Poll: Do you always click "Need" when you can?

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    I'll need what I need for DPS & Tanking.

With the Role Bonus, people who deserve it will win it past me, but I still want my shot to help gear up and give benefit to my guild. I'll pass instead of DE / Greed when more then one person needs, so I don't then have to click the confirmation box :P

i do. if i happen to win (which has happened ONE time on ONE toon (i have 10 85s, all did LFR)) my redistribution tactics would be as follows:

A) i needed for me. i equip.
    B) i give the phat loot (lol) to a guildie. he equips.
    C) i give the phat loot (lol) to the person who actually contributed most to the fight and could benefit most from the upgrade. he equips.

i feel comfortable saying that i would have a clear picture of who contributed most, since i raid lead every LFR ive ever done. i do the raid markings, the raid warnings, everything. im running meters, and not just looking at dmg done, but dmg taken, dispels, healing+absorbs, tps, etc. sorry if this makes me an asshole. but, since ive literally won ONE piece of gear on ONE toon since the time this feature was implemented (although i have TEN 85s running this shit) ive never had the opportunity...

Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    Trying to get out of work now but i cant afford it. I have ADHD, depression , anxiety issues (yes, they are real i am no chav i have worked since i was 16) I find it very hard to cope and pull myself from bed most days it gets to the point i have constant nose bleeds, mouth ulcers and someday i cant sleep for more than 1h.

So no i would not work if living was free.
    Domiku- 9/24/2011

I myself have suffered with ADHD from a young age (not just naughty kid syndrome as they call it, i genuinely cant concentrate, avoid social situations, have sleep loss etc etc its not nice!!!!)

How is that relevant? well i avoided social situations and i thought it was because of my ADHD for years i am now 24. I went to the doctors and found it was not my ADHD causing this but it was in fact anxiety issues.
    Domiku-9/23/2011 kinda feel bad for you, hope you get the help you need

10+ Year Old Account
    I only need on what I can use. On my DK it's obviously either tank or DPS gear, depending on what I went in as.
    My mage...well you can only really roll on one type of thing. At least I think so. I usually mouse over and if I see spirit, I roll greed.

I get annoyed when I see people rolling on everything. Especially if they already have the gear. If you need it for repair money, you should be doing dailies! Or using your profession to make money on the AH!

Deleted
    Magical sparkly line of mod warning!

Let's quit it with the "What I've taken from groups untruthfully" show and tell, can we? It only serves to incite flaming and other unnecessary stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    To keep trade doors and the chance for profit open yes, I need on every single thing I can. If somebody wins my trinket I can try and offer then something for it or otherwise auction off pieces, when I manage to win an extra piece though I do intend to be relatively fair

I need on rogue items that I need (that are an upgrade). So do resto/ele shamans and so do moonkins and rogues with better gear mostly.
    Resto or ele (forgot) shaman wins agi ring from hagara. I /w do you need that badly? Cause I sure do, if you wouldn't mind. answer: Yes i do for offspec.
    Stopped playing WoW. 3/4 weeks into 4.3, won 1 item. Can't be arsed any more.
    Don't have time for normal raids due to Working in shifts for 4 months now so LFR was the answer for me.

I don't PvP, can't run 5man dungeons much more or I'll go nuts cause of boredom, lvl'ing new chars has been done enough as it is.
    Raiding was my passion since vanilla, LFR was a nice idea but executed horribly by blizzard.

Gonna do some other games till Diablo III arrives and see how that will work out for me.

It's not a QQ post either cause I did seem to lose interest in WoW a lot lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    Second this.

OP is waht is wrong with the community nowadays. Nobody behaved like that back in vanilla.
    This is a hoary old lie.

I always need all, if already have the item, I give to someone who deserves the item, never to carrys

Deleted
    The system encourages you to take all since you can do it with impunity.

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Most of the time I do, I feel the Karma catching up to me, winning every piece I do not need and missing on the ones I want.

Do you click "NEED" on everything that drops in LFR even if you already own the item or if its useless?

p.s I do just to cover repairs. I also "Need" to trade / sell to others on my realm and make huge profits. I run as a tank and often run with a druid tank in my guild so i automatically win the tanking kit anyway.

Also i have to say i don't mind when i loose to people doing the same as me. Why? well because the LFR loot is useless to everyone really when you think about it.

If your a guild that just runs normal mode then your going to upgrade you kit fast anyway the LFR stuff is useless.
    If your a heroic progressing guild again your going to replace it fast anyway.
    If your a guild that just runs LFR then the loot is pointless as you can do LFR in blues if you wanted.

The only point in LFR loot is quick tier sets and trinkets that will soon be replaced or kit for transmogrify in the future.

So i really don't see why people QQ so much if they loose to others.. Just stop it and click Need like most people do in LFR and don't get burnt if you loose as the loots pointless anyway just grind your VP and get better kit.

Here is an add-on that will automatically "Need" on everything you can need on and "greed" on everything you cant need on. http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/autoconfirmloot
    I pose this question to you OP:..
    While in a guild raid regardless of using lootmaster or not do you roll and every item you could likely use whether you have it or not?
    I think not because you have to 'live' w/ these very same ppl and are therefore responsible for your action as you will have to see these very same ppl everyday?
    So then I ask that why do you(and others0 fell compelled to screw ppl over if it is apparent that you may likely never meet again? Is it because you can do so w/ out and risk of consequences? I would say that is exactly why and when presented w/ said opportunity, you and others like you will inevitably show your 'true colors' and do the dickish thing if for no other reason than you can! That is the problem w/ the current community now as it stands. Most will screw an anonymous person over just for a meager benefit while dicking said person out of a possibly substantial upgrade in the process! That in itself shows lack of character on your part and just how greedy the general public is in today society! The whole "I do it because everyone else does!" excuse is just a cop-out too!

10+ Year Old Account
    From today and onward, I will.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I'll roll need on something I need, and not if I have a better item.