Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    A lot of media members where in the closed beta. End-game content was tested in cleared in the beta. End-game content is also already being clear right now by those who had early access or rushed to level cap.
    I understand its close to the end of the year and it kind of has to be decided around or before that date - but 11 days is no way enough time to check out an MMO. MMO's by definition are huge games that need a lot of time to see everything it has to offer.

I wouldn't mind a normal single player being given an award this quickly as you can complete most single players pretty quickly nowadays. But an MMO takes far more time and commitment to see most of it.

Thats how I feel anyway.

Forgive me for being observant, but don't games that are released at the end of the year always win those rewards? And games, no matter how good, that are released at the beginning of the year have a snowball's chance in hell of winning?

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    But it's not "someone". It's at least 537 "someone"s.
    And your point? One wrong review and thus their whole stock is upside down?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    But it's not "someone". It's at least 537 "someone"s.
    With a heavy possibility of sampling bias. Whereas the census targets groups in order to get more accurate data from the 500 people they poll for a given local statistic.

OT: I don't know if I can accurately compare the two as I only played TOR during the stress test beta weekend, but it didn't seem nearly as fun as Rift. I guess I'll get a better idea when the start their 7-day trial or its equivalent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

Deleted
    Should TOR really be the best MMO of the year, I would be first in line to congratulate them, however as was the same with MSNBC's award

there is simply no way that every aspect of the game has been thoroughly reviewed in this short amount of time, and as such an award like this for TOR is
    pretty much meaningless, GameSpy pretty much disqualifies itself to be taken seriously.

to me it just sounds like they are going along with the hype.

At the earliest you gotta wait at least 3-4 months before even considering an award for an MMO, and thats pretty generous imo

10+ Year Old Account
    ... storylines we likely would have glossed over if they weren't delivered with a staggering amount of recorded dialogue.
    Reading is too difficult for game reviewers I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Vendettaboner is pretty childish and antagonizing, I would say. And don't refer to the posters on these forums as a conglomerate, as we are not one. We're individuals, and we can post what we want that's relevant to TOR. I didn't even post in the MSNBC thread. It just seems that you're angry that people are posting good stuff about TOR, low and behold.
    I apologize if you took that as childish, but I tend to see posting things with an undertone of "WoW sucks!" much the same. But you're right, I totally hate SWTOR, that's obviously why I've expressed a desire to see it succeed, for the overall benefit to the MMO market.

Do I think it's a good game? Yes.
    Great? Nope.
    Does EA/Bioware desperately need to address core issues to succeed? Yes.

There's my post history, in a nutshell.
    Last edited by DeliciousTears; 2011-12-30 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Android keyboard! XD

Deleted
    Far too early for MMO of the year.
    The only reason it got that award was because everyone and their dog (myself included) thinks TOR is awesome. In a years time if we see new story additions and new flashpoints and hate to relate to WoW but raids, then it would have more than enough to earn that award.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Since all the adoring Obi 'wannabe' Kenobis are drooling down the front of their Hugh Heffner dressing gowns in total ecstasy and will never find a fault with anything
    One of the most pathetic attempts at a "burn" I've seen in a while. Seriously man...Hugh Heffner dressing gowns? DRESSING GOWNS?? Ooooooooooo burrrrn!!!!

Too soon!

You must construct additional pylons

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not like there was even any competition. A few days playing TOR vs a few days playing Rift shows a clear winner out of the only 2 really competing for the award. It was an easy win and easy conclusion.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ashbone View Post
    At the earliest you gotta wait at least 3-4 months before even considering an award for an MMO, and thats pretty generous imo
    yeah right.
    But people's opinions are all equally valid I suppose ...

Play 5 minutes of SW. Play 5 minutes of Rift. I know which one I'd rather play. If they have been playing it for 10 days + then they can make their decision.

Someone said my game isn't as good as someone else's game !!!! NURSE !!!

People need to calm down and play sone TOR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Seriously man...Hugh Heffner dressing gowns? DRESSING GOWNS??
    Clearly out of your league then, maybe Grandma's bathrobe is more your style? still waiting for somebody to tell me exactly what the "paid award" is all about?

Game JUST came out and it's already claimed a title? :|

Honorable mention: Rift.

Like the only other one competing for this title. Not hating on SW:TOR, since I actually quite like it, but this award is kinda ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpal11 View Post
    it's been out for 11 days in 2011 and its the game of the year? what the fuck is this bullshit...
    its called a golded handshake.....

UBI "we give u ur staff nice things etc"

GAMESPY "ooooh nice sure we can make u game of the year 2011 in return"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    It's not like there was even any competition. A few days playing TOR vs a few days playing Rift shows a clear winner out of the only 2 really competing for the award. It was an easy win and easy conclusion.
    If it was down to game play then imho Rift would be the clear winner but as it seems to be down to $$ then EA will always with that fight.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trinzel View Post
    its called a golded handshake.....

UBI "we give u ur staff nice things etc"

GAMESPY "ooooh nice sure we can make u game of the year 2011 in return"
    They didn't name SWTOR GOTY. Skyrim is GS's GOTY.

I wonder if people will shut about GS being paid when other sites call SWTOR MMO of the year as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moomurr View Post
    If it was down to game play then imho Rift would be the clear winner but as it seems to be down to $$ then EA will always with that fight.
    For me, it was about fun. Plain and simple. Rift's gameplay was not fun, nor was it appealing for me. Blame money or big company all you want, but the subs speak for themselves. The larger community of gamers are enjoying TOR for the same reasons. That's why it will win these awards.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Not trying to break balls, mate, but even the SWTOR devs have said that right now they effectively have zero subs, since everyone is still on their free time.

The MMO market is a marathon, not a sprint, and RIFT is still running.
    Last edited by DeliciousTears; 2011-12-30 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Accidental Quote