Poll: Do you always click "Need" when you can?

Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

Cool Do you NEED on everything you can in LFR?

Do you click "NEED" on everything that drops in LFR even if you already own the item or if its useless?

p.s I do just to cover repairs. I also "Need" to trade / sell to others on my realm and make huge profits. I run as a tank and often run with a druid tank in my guild so i automatically win the tanking kit anyway.

Also i have to say i don't mind when i loose to people doing the same as me. Why? well because the LFR loot is useless to everyone really when you think about it.

If your a guild that just runs normal mode then your going to upgrade you kit fast anyway the LFR stuff is useless.
    If your a heroic progressing guild again your going to replace it fast anyway.
    If your a guild that just runs LFR then the loot is pointless as you can do LFR in blues if you wanted.

The only point in LFR loot is quick tier sets and trinkets that will soon be replaced or kit for transmogrify in the future.

So i really don't see why people QQ so much if they loose to others.. Just stop it and click Need like most people do in LFR and don't get burnt if you loose as the loots pointless anyway just grind your VP and get better kit.

Here is an add-on that will automatically "Need" on everything you can need on and "greed" on everything you cant need on. http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/autoconfirmloot
    Last edited by Domiku; 2011-12-30 at 03:05 PM.

Deleted
    Your point of view would be all good and well, up to the point where there's 2 people actually needing an item, except one person has 10 guildies in the raid who also need to give it to him, and the other person has no guildies.

At that point (that you apparently reach quite often), you're nothing more than a greedy selfish bastard who plays the game to exploit and mess with others rather than to have fun.

Not that that's against any sort of rule offcourse; just pointing it out.

I'll click need only on stuff that I plan on equipping and using. I won't need on items that aren't for me, e.g. agility trinkets on my Paladin. I also won't need on copies, unless more than one of the same item drops from the boss. Then I'll need on them all and trade extras to other people.

I won't need on stuff that I could use to trade for other items. I will need on offspec items though, but that's only because I know I won't get the roll bonus. So I'll only get the item if the main speccers don't want it, which is fair enough to me.

All these ways of gaming the system just leave a bad taste in my mouth. I don't care about the idea that 'others do it so I should too in order to get what I want'. I have my pride and my integrity. I'll play the game the way it's meant to be played, and with respect and common decency for the other people who are also playing.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Domiku: Man, I'd really love if WoW had fewer players like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Second this.

OP is waht is wrong with the community nowadays. Nobody behaved like that back in vanilla.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    People like him will be the death of WoW.

Deleted
    I only need on things I can actually use. Whether that's for OS or MS I don't care but I don't need on things I have no intention of using. Mainly because doing that would make me a selfish ignorant twat....

Deleted
    Dirty ninja,alot people need the gear and you just vendor it wtf.

Deleted
    you srsly roll on items to "cover repair cost"?

if someone in my guild admitted to doing that I'd kick him or leave the guild myself.

Yea I need on everything, trying to sell them. Have gotten kicked a couple of times already tho so I figured out that u should start selling after the final boss is down.

Im kinda going with the saying, why do I need LFR Items when im gonna replace em by Normal Version anyway?
    But do I need Money? Yeah I need money

Your reason for rolling need is you want to equip and use it? My reason is i want to sell it and repair the better items i have equip. Both are valid your needing the item to do something with it. It is not a Ninja is blizzard let you roll on the item i still have something i wish to do with it.

My logic is if i don't do this someone else will. Yes its morally wrong but who cares its a game i'm never going to speak / see these people are there virtual pixels again. This is my mentality and the thought of many others also.

Hopefully i will see nearly everyone clicking "need" in the LFR runs i am in also. It's fair cop if you ask me. The loots useless anyway as i said go get VP kit or normal/heroic kit. You never really "need" anything in WoW you only ever "Want" items. If your only ever planning to run LFR the only reason your needing anyway if to make your epeen bigger by higher ilvl because the DPS/HPS/Avoidance you have will do little to help you in LFR as its so damn easy.

So yes i need on items to cover my repair cost i am still putting the item i needed to good use. when you win an item and equip it your only going to replace it with VP /normal/heroic kit anyway and eventually also vendor it for gold.
    Last edited by Domiku; 2011-12-30 at 02:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and then I trade it to someone who actually deserves and needs the item if I don't need it. Rewarding those that don't screw up, or helping guildies gear up. And I wouldn't mind if everyone did the same either.

People who sell these items for gold are just silly trolls. Way to be social and stuff.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    Second this.

OP is waht is wrong with the community nowadays. Nobody behaved like that back in vanilla.
    ....EVERYONE behaved WORSE than that in Vanilla. Do you people not remember the fucking LFG channel wars?! The blacklist battles?! Hell on Eldre'Thalas there were entire GUILDS OF NINJAS! They gathered together, and used their forces for EVIL! And it was even worse, because it WAS personal then.
    Then God forbid you were a HWL and still doing battlegrounds, you were gonna get staked, and flamed on the forums, and what did it do? NOTHING! Cause the guys in raids and getting HWL nine times out of ten HAD A GUILD THAT SUPPORTED THEM. And in Vanilla it was AT LEAST FORTY FREAKING PEOPLE! With crafting mats, crafting toons, cooldowns, black lotus farm campers for re-spawn points... these people didn't give TWO SHITS if they got "black listed."

And it wasn't the fucking LFD that destroyed the "community" it was the ABILITY TO TRANSFER TOONS!
    People talk about Rift being awesome because of free server transfers, well what the fuck do you think THAT would do to Wow? Server transfers killed any real community, cause people could fuck their GUILDS over, and then just pay 25 bucks (read the same price as any POS video game for a console) and fuck off to a whole new world.

And yet all these things for all the "evil" they have done and whatever they may or may not have "destroyed" they do a LOT more good than harm, like it or not, cause I'm sorry but as much as some people like to make it sound, black listing, flame wars, and forum drama was not in the least bit fun.

Getting put on ignore cause you ran a 5 man with some fuckhead that stole some shit from some other fuckhead it was cool to run Mara with for NR gear was in no way shape or form what I forked that WHOPPING fifteen dollars a month for.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    ...why do I need LFR Items when im gonna replace em by Normal Version anyway?
    But do I need Money? Yeah I need money

Yea I need on everything...

...why do I need LFR Items when im gonna replace em by Normal Version anyway?

...why do I need LFR Items...

Think I speak for at least the majority if not the vocal one, that you and OP should leave WoW and go play some other shitty game with other shitty people like yourselves
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    p.s I do just to cover repairs. I also "Need" to trade / sell to others on my realm and make huge profits. I run as a tank and often run with a druid tank in my guild so i automatically win the tanking kit anyway.
    So basically you're just being an ass, your repairs are covered by just running the LFR even without getting any loot.
    I can get 100x the gold from just standing in Orgrimmar for 10 minutes rather that doing LFR so it's not really a valid reason.

If your a guild that just runs normal mode then your going to upgrade you kit fast anyway the LFR stuff is useless.
    If your a heroic progressing guild again your going to replace it fast anyway.
    If your a guild that just runs LFR then the loot is pointless as you can do LFR in blues if you wanted.
    You forgot one option.
    You're not not raiding outside of LFR for various reasons in which case the LFR loot will be your BIS except for the slots you can get VP items for.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Your idea of running LFR to cover repair costs is ridiculous.

But keep telling yourself that. Beats admitting you're a bad person.

Your reason for rolling need is you want to equip and use it? My reason is i want to sell it and repair the better items i have equip. Both are valid your needing the item to do something with it.
    Except theres loads of other ways to make gold in the game other than selling BoP epics that someone else might use. You can justify it to yourself any way you want you're still an asshole

---------- Post added 2011-12-30 at 02:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Slanderize View Post
    Getting put on ignore cause you ran a 5 man with some fuckhead that stole some shit from some other fuckhead it was cool to run Mara with for NR gear was in no way shape or form what I forked that WHOPPING fifteen dollars a month for.
    What is this, I don't even...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slanderize View Post
    ....EVERYONE behaved WORSE than that in Vanilla.
    Bullshit. That's all I got to say on that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    i usually que up a few guildies...so I need on stuff that they need to so I can trade it to them if I win it

Greedy people will be greedy, kinda sux for those who need the items that these fools are just vendoring or trying to sell for "huge profits" as the pro ninja at the top of this thread put it. All u can do is pray to not get grouped with these rude (insert angry insult if mine doesnt work for u) people. Sorry for any1 having to deal with this, best of luck to u all.