Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    LOL Thats cute. Go read their webpage, they had nothing but positive things to say. Your estimation is sadly meaningless compared to theirs. It's alright though, keep playing Warcraft you people seem to think its okay to devolve any single fucking positive thread that anybody ever posts about this game. Eventually you'll turn on warcraft to and you can go troll their posts for a bit.

Also Deathwing was such a deep fucking encounter btw...
    It is quite amazing isn't it. Blizzard shills and disinformation campaign is in full swing. Too bad that they aren't really converting anyone one way or the other. If anything, they are giving folks a good look at how people act in WoW's community should they choose to go from TOR to WoW. Remember the good old days when obvious trolling got warnings and infractions from mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbabyy18 View Post
    Nice.. first week sales lol.
    Give it a good few months, and this game will be at half that number.. maybe.
    Oh look! Drewbaby, perhaps one of the biggest WoW fans on MMO-C, is back with his doom and gloom predictions for SW:TOR. Never fails that he'll chime in with the usual rhetoric if anything positive is posted about the game. Funny how you can look at the first page of WoW general discussion and it is just that...general discussion. You com here and have little turds like this guy infecting nearly every thread. uboredinwowbro?

Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    They all shelled out £50 for the game and subed £8.99 a month and are new to the game ofc they wont say anything to bad about it. I just fail to see whats so grate about this video it does not look all that grate to me. Going back to warcraft just checkout Yog +3, algalon, LK etc etc them fights were tones more interesting to watch than that video and took far longer to complete.
    The most vocal minority about problems with the game are presented by those who have never played it or just played. Your argument about having just paid so they aren't complaining is just dumb. Perhaps people are enjoying themselves and that is why they aren't saying anything bad? I just spent $59.99 on Skyrim and think its the biggest pile of dogshit I've played in a long time. I spent the money and I was complaining about it before 8 hours of game play. It isn't like BW doesn't have the ability to tune the raids...especially since a vast number of their players aren't even level 40 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Age of Conan also sold 1milion on first month, just saying!
    Total...they sold 1 million total the first month. The link just physical copies there genius...and doesn't count the digital copies sold. What a Derp! Just sayin'. Oh yeah, nevermind they sold nearly 700,000 physical copies just between the 16th and the latest report.

Quote Originally Posted by Methias View Post
    One complains about people pressing a button every 2 seconds or so... And suggest that because of that, it's not entertaining.. Is it me, or is that the stupidest thing someone could say? Because spamming the 1 or 2 key as a combat rogue in WoW is so much fun? <.<

Note: The comparison was made to show an exact opposite. The combat in SWTOR isn't like WoW, there is no auto attack. There is nothing done for you, what happens is based on what you press. That alone gives reason for a longer duration between button presses. I'm sorry but I still can't understand how pressing buttons rapidly = fun. Perhaps at the age of 21 my mentality has reached a level calmer than the average person with ADHD on this site. Who knows?
    Let not forget Arcane Mage 1 button nuke

Remember?

FAIRFAX, Va. - September 15, 2008 - Mythic Entertainment, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) studio, today announced that the highly-anticipated MMORPG, Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning® (WAR), will ship tomorrow to retail stores across North America, Europe, and Oceania in preparation for launch on September 18th. WAR set a company record for the most retail pre-orders placed by consumers for a PC title in EA's 26 year history. Overall, the company has sold 1.5 million units of WAR to retailers. They also said they set a company record for the most pre-orders sold by a PC game in EA’s 26 year old history.

and then:
    August 14, 2009: While Warhammer Online initially sold over 1.2 million copies, the subscriber base has settled at the considerably smaller total of 300,000.

So we can talk about subscribers in a few months - right now people are still in their free month and I guess most of them will be done with the game after those 30 days.

Yes, the same company - EA+Mythic. This time it's EA+Mythic+Bioware.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2011-12-31 at 03:32 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    Meh once that 1.98M players hit level 50 and have nothing to do because its a "story mmo" with no story left in it. Then we can count the numbers, counting them now would be useless as most players will unsub by the end of 2012.

EA fail to realize people don't want to quest forever. Didn't rift sell more copies than this also?
    Each quest is a shitload more fun then doing LFR, if what you say is true then MMOs are in a terrible place right now cause myself and a lot of others won't go back to wow. Imagine having done Ulduar in LFR, fuck that would of been epic.

According to XFire data the player numbers are stagnating. Not a good sign.

People getting so defensive about their precious games.

Cute.

Anyways, I hope SWTOR succeeds, or at the very least GW2. WoW needs competition. (hint: hoping an MMO will fall flat on it's face in this current market is not a good thing)

My personal opinion on this game is that the pre-level cap content is far better than anything WoW has ever done, and probably will ever do. I can't say anything for endgame though.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2011-12-31 at 05:28 AM.

That doesn't seem very high... What happened to Starwars saying they had 2 million pre-orders or some shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by counterhero View Post
    That doesn't seem very high... What happened to Starwars saying they had 2 million pre-orders or some shit like that.
    This number is for physical copies only.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    This number is for physical copies only.
    Where does it say that?

---------- Post added 2011-12-30 at 11:34 PM ----------

It says WoW has only sold 4 million copies? Even with a guess that is way wrong.... My educated guess would be around 30 million+ over the past 7 years. Especially since there are 10 million subs right now. And im sure since 4.3 we gained more. But those number wont be out for another month.
    Last edited by counterhero; 2011-12-31 at 05:41 AM.

Where does it say that?

---------- Post added 2011-12-30 at 11:34 PM ----------

It says WoW has only sold 4 million copies? Even with a guess that is way wrong.... My educated guess would be around 30 million.
    Like was said...physical copies.

I'm REALLY hoping for SWToR's success. Hopefully around 5 million even though I don't play the game myself. WoW is truly monopolizing the MMO market.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Like was said...physical copies.

I'm REALLY hoping for SWToR's success. Hopefully around 5 million even though I don't play the game myself. WoW is truly monopolizing the MMO market.
    Yah the sad thing is most people that are buying the game are playing it like an rpg. without the mmo part. Alot of my friends are playing it like that. So they wont be paying the 15 dollars a month. But I'ma give it 3 months.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yah the sad thing is most people that are buying the game are playing it like an rpg. without the mmo part. Alot of my friends are playing it like that. So they wont be paying the 15 dollars a month. But I'ma give it 3 months.
    Yes, that is sad. If they are playing without the MMO part it is their choice...doable and probably fun for some, but I'd venture to guess that it will get tedious after a while. I log in to either one of my characters and it is hard to get questing done sometimes since there is so much MMO available with either of the two guilds they belong to. Heroic 2+/4+, flashpoints, world bosses, datacron hunting, pvp, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Remember?

FAIRFAX, Va. - September 15, 2008 - Mythic Entertainment, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) studio, today announced that the highly-anticipated MMORPG, Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning® (WAR), will ship tomorrow to retail stores across North America, Europe, and Oceania in preparation for launch on September 18th. WAR set a company record for the most retail pre-orders placed by consumers for a PC title in EA's 26 year history. Overall, the company has sold 1.5 million units of WAR to retailers. They also said they set a company record for the most pre-orders sold by a PC game in EA’s 26 year old history.

and then:
    August 14, 2009: While Warhammer Online initially sold over 1.2 million copies, the subscriber base has settled at the considerably smaller total of 300,000.

So we can talk about subscribers in a few months - right now people are still in their free month and I guess most of them will be done with the game after those 30 days.

Yes, the same company - EA+Mythic. This time it's EA+Mythic+Bioware.
    Mythic is the developer ande tehy have not touched their greedy little hands on swtor lest it be plagued with wars problems
    Been gone since 2011, enjoying being back.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Digital distributors often don't release their sales numbers. The pre-order numbers that was given was listed as not including those orders. I highly doubt that Origin has released its sales numbers so I expect the actual number of subs to be a bit higher.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who give a damn about those numbers.. Im having fun and everyone i know that is playing currently is too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omniclass View Post
    Mythic is the developer ande tehy have not touched their greedy little hands on swtor lest it be plagued with wars problems
    They advised on a few things and helped bioware about certain aspect that didnt work in other games, they did DAoC, i think they have the right to give their opinions and what went wrong and good with their games.

P.s. Also WAR was released 6 month+ too early and was not ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Who give a damn about those numbers.. Im having fun and everyone i know that is playing currently is too.

They advised on a few things and helped bioware about certain aspect that didnt work in other games, they did DAoC, i think they have the right to give their opinions and what went wrong and good with their games.

P.s. Also WAR was released 6 month+ too early and was not ready.
    Advice is exactly that, he stated it like they were co-developers. I am completely enjoying and loving every minute of the game as well...
    Been gone since 2011, enjoying being back.

I don't understand why people think WoW and SW:TOR can't live in harmony. You know what happens when a game has such a substantial lead that they have jack shit in terms of competition?

You get a year of killing the same god damn boss with maybe a *bonus* boss thrown in. I will keep both subs for WoW and SW:TOR open. And I suspect anyone who makes more than 30 bucks a month will do the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    That's hardly a sign of anything, positive or negative. Xfire is not a great place to pull data from.

Give it up bro, people are not coming back to WoW no matter how you look at it, Swtor will climb from here on out, face it.

15+ Year Old Account
    people still use xfire?

i thought that place died like 3 years ago...