Thread: LFR Griefing

Thumbs down LFR Griefing

MMO Offers a prize for being nice in a raid. I sign as DPS for Fall of Deathwing hoping for a fresh 4 boss run. Everytime the queue pops, it's 3/4. I had a feeling i didn't want to join, but at the time of morning there was little option, so i thought I might aswell.

At the moment of zoning in, they are on Madness of Deathwing, with 17 people in raid, and a healer starts the encounter. As you would expect, most people just rushed to try to make things happen, and then one of the Priests healgrips a tank away into the void between platforms. What people are left, die fast, apart from the Priest and another Druid who keep bouncing between platforms to keep each other alive. Then it dawns on me that they are doing this on purpose. It's the only LFR in the battlegroup, they are healers, and the shortage is healing.... They know this raid is going nowhere without them, and we know it's going nowhere with them.

'You cannot initiate any more vote kicks' was the message of the day. How about once you have been voted by 5 different people 5 different times in one day, auto ban for 24 hours for griefing?

Stupidly, I mass res. 4 people stay dead, 15 total in raid, now a Retadin starts the encounter. Apparently this had been going on for up to an hour before I got there. It went on for over an hour while I was there. Even leaving the raid and re-queueing just got everyone back in the same raid. In the end I had to try damn hard to stop everyone from ressing and just running in to feed the trolls, some of those who waited wouldnt wait any longer and left, the Griefers would be vote kicked and immediately end up back in raid taunting anyone in raid. Someone else would votekick, they would get straight back in.

This wasn't a 8pm in the evening kids match, it was 6am server time, you know, when the kids are asleep

Whilst I would love to say which HC raiding guild the druid is an active member of on my server (Silvermoon EU) my understanding on naming and shaming on different forums tells me I shouldn't.

Thoughts....?

its all some ppl have to make them feel better, let them enjoy there small moment of significance, would i be any better if i let it ruin my day?

my suggestion in that situation would be to close wow, enjoy a relaxing substance(choice is yours), call up some friends and go out, watch a movie, play cards, well at 3am some of those might not work but some still will. ppl causing problems in wow are, with out a doubt, the least of my concerns. i mean really who's life is so empty that they are truly upset by these ppl?
    Last edited by Mixon; 2011-12-30 at 04:15 PM.

Sounds like kids with nothing better to do.

Why didn't you open a ticket while this was happening (for a few hours, by your account)?

Quote Originally Posted by armone View Post
    Sounds like kids with nothing better to do.

Why didn't you open a ticket while this was happening (for a few hours, by your account)?

'Current wait time 1 day 17 hours'

Tickets were made by the ones of us who were staying, at least 5 tickets.

@Mixon, I was relaxing aaaaaaaall evening, no worries there What happened didnt upset me, it's just the dissappointment that Natural Selection didn't quite work out all that well. When you know you can't tell someone they are doing wrong because they know they are doing wrong and you fuel them. Knowing you have to sit back and take their grief (yes I could call friends up at 3am, but i don't think their better halves would be too impressed ) because they are allowed to do what they want, but you cannot do what you want because they can do what they want. I've dealt with bigger fish, the hardest thing was to get people to stop zoning in after res, all i wanted to do was to stop feeding the trolls. Eventually we did defeat MoD, but with hours wasted. Great fun!

Best solution: make a ticket to report their griefing, giving as much detail as you possibly can (times, names, exactly what they're doing and the consequences of their actions, etc.), then log off and go do something else while the GMs handle it. No point wasting your time in the raid.

And if it was 6am server time then I'm assuming you had stayed awake for the entire night. In which case... Go sleep?

With a near 2 day wait on GM tickets....?

And after working nights for 10 years, my sleeping pattern tells me when to go to sleep, not you! (Joke ofc, but I do work nights )

Quote Originally Posted by Boombataa View Post
    With a near 2 day wait on GM tickets....?

And after working nights for 10 years, my sleeping pattern tells me when to go to sleep, not you! (Joke ofc, but I do work nights )
    Ahh, makes sense. Yeah, I used to work nights as well. Sucky things. Glad I'm out of those now!

If you just make the ticket to report someone, you shouldn't need to be online for the ticket. You're not expecting some immediate response, you're just telling Blizzard what happened. You'll get some generic 'thank you for the report, we can't tell you what happens' message in your mailbox, but the report is done and you've done the right thing. That immediate LFR run would be unsalvageable, but that's when going to do other stuff comes in!

I haven't had anything of that nature happen yet. But most I can say is just go through with your ticket.

Does /ignore keep people out of your raids as it does out of your dungeons?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never seen this happen personally but I would agree that you should put a ticket in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh that was nothing. I have seen once a *naked guild* of 20 ppl doing stupid shit in lfr. Who knows how many ppl left. Or once i have seen 6 healers that werent healers at all.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Seen a few times now where random non tanks just taunt the bosses, like zon'ozz etc, trying to wipe the raid.It's really lame, lfr is just a HUGE mistake by blizzard

Deleted
    Don't do LFR if you don't want to deal with retards

Quote Originally Posted by kath01 View Post
    Seen a few times now where random non tanks just taunt the bosses, like zon'ozz etc, trying to wipe the raid.It's really lame, lfr is just a HUGE mistake by blizzard
    There are douchebags in every aspect of the game, so don't blame the system, blame the people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boombataa View Post
    At the moment of zoning in, they are on Madness of Deathwing, with 17 people in raid, and a healer starts the encounter. As you would expect, most people just rushed to try to make things happen, and then one of the Priests healgrips a tank away into the void between platforms.
    You sure? I'm almost positive that move can't be used while moving, which the priest had to have been doing in order to pull between platforms. I call BS.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    You sure? I'm almost positive that move can't be used while moving, which the priest had to have been doing in order to pull between platforms. I call BS.
    You can cast lifegrip when jumping between platforms, sometimes it'll bug out and kill your target. I did it to my friend the other day during downtime.

yeah im done doing Lfr while queing by myself its a waste of time when you have a ench shaman win for 4 caster items of one boss ill be ok if he had taken one (talking the staff from madness) but all 4 my goodness

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yisile View Post
    You can cast lifegrip when jumping between platforms, sometimes it'll bug out and kill your target. I did it to my friend the other day during downtime.
    Damn. I'm going to have to try this out next week when I run LFR on my priest again

Personally, I'm a fan of killing all tentacles on Spine. It's great then you stand inside the tentacle's animation so they can't see who is attacking it. I usually always get 2/4 when I queue last half of LFR on my warrior, and someone always starts Spine while rolls are still happening, so I like to grief before I leave the group. Asshole move? Yeah, but I had a friend in the group I did this on last night and they still downed him, even with 7 tentacles down.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    Damn. I'm going to have to try this out next week when I run LFR on my priest again
    Sorry, first you call BS, then you see it as a good idea? Kek. The secret's out. Priests wipe raids, period

It wasnt so much what one person was doing, that would have been a temporary annoyance, but when you have 2, 3 or more people all doing different things to wipe the same raid over and over, it's hard to try to figure out a - who is doing it, and b - how to stop it.

---------- Post added 2011-12-31 at 05:16 PM ----------

Finally had a reply from GMs:

Rest assured, we take these offenses very seriously and I would advise you to /ignore these players if you can to avoid any more incidents (to ignore someone either right click on their name or portrait and select ignore or by typing /ignore name, replacing name with the player's name. This can also work for players on other realms by typing /ignore name realm and replacing name and realm with the player's name and realm) Ignoring them will also stop them from being group with you in any future Dungeons or Battlegrounds. Here is a link to our policies just in case you're curious about our procedures in these sorts of matters: www.wow-europe.com/en/policy/
    Ignore seems to avoid getting in the same Dungeons and BGs, but a little unsure if Ignore works for LFR.