Synapse Springs - Retribution ?

My raid leader has been broaching the topic about this profession repeatedly with me.
    I'm currently Alchemy/Enchanting, so I'm not scrubbing it up with a gathering profession, but I am curious.
    Logically, I can understand how popping SS with AW/Zeal/GoAK would work out to being better than the standard 80 stats.

TL;DR: does anyone happen to know roughly how much more dps Engineering is than Enchanting or Alchemy?

When not considering any other outside increases, it is an 80 str increase overall. During Zealotry/Wings/GoAK, it is slightly higher. My math puts it worth ~32 additional str during AW/GoAK.

If you have an on-use trinket, I would say it is probably a dps lose as it puts your trinkets on CD for 15 seconds.

Get Blacksmithing. If he is hounding you to get Engineering, I wouldn't take any notion of it as it isn't rets best Profession.
    Last edited by Eon Drache; 2011-12-31 at 09:37 AM.

Plus an 18000 absorb every 5min or something on your belt

If it is really that important I would pick up bs/jc. Or at the very least bs. But, it is hardly a deal breaker with what you are using.

Quote Originally Posted by Jämeson View Post
    If it is really that important I would pick up bs/jc. Or at the very least bs. But, it is hardly a deal breaker with what you are using.
    JC is the worst profession to have unless they buff them this patch.

You should just tell him to back off professions play a minor role, it's all about the player.

10+ Year Old Account
    What anaxie said. If professions REALLY mattered, I doubt I'd have mining still.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if you use AoK, you will put the springs on a little CD when you use the trinket, so it won't really line up with your CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpony View Post
    And if you use AoK, you will put the springs on a little CD when you use the trinket, so it won't really line up with your CDs.
    Your forced to use a /use trinket "rotting skull" on heroic spine anyhow. which would screw your eng enchant. Skull is also BIS with EoU for Haggara.

If you really want to talk best profession that doesn't cause problems go tailor/ blacksmith. I assume u are already full 50 str gems if your going to sink money into a brand new profession? you would gain alot more from gem investment vs profession leveling.