Help Buying a Motherboard

Hey all; recently bought an i5 2500k off of NewEgg via their year end sale. Next week I'm looking to pick up a new mobo to seat it in as well as about 8 gigs of RAM for it.

Would like some feedback and/or help in the most cost effective motherboard. I've personally never shopped for one before so I don't really know what to look for; the one thing I do know is that I don't want a Micro-ATX board or of the sort; my case is already cramped enough; trying to fit wires close together wouldn't be my cup o' tea.

Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalysun View Post
    Hey all; recently bought an i5 2500k off of NewEgg via their year end sale. Next week I'm looking to pick up a new mobo to seat it in as well as about 8 gigs of RAM for it.

Would like some feedback and/or help in the most cost effective motherboard. I've personally never shopped for one before so I don't really know what to look for; the one thing I do know is that I don't want a Micro-ATX board or of the sort; my case is already cramped enough; trying to fit wires close together wouldn't be my cup o' tea.

Thanks.
    My personal suggestion -

Gigabyte Z68 UD4H - $194.99

or get the one in my sig, slightly older revision, still a great board.

Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3

edit: oh, didn't see uggorthaholy's sig.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    My personal suggestion -

Gigabyte Z68 UD4H - $194.99

or get the one in my sig, slightly older revision, still a great board.
    I am using a microATX UD3 board, and in general my opinion of Gigabyte motherboards are that they are the best bang for your buck and offer the most flexible features.

what case do you have?

Thanks for the advice so far guys; I will probably go for either of the 2 suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizey View Post
    what case do you have?
    This computer started off as a college computer so (as I was broke as hell at the time) I rented one from Rent-A-Center and started throwing parts in it as I got the cash for it. There's not a hell of a lot original left besides the mobo/case. The computer itself (same case) is here:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883107982