fucking face off look to em".
    Last edited by Shinoashi; 2011-12-30 at 04:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP got banned for a month.

If a post is bad, it does not absolve your responsibility to follow the forum rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE