10+ Year Old Account

Rate my PC, and suggest upgrades!

So I know for the most part what I need to upgrade on my machine (everything), but I'd like opinions from the wonderful and brilliant minds of the MMO-Champion Computer forum! First off, let's start with some specs.

Mobo: ASUS P5N-E SLI

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33GHz

GPU: XFX Radeon HD 5750 1GB DDR5 PCIE

RAM: 4GB (I believe the brand is Crucial.)

HDD: 250GB

I'd like it to be able to run SW:ToR on higher graphics settings, I currently run on low. It does medium fine unless I'm in a heavily populated area, so I just turned it down. What would be the most beneficial upgrades? Obviously anything I do I would be upgrading my RAM to 6, maybe 8GB, and upgrade the power supply if need be, though I'm not sure what power supply I have right now. I was given this comp a few years ago, and upgraded the RAM and GPU on it, and it runs WoW on max graphics very easily, but needs a bit more "umph" for SW:ToR.

Thankful for the help, as always!
    With love,
    Gnomage
    Last edited by Mr Gnomage; 2011-12-30 at 09:22 PM.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    A quick note on the PSU. You can always plug in your specs, and possible upgrade in to this tool: http://images10.newegg.com/BizIntell...age-Calculator

That will give you an idea what PSU you should be looking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    A quick note on the PSU. You can always plug in your specs, and possible upgrade in to this tool: http://images10.newegg.com/BizIntell...age-Calculator

That will give you an idea what PSU you should be looking for.
    Oh very nice, finding new tools is always wonderful, thanks. Apparently my computer can run on a 350w power supply pretty easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    well considering your cpu which isnt that good , to do any kind of a meaningfull upgrade you'd need a new motherboard, cpu and ram , nowadays getting anything lower than a i5 2500k would be a crime , you could also upgrade to something like a GTX 560 TI and a new PSU something around 550 watts 80+ would be nice .

10+ Year Old Account
    What Motherboard would you suggest? I have a good knowledge of CPUs and GPUs, but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to motherboards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything over a P67 would be nice, anything under and you wont have overclocking capabilities for your cpu .