E8400 and SWTOR.

Will this processor o/c'd to 3.6 ghz be enough to handle swtor on max settings with an Nvidia 560ti?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Short answer : No
    Long answer: You can expect to play on medium, possibly even on high settings. However the Core 2 Duo E8400, even overclocked, is still too old of a CPU to max out The Old Republic.

e8400 @ 3.6ghz
    gtx 470 1.5gb
    4gb ram

max settings running smooth here.

1920x1080 resolution btw
    Last edited by steamrice; 2011-12-30 at 08:36 PM. Reason: resolution

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steamrice View Post
    e8400 @ 3.6ghz
    gtx 470 1.5gb
    4gb ram

max settings running smooth here.
    Then I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Seekr View Post
    Will this processor o/c'd to 3.6 ghz be enough to handle swtor on max settings with an Nvidia 560ti?
    Depends on resolution. I have a 2560x1600 monitor, a 560Ti will never run max settings at that resolution no matter what CPU I pair it with.

If you running 1680x1050 ya I coudl see max settings being fine.

out and about youll probably be ok, but in the imperial fleet, or whatever the equiv is for the republic, if theres a lot of people there, your frame rate will explode (in a bad way)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seekr I think you're the guy with the space combat video that I posted a comment on earlier this morning. :O Am I right? I'm phoenix7289. Hmm... maybe I'm wrong, very close to the same setup as this guy. O_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW5hk...ure=plpp_video

---------- Post added 2011-12-30 at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bargiddle View Post
    out and about youll probably be ok, but in the imperial fleet, or whatever the equiv is for the republic, if theres a lot of people there, your frame rate will explode (in a bad way)
    lol even my system, 2500K@4.0GHz+heavily OC'd 560 Ti drops to 20ish in some parts of the Imperial Fleet during peak hours on 1920x1080. >_<
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Short answer : No
    Long answer: You can expect to play on medium, possibly even on high settings. However the Core 2 Duo E8400, even overclocked, is still too old of a CPU to max out The Old Republic.
    Uh, pardon, but I have an E8400 and play this game buttery smooth. 60+ FPS at all times(sans standing in the middle of Vaiken Spacedock with 200 people on all sides) with all options on maximum, 1680x1050, 4xAA/16xAF. I'm using an E8400, an AMD 6850, 4 gigs of RAM, none of which could be considered anything but budget.

The E8400 is not too old to max out this game.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Found the thread on SWTOR.com that I think pertains to this.

*Ultimate* Desktop PC performance guide for The Old Republic

Quote Originally Posted by bargiddle View Post
    Frame rate drops from 60+ to around 30 in my experience on my E8400 with a bajillion people around. The GPU is the limiting factor here, not the CPU.

ya the e8400 runs crysis 2, skyrim, rage, and everything i throw at it so you guys are really off on your cpus...

Lower res should be fine (as backed up by example here) if your gaming at 1920x1xxx you might find it chugging a bit in places.

Those with C2D processors being a little ... whatever - if yours is ok, fine, what res are you running it at though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Lower res should be fine (as backed up by example here) if your gaming at 1920x1xxx you might find it chugging a bit in places.

Those with C2D processors being a little ... whatever - if yours is ok, fine, what res are you running it at though?
    It's not just "ok". it runs 60+ fps at 1080p. theres a 1080p youtube video posted above with spec like OP says hes running 60+ fps. This game isn't exactly top of the line graphics...

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steamrice View Post
    ya the e8400 runs crysis 2, skyrim, rage, and everything i throw at it so you guys are really off on your cpus...
    Like I said I stand corrected. Like beating a dead horse now.