best profession for kitty

i only have 1 toon, at first i had mining and engineering both at 525 but i decided to switch to leatherworking and skinning, after reach leatherworking at 525 i will change skinning for something else focused on DPS..... any suggestions???

Well I was actually going to suggest LW but you have already levelled it. There really isn't much that seperates 2 crafting proffessions besides Engineering. They all offer you a base +80 Agility and +81 Agility for JCs.

However, if you like to keep track of all your CDs then you can get a lot from Engineering. You can use it whenever you want it especially when your trinkets Proc. However, I would rather take a passive +80 Agility over Engineering. If you really raid a lot or frequently use potions and flasks for Heroics or while levelling, Alchemy is pretty decent. The buffs from Flasks last for twice the regular duration and I think potions give you a +40% benefit.

Otherwise, it really doesn't matter. It depends if you are looking to make a profit from it as well. You could probably go with Inscription if you don't want to farm the rep for Therazane.

Engineering's Synapse Springs line up nicely with (unglyphed) Tiger's Fury and Berserk and provides 480 agility for 10(?) seconds once a minute (so you can use it every other Tiger's Fury and it should be up for each Berserk as well). It's usefulness is a lot less if you have an On Use trinket though, since you can't use both at the same time.

JC/BS/Alch for passive stats, Engineering if you aren't lazy and want to squeeze out some extra DPS every minute. Definetely keep LW though, as it has the strongest tanking enchant, and it gives cheap leg enchants.

Quote Originally Posted by nxzt View Post
    JC/BS/Alch for passive stats, Engineering if you aren't lazy and want to squeeze out some extra DPS every minute. Definetely keep LW though, as it has the strongest tanking enchant, and it gives cheap leg enchants.
    Blacksmithing is currently on top in terms of passive stats when you place epic gems in the two extra sockets. And Jewelcrafting has the weakest bonus when you only have epic and JC gems in your gear (but when you have at least three rare gems, it's similar to other crafting professions).

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJD View Post
    and I think potions give you a +40% benefit.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the 40% benefit only counts for health and mana potions when you have one of the Alchemy trinkets equipped. Drinking a strength/agility/intellect potion doesn't provide extra benefits to an Alchemist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the 40% benefit only counts for health and mana potions when you have one of the Alchemy trinkets equipped. Drinking a strength/agility/intellect potion doesn't provide extra benefits to an Alchemist.
    I actually gained 60 agility from Potion of the Tol'vir when I tested it on my alchemist, no alchemisttrinket equipped and no buffs.

6290 agility without anything, 7550 with potion.

7550 - 6290 = 1260.

However, not sure if this is because I have alchemy, 60 is hardly 40% of 1200.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devantejah View Post
    I actually gained 60 agility from Potion of the Tol'vir when I tested it on my alchemist, no alchemisttrinket equipped and no buffs.

7550 - 6290 = 1260.

it's 5%, BoK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    it's 5%, BoK
    As I said in the post, I had no buffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devantejah View Post

7550 - 6290 = 1260.

It's leather specialization. All classes gets 5 % extra main stat if they wear the proper type of gear.