Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 1.7 early goodies

So, the New Year is just two days away and thoughts turn to Patch 1.7 , not much is known but the Rogue lead dev has started the ball rolling with some proposed Rogue changes hitting the PTS next week...

Upcoming Rogue changes for 1.7

Just want to notify everyone about the upcoming changes. We hope to push these to the test server in a week.

Bladedancer

Blade Finesse: Functionality has been changed. It now increases the Attack Power bonus of your Finishers by 5-25%. This bonus is applied only to attacks with melee weapons.

Combat Expertise: Functionality has been changed. It now increases the Attack Power bonus of your Combo Point generating abilities by 5-25%. This bonus is applied only to attacks with melee weapons.

Combat Culmination: Functionality has been changed. Your Finishers cause Physical attacks to ignore 1-3% of your target's armor per Combo Point for 10 seconds.

Ranger

King of the Jungle: It now increases pet damage by 20%, up from 10%. For every point in the Ranger’s soul above 21, it increases pet damage by 6%, up from 3%.

Feral Aggression: Increases Crit Hit chance and also pet damage by 100% for 15 seconds. Cooldown is reduced from 2 mins to 1 min.

Pin Down: Cooldown is reduced from 3 mins to 1 min.

Diffuse: Cooldown is reduced from 3 mins to 1 min.

Assassin’s Poisons and Nightblade Weapon Enchantments

Assassin: The Attack Power contribution to the damage from poisons has been increased.

Assassin: Leeching Poison: The Attack Power contribution to the healing from Leeching Poison has been increased.

Nightblade: The Attack Power contribution to the damage from weapon enchantments has been increased.

These changes are not yet final and will be subjected to change based on feedback and parses.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ges-1-7-a.html

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    hitting the PTS next week...
    Keywords. I have been watching the pts and Trion has had some serious quiet time in the month of December. The world event ends 1/4/2012, so yeah would be interesting to see wtf they got planned.

http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...tion-rotp.html

This also: .

We have a couple of other things in the works, we'll surprise you later.
    ^ wtf does that mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Keywords. I have been watching the pts and Trion has had some serious quiet time in the month of December. The world event ends 1/4/2012, so yeah would be interesting to see wtf they got planned.
    One can only guess that they took so family time for themselves and I don't expect alot of development was done in late December. (I'm probably wrong) they deserved some RnR I would expect to see January and February to roll out lots of new stuff.

My totallllllll guess for 1.7 is this:
    World event leading up to the next raid (Guild invites go out in January to start testing Infernal Dawn)
    I fully expect to see two new chronicles for Hammerknell: Catacombs and River of Souls
    Possibly third tier of PA?
    Rank 9 and 10 pvp gear?
    Tier 2.5 or Tier 3 pve sets

Outside of that anything else will sock me because honestly 1.7 is probably 43 days after 1.6 which was a gig in size lol

Deleted
    1.7 is probably 43 days after 1.6 which was a gig in size lol
    as much as i'd love this i do not see 1.7 being 43 days after 1.6, i want it , i just dont see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu82 View Post
    as much as i'd love this i do not see 1.7 being 43 days after 1.6, i want it , i just dont see it.
    Well then wtf is the date on the world event. It is not like I am pulling his date out of my ass lol. if you got any ideas I want to hear them because I am lost on this one. I am expecting something on 1/4/2012 I just got no clue what it is.

Deleted
    Well then wtf is the date on the world event. It is not like I am pulling his date out of my ass lol. if you got any ideas I want to hear them because I am lost on this one. I am expecting something on 1/4/2012 I just got no clue what it is.
    please dont get me wrong, i wasnt saying you were wrong at all mate. its just that the rogue dev implied changes were coming on the PTS in the next week, there has been no other news, devs were quiet over christmas, i just strongly doubt a 1.7 on the 4th, i know their average time for patches is around the 40 day mark, but that didnt take a major holiday into account. i read a lot of your posts, i wasnt calling you a lair, i merely said i doubted it would be the 4th. i may stand to be wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing phase 1 of a world event is likely by said date anything beyond that I would be surprised.

I think they said The Fae Yule was going to be their last fluff world event and that future ones are going to be a bit more exciting and impactful.
    I too expect 1.7 with a dynamic event for ID mid-late January and then 1.8 with the opening mid-late Feb. (sooner is better)
    Did you guys get asked to test Azuri?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Did you guys get asked to test Azuri?
    Nope, we aren't the most hardcore of the guilds. I think overall we were like world 19th so I don't know how many guilds they actually ask to participate but 19 seems a bit low on the list.

I have to guess January 11th for 1.7 because, well no one else has guessed it yet, and the 4th may have been intended because that's when the fae yule ends, but not sure if 1.7 would kick off the next world event or just the patch, with the next minor update being the world event, and minor update after being the raid. 1.7 having more content such as a new zone or undiscovered part of ember isle, really its just speculation and wishful thinking. I don't think its like trion to go more than a week or two with no new updates and no world events active.

maybe the new zone/part of ember isle with ID could even be in 1.6 minor patch, then 1.7 kicking off the new world event on the 11th, at most the 18th. I think they had a skeleton crew over christmas (which is good, let them visit families) because I didn't see many trion posters on their forums. and because of christmas they may have pushed back 1.7 a week after the 4th.

just speculation but if I were a betting man, this is what I'd wager. may as well get the game from uk.gamesplanet now because sale ends january 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Nope, we aren't the most hardcore of the guilds. I think overall we were like world 19th so I don't know how many guilds they actually ask to participate but 19 seems a bit low on the list.
    Yeah probably.
    I got the GM of <Terrible Idea> in my random T2 the other day, he said they were asked to test a fair while ago but haven't gone in yet.

Is 1.7 already being tested on PTS?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Is 1.7 already being tested on PTS?
    This coming week. Just waiting on the build to be pushed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still snooping around on the PTS looking for extra 'fluff' and noticed one of the PvP vendors now sells 'Social Clothing'..
    Basically it's just the Rank 3-4, maybe higher PvP sets you can now purchase with favour...what's interesting, and annoying, is that the pieces require Prestige Ranks to buy, starting off at Rank 3 and ramping up to Rank 37!

As we know by now, no more T1's in Patch 1.7, they've been converted to T2's....

Also Master Mode DSM is in the game, didn't get a chance to run through it yet
    Finally, for the lazy slack...a new Porticulum has been added to Gloamwood at Tearfall run

Seeing those screen shots makes we realize how shitty my computer is. Oh well just 1 month to go until the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Rank 37!
    hope there's a fun warfront this weekend, only up to prestige rank 3, but then I don't pvp much

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    Seeing those screen shots makes we realize how shitty my computer is. Oh well just 1 month to go until the new one.
    Then you can see the pure awesomeness that is master DD. The water and shadow/light affects in there amaze me every single time I'm in there.

I fail to understand what putting high Favor costs on the costume version of PvP gear achieves.
    Surely once you are at the point that you can buy it you'd just buy the actual PvP gear and then start saving fro your next piece?

I really want the p8 Mage shoulders for looks but can't be bothered getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I fail to understand what putting high Favor costs on the costume version of PvP gear achieves.
    Surely once you are at the point that you can buy it you'd just buy the actual PvP gear and then start saving fro your next piece?

I really want the p8 Mage shoulders for looks but can't be bothered getting there.
    do the pvp costume and pve gear look the same? I don't think they will. the high favor is to make it more rare and available as vanity/bragging rights for the hardcore pvpers.