Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's the theory crafters hard at work trying to take the "fun" out of have your own spec or any type of individuality , at least that's how I see it . What's optimal , what's more efficient ...yada , yada , yada . Optimal , efficient , what WORKS best . I know they have been their since the dawn of gaming but is taking that approach really necessary. Hell if we fought world hunger with this type of enthusiasm , no one would ever be hungry again.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    to me having a game with "gear" that uses "stats" with abilities that do "x" ammount of dmg/healing and then having no way in the world to see how your performance was or how your toon improves with new gear/stats is a bit, well not a bit a LOT odd... tis like "yey got a new blaster", "cool, whats it like", "fukk knows"... combat logs are a must in an mmo i feel...

ALSO, WTB TARGET OF TARGET OPTIONS.
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Deleted
    Since AddOns are within the allowed bounds of the game, they are there for players to take proper advantage of them.

And I think someone that claims to be an exceptional player, is supposed to consider taking advantage of them, whenever such an allowance appears.

Even without combat logs, sooner or later, people are going to theorycraft the game. You can swap gear around and see how much it affects damage, repeat a few times and you have a working formula for each ability. With or without parses/logs, people base decisions on the best info they have -- even if that "best info" is a spreadsheet that runs calculations based on known formulas for abilities.

I'd rather know how well *I* did compared to the rest of the players my group, rather than how well the spreadsheet says my class should be able to do in a perfect world vs other classes.

If they don't want to make mods like recount possible, fine, particularly if that may open the door for things like BigWigs -- but we should at least be able to export a formatted combat log for a website like World of Logs.